• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ivan Rogov

Lt. General
43 Badges
Jun 1, 2004
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Out of curiousity I peeked at Castille, an AI in my current game. How long can they continue in this way?

inflation.jpg

They just need to scrap some of their army and reduce colonial maintenance. If they don't, they'll go bankrupt in a decade or so, depending on how much cash they currently have in the treasury. If they do go bankrupt, everyone will want a piece of them and they'll probably crumble. At least they will lose the bloated army/navy that way.

Edit: It also depends on the difficulty, as this doesn't show you the AI bonuses they would get on higher difficulties. They might have a larger income and higher inflation reduction when you are not playing them.

England in my game currently has an escalating inflation at 60% in 1675. They're falling behind in tech but otherwise they seem ok. They haven't gone bankrupt as far as I can see. So based on that, I'd say your Castille probably has a way to go still :). Seriously though, is 60% inflation normal for the AI?

I see nations around 30% all the time and I normally get bored with a game mid-way through the 17th Century, so I imagine that they have to climb even higher as there's more building to do. Pretty scary concept of financial management.

England in my game currently has an escalating inflation at 60% in 1675. They're falling behind in tech but otherwise they seem ok. They haven't gone bankrupt as far as I can see.

Yeah but this Castille minting fully and still losing money!

Seriously though, is 60% inflation normal for the AI?
Unfortunately, yes.

I stopped playing with inflation after the 3rd game or so, since it completely kills the A.I. The game's more challenging with that feature turned off (just try to hire a Master of Mint and stay beneath inflation limit to give a bit more challenge to yourself).

I stopped playing with inflation after the 3rd game or so, since it completely kills the A.I. The game's more challenging with that feature turned off (just try to hire a Master of Mint and stay beneath inflation limit to give a bit more challenge to yourself).

I gave the AI a fairly large triggered modifier to negate most of its inflation. Highest I've seen it since adding that modifier is 8% during Russia's march through the Steppes.

I gave the AI a fairly large triggered modifier to negate most of its inflation. Highest I've seen it since adding that modifier is 8% during Russia's march through the Steppes.
Can you share what exactly have you done? I am interested in having such a feature but I have almost no modding skill.