• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroclastic

Captain
68 Badges
Jan 30, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
So apparently, the Content Descriptor Records for the game on Steam have a new entry:

cdr..png

"Legacy of Rome" sounds like a Byzantine DLC, right? I wonder what features will be added.

The words I would use to describe my reaction is not suitable for public eyes, instead I will say it in the privacy of a different site with a different set of rules. Not bashing PI's rules, but rules are rules.

This...is interesting to say the least. I'm very curious as to how major changes to the ERE will be made exclusive to a DLC without cutting it off to vanilla players, though perhaps there's more to this than we even realise.

Please oh Paradox gods let it contain some sort of check box option for inviting multiple people to plots at the sametime.

I'm just glad to think that they -are- definently going to give us a CKII Expansion instead of forgetting about CKII to focus on EUIV,

I'm just glad to think that they -are- definently going to give us a CKII Expansion instead of forgetting about CKII to focus on EUIV,

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't abandon CKII for EUIV considering they attribute the overwhelming success of CKII to their reasoning for making EUIV.

I'm more worried about V2 not getting enough expansions, really.

Same. Hopefully a team goes to work on that soon, maybe after this DLC, or Their Finest Hour.

I was under the impression that there was a main development team(EUIV), a secondary development team(unknown project in the works), as well as a dlc/expansion team working concurrently. So I wouldn't worry too much. ;)

It could also be a DLC for the Papacy.

Great suggestion, but as the base title suggests, the game is supposed to be based around the Crusaders (Catholics) and this system is fairly well developed. If they did improve upon this, I would hope it would be in the form of a patch, not a DLC.

could be an HRE DLC for all we know.

Another interesting thought. I would welcome such with open arms but I doubt that's what they would label as the Legacy of Rome. The HRE was only Roman in name.

A Byzantine expansion does not interest me at all. An overhaul of the Orthodox religion would be great, but in a patch. That should have been included in the base game. To sell the full version of the Orthodox religion in a DLC would be the cheapest thing I've ever seen. After all, all Christians took part in the crusades.

The HRE was only Roman in name.

I believe it was Voltaire who said that the Holy Roman Empire is neither holy, nor Roman nor an empire.

That said, I'm eager to see what changes this brings and how PI will continue to maintain a balance between nickle-and-dime-ing their way through expansions and keeping DLCs modular enough for players who don't care to buy into them. SoI was an obvious flip of the switch for what was previously inaccessible, let's hope the next DLC can maintain what we currently have while offering more for DLC buyers...somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.