• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's true that you don't really need France - the game could actually be more interesting with a more normal balance of power.

The comet event sure is cool - I had played HTTT (which I got a couple of days ago) for just minutes when it fired for the first time. I laughed so hard :D

I can't remember what war Oldenburg jumped in on, but as you can see, Big Brother Blob took them out for me.

No, I can't see.

(My silly way of saying that you have the wrong screenshot there ;))

Sounds good. So does nationalism, I guess its pretty useful in Germany.
You said you didnt have a good chance of inheriting France. Isnt inheriting a fixed 10% chance per monarch?

As I understand it, if you are smaller, you are not going to inherit. Quite simply, it is not worth it to have to stay artificially at war until I outgain France + all her colonies.

Malurous: Fixed.

Down with Big Brother Blob! :D
But seriously, is your next target Poland?

Oh? So I guess this applies to Denmark and Sweden too. Does Denmark need to gain more provinces than them to inherit?

Yes to both, to some extent. Of course, it's much easier for Denmark to get a big enough army not to have a need for this strategy.

Don't give him any ideas. I'm fine with the first, but not with the second! :mad: But, I don't see a problem because Austria never seems to win anything in Paradox, I guess they kept the Habsburg Empire as historically accurate as possible, they can only win if they fight the Turks! :p

*cough* the Italian wars *cough* Francois I *cough*

Good AAR though, keep it up!

Yes to both, to some extent. Of course, it's much easier for Denmark to get a big enough army not to have a need for this strategy.

Also, the disparity between Denmark and Sweden is smaller than me and 17th century France.

Also, the disparity between Denmark and Sweden is smaller than me and 17th century France.

Indeed, both in army size and territory.

A larger army is required to prevent insult spamming, yes, but I didnt know it affected inheriting too. Just curious as in my Denmark game I have spent ages not inheriting anything. Anyway, enough about me. This is your AAR.;)

A larger army is required to prevent insult spamming, yes, but I didnt know it affected inheriting too. Just curious as in my Denmark game I have spent ages not inheriting anything. Anyway, enough about me. This is your AAR.;)

Territory affects inheriting, army size not getting insulted. I just mentioned that it's another difference in the situation, even if it might have been obvious :)

*cough* the Italian wars *cough* Francois I *cough*

Good AAR though, keep it up!

Thank you! In my AAR with Bar, Austria and I have a border between Aleppo and Demascus, and they're my biggest rival.

Chapter 5: The Prussian "liberation" of Bavaria

May 10, 1706: We pass the Importation Act (+6 TE, +6 National Trade Income, -4% compete chance abroad, -6% tech cost)

January 29, 1707: As our armies advance into the Netherlands, we wipe the floor with their armies in Holland.
p05abofholland.png

April 7: Netherlands gives up some cores, releases Gelre, and gives up 424 ducats.

June 12: With 5 magistrates, we Formalize Scales, Weights, and Measures. -.5 RR, +10% TE, +10% PE, +5% National Tax Modifier. This is a really nifty capitol only province decision.
p05afswm.png

July 3: Spain lets us out of the war by conceding defeat. Finally...

July 17: Fortification Suffering event - lose a fort level or go defensive. We choose defensive since it staves off the constant invading armies.

August 1: Mecklenburg defects due to the fanatics we hired. Defections now trigger a CB for the original country, but Netherlands has a truce with me, so they're SOL.
p05ameckdefects.png

August 18: Bavaria declares war, via Nationalism CB. It's so nice to have stupid neighbors while you're in Regency Council. Poland and Cologne jump in. Gee, another war with Poland. At this rate, I'll never get to use my Conquest CB to grab Danzig and Warmia.
p05abavariadow.png

April 27, 1708: As we go charging through Bavaria and assaulting everything before France can be a pain, Poland offers White Peace. They have 3 of my provinces (Hinterpommern, Memel, and Ostpreussen, the usual 3), so they must know I'll kick them to the curb when I'm done with Bavaria, and they see France's high War Capacity. This leaves Bavaria and Cologne in serious trouble.

September 6: Switzerland eats Tirol.

September 15: We take Koln from Cologne. We eat an extra infamy that we might other wise not pay if we were using the Nationalism CB, but it's worth it. Cologne is now a German-cultured English Minor.

September 17: Bavaria is split into 3 non-bordering provinces, and we take 6 provinces, including Franken, the second to last one we need to form Germany. Our infamy is now 29.33/33.00...with -.30/year burn since I can't get a Diplomat.
p05abavariapeace.png

September 23: Bavaria converts to Protestantism.

November 1: Niederbayern converts after a month of missionary work.

December 20: Sweden offers white peace. We decline, for a reason I don't remember.

January 7, 1709: Fortifications are doing poorly event. Again - lose a fort level or go 1 point defensive. We go defensive.

October 17, 1710: Austria embargoes us. Whatever.

November 1, 1711: We pass the Mining Act (+6% PE, +3% Tax, -.04 merchants, -3% Merchant Chance, -3% Compete)

May 13, 1712: DoW Saxony to take Dresden (the last province required for Germany). Mainz and Bavaria join in.

November 27: Saxony is annexed for 4 infamy (half cost due to Nationalism CB).

December 13: Bavaria renounces claims, treaties, and their treasury for peace.

A shot of Central Europe.

May 11, 1713: Poland warns us again.

July 11: We move 1 point to Centralization (now at Decentralization 1), and a pretender rises. He dies in a hail of cannonfire.

December 20: Netherlands declares war on Gelre via Reconquest CB. Bet Gelre is feeling stupid for dishonoring our alliance now...

March 22: 1714: Petition for Redress: we accept the petition and move 1 point towards Free Subjects.

March 26: We DoW Poland to take back Danzig and Warmia. No one important jumps in.
p05adowpoland.png

Last edited:
Great update. How many more provinces do you need to form Germany?

Wow, seems that an epic war is coming! :eek:

Great update!

How many more provinces do you need to form Germany?

May 13, 1712: DoW Saxony to take Dresden (the last province required for Germany). Mainz and Bavaria join in.

November 27: Saxony is annexed for 4 infamy (half cost due to Nationalism CB).

;)

Excellent AAR, very witty and oh so learned. Hooked as soon as I read the information regarding sliders on the third post. Very intersting to read an AAR set at a later time too.