• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well written jju_57! Yes the AI does some crazy stuff nut we ignore all the crazy stuff that really happened.

The AI needs more work but I think it is evolution, not revolution. I would like to see lower AI (such as Army) better at defending in low supply situations (not just letting units go to zero ORG and get destroyed) and it should be possible to leave the AI defending an occupied region. When a partisan appears, the AI should not drag units from everywhere to deal with it but leave garrisons in ports and send one or two close mobile forces only.

We seem to be after a perfect AI, operationg at all levels. People point to how well a human can control an invasion in-game but they ignore how badly humans did in real life.

what did the press say after Gallipoli? "the question is not if great britain can survive another world war. the question is: can great britain survive another churchill?"

Great job, but it's rather disheartening to see how many people failed to understand your real intent, and thought you were actually discussing HOI3 AI shortcomings :p

very well done,I love it jju_57
The deippe raid as well as the raids Britain carried out in norway were actually very useful because they caused Germany to commit large numbers of troops to defending in the west when they were desperately needed in the east and britain wasnt yet capable of a serious invasion.The deippe raid was a disaster but the lessons learnt there ensured that DDay was a success.

Do one for WW1! :D

I love you jju_57 :) just pure heartful love and i want to cuddle you and never let go!

and a big kiss to anyone who got it ^^

Now imagine how impossible it would be to somewhat mimic historical results if the ai was "perfect" (in context of the game) :)

Well, i do really like this post by JJU, but i believe the German AI is not as stupid as the real world leaders, at least, whenever i play Italy, there's a 80% change Germany steamrolls the USSR. But, o.k. i've seen stupid things as well, like when i played Germany, Italy tried to overrun Greece with totally insufficient/ineffective troops in a very hostile environment, all in the middle of winter! Stupid AI!
BTW: when i let the AI run my war on France as Germany, my generals performed a marvelous, nearly perfect encirclement of Paris, luring French troops into the city, and then close the gap; there were almost no (French) survivors, i really enjoyed that and immediately promoted all the generals involved :p

Now imagine how impossible it would be to somewhat mimic historical results if the ai was "perfect" (in context of the game)
HOI3 would have to be a simulation. Therefore, the information availability would be much, much poorer and I bet that most players/the AI would do even more mistakes than the historical leaders.

-fixed a bug where the JAP AI kept declaring war on the USA in late 1941. It wasn't comparing IC levels correctly, and so never realised there was no hope of victory.