• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I most look forward to playing a nation on the fringe of Europe, and leading them to massive uber glory. Watching my empire grow in size and eclipse the "old" kingdoms in prestige. Spreading my ruler's obscure culture across whole swaths of the map.

Favorites from CK1 were: Georgia, Apulia, northern Russian minors, and crusader kingdoms in Africa / Palestine.

One thing I am looking forward to is multiplayer. Multiplayer is freaking awesome when you have about 5-8 people playing. CK1 crashes too often, which I can understand with it being an older game.

One thing I am looking forward to is multiplayer. Multiplayer is freaking awesome when you have about 5-8 people playing. CK1 crashes too often, which I can understand with it being an older game.

Yeah, I can't wait until the office MP switches to CK2.....

I never played CK1, so this is going to be a totally new experience for me. It looks brilliant so far and, as someone who never plays proper 'Role Playing' games, that aspect of this actually has me intrigued. I also don't know too much about the history of this period so I'm looking forward to learning about that as well.

I never played CK1, so this is going to be a totally new experience for me. It looks brilliant so far and, as someone who never plays proper 'Role Playing' games, that aspect of this actually has me intrigued. I also don't know too much about the history of this period so I'm looking forward to learning about that as well.

CK1 is much like EU3, but the number of world changing things you can do is much much much much much greater.

Yeah, I can't wait until the office MP switches to CK2.....

I know you guys will do a great job on it. CK1 and EU:R has flaws where if you get married before March 1, (first 3 months) the game crashes instantly. By then, all the good brides are gone. lol. Good luck on working on the Multiplayer!

Rulers make local alliances and marriges! Also they should focus on the regions that are close to them. I was so upset when king of Scotland had more land in Spain, France and Italy than England.

No more sheik of Upsalla or London.
Some kind of navy.
A better diplomacy.
The possibility, for a king, to be vassal of another for some of is minor titles(as was king of england to the king of france)

Last edited:
No more sheik of Upsalla or London.
Some kind of navy.
A better diplomacy.
The possibility, for a king, to be vassal of another for some of is minor titles(as was king of england to the king of france)

Another example is the king of Naples (Sicily), who was a vassal of the papacy since the kingdom of Naples (Sicily) was a Papal fief (powerful popes considered more kings as their vassals (some in theory were), but most of these kingdoms weren't papal fiefs). IMHO the king-level papal title should have the ability to have kings as vassals.

Beheading my wife's lover, while I myself impregnate the rest of my court. Sending the kids to the monastery. Assassinating childless siblings.

Well, the usual, I guess. :)

Playing characters without having to own a province. Great addition (if I remember correctly).

Well.
The Pope's vassals was more in name than in facts.
Normans care little to be vassal of the Pope.
The same happened for other princes that put their crowns under pope blessing.

I think that this kind of relationship between the papacy and a kingdom/Dukedom should be simulated by some kind of alliance

Cutting my fingers with paper when I mass-fabricate rights to enemy's titles.