• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tuore's Update Part 2: The Last Years​

June 1440. The ruler of Hansa gets excommunicated and DoW'd from many directions. I decide to join the fun.

poorreason.jpg

I fail to Crush Poland, so I get a new mission. It is "vassalise Meissen".
In July 1442 Lübeck is conquered! But they have another province... in Livland. I won't go after them, so I vassalize them instead:

hsavalla.jpg

Only about a month from this, Bohemia decides to reclaim Oberlausitz.
nieder.jpg

My BB limit would allow me to take one province. After a quick, decisive war I take Sudety because of several reasons:

1. To disconnect Bohemia from the HRE minors
2. To gain connection to the northeastern parts of the realm
3. To TAKE something instead of vassalising.

connecticute.jpg

Oh, and talking about northern areas of the realm, the Eastern Roman Empire has settled to Kola to found a new Rome:

byza.jpg

Hansa, still excommunicated, gets attacked by Sweden. I prepare to attack, but then...
abrech.jpg

So, the save passes to Whitefang. I leave you 1.82 inflation (I couldn't lower it more), no loans, BB at the limits and three BB-reducing 3* advisors.

But don't worry Whitefang! You'll probably be leading the best king ever seen:

nicen.jpg

Who said inbreeding creates ugly, deformed, stupid childs? Not me!
But still... a 9/9/9 king? You, Whitefang, make sure you exploit... ehhh... put the skills to a good use. Yes.

Wow!

What a kid! :eek:

That is a talented kid! :)
This creates some . . . possibilities. :D
Good luck Whitefang.

I've always been partial to a good Crusade against the infidels personally. :)

Well, I got 8 years with my King. I unfortunately was unable to do much. I increased relations with the Papacy to prevent excommunication and to try and get more prestige from being Papal controller (didn't come close to being the controller, though). We're set up to pass the next HRE reform. I won 2 wars with nothing to show for it and lost a war.

The full update will be tomorrow and I'll pass along the save game then, too.

Well, I got 8 years with my King. I unfortunately was unable to do much. I increased relations with the Papacy to prevent excommunication and to try and get more prestige from being Papal controller (didn't come close to being the controller, though). We're set up to pass the next HRE reform. I won 2 wars with nothing to show for it and lost a war.

The full update will be tomorrow and I'll pass along the save game then, too.
Only 8 years with the god-King?

I've sent along the save game to klorius, and I'll edit this post once I get the update ready. With luck, that's sometime in the next few hours (I have a hockey game in 2 hours which might delay things).

Whitefang's Update Part 1: The Regency Council

The adventures of the incompetent Bavarian Regency Council.

With high infamy and no ability to wage war in the first place, I put the Regency’s incredible 4 DIP score to good use and let the infamy cool off. I decide to use the magistrate left to me immediately to conduct a population census. I get the bad event, but I’ve done the calculations, and the extra pop growth makes up for it and the extra income makes it worthwhile. I decide to save up magistrates to pass Land Reform in an adjacent province (Wish I could have gotten a monument…)

Since I have nothing else to do, I check out if anyone is having trouble producing inbred aristocrats. I gain a marriage with Thuringia, fully expecting it to not work out.

Somehow my current mission to vassalize Meissen vaporizes, and my new mission is to form a stronger bond with the Hapsburgs. The reward is +1 STAB. It was in my plans originally, but now I’ll get rewarded for it. Almost immediately, Bavaria is struggling with corruption. The option to eradicate is absurdly costly, and the penalty to let it continue is -1 STAB. That’s convenient. I promise a daughter to the Austrians to make the corruption scandal go away.

A real thing that happened.

Stability.png

Our new mission is to vassalize Alsace. I decide not to pursue this mission. I do regret this now, but hopefully someone will make use of it if they want to.

While letting the wealth accumulate and waiting for my king to mature, I have fun eradicating rebels. Many countries seek Royal Marriages with Bavaria as well. Saying, “why not?” I accept virtually any request. Especially if they have no heir.

But the peasants are apparently quite unpleased with these decisions, or perhaps they see the regency as a good time to try and get what they want.

Peasants.png

A rather odd request occurs when Mecklenburg wishes to enter into a royal marriage. The request is less odd when, upon inspection, it is revealed that Mecklenburg would be inherited by Poland if its current monarch were to kick the bucket. I accept, and Mecklenburgians rejoice at their new inheritors. They would get an heir soon after…

inheritance.png

My beloved general dies, and I elect to build 2 new cavalry regiments instead of replacing him. I will wait until I need a general. I get about 8 months until rebels pop up. I decide it’s not worth the risk to have my army annihilated by rebels and pay the 50 ducats for a general.

In a surprising turn of events, France offers an alliance. France is evil, but I am tempted to accept, for the time being. Most importantly Burgundy lies between us, and Burgundy outmans us and produces nearly equal income. France, indeed, would be a worthy ally at this present time. It would turn out to be one of my best decisions.

FrenchAlliance.png

Suddenly, Holstein is attacked! The vile Scandinavian country of Denmark seeks to expand their territory. I accept the call to arms, and march my army immediately northwards, securing the necessary military accesses. I also raise war taxes, to help our economy. I fear the situation may be dire, as if I do not reach Holstein in time it may be annexed. The HRE members are pleased with the emperor’s swift defense.

The day is won! The forces of Denmark are completely routed, and from here it is easy cruising to victory.

rout.png

Holstein even manages to expand…

victory.png

And so the regency ends, and the first 5 years of my turn. Long live emperor Albrecht III von Wittelsbach! He already has a son, apparently, (sex at age 6? Those crazy medieval nobles. Let’s pretend he’s a brother…) Thankfully, he is above average in 2 categories. He will live to succeed his father, er, brother.

newking.png

Last edited:
I've sent along the save game to klorius, and I'll edit this post once I get the update ready. With luck, that's sometime in the next few hours (I have a hockey game in 2 hours which might delay things).

Well the least you can do is win your hockey game and/or knock some teeth out! :D