• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The king is dead! Long live the king! All hail Karnak!

Karnak is the Kingemperor of the Prussians!
Hail the King of Kings!
Shahanshah of the North! :p

yay! Dizntis doesn't get the throne! all Hail the king-Emperor of Prussia (And the other such nations)! Karnek!

I am happy that monster will never rule Prussia.
It seems that Dzintis was not a popular character. ;) I made the right choice.

The guards, confused to their next move, rochambeaued over who had to fetch the body.

The Prussians are pretty hardcore and all, but I really doubt that the guards would hold a groin-kicking contest to see who had to clean up dead nobleman. :rofl:

Karnak is King! Hail King Karnak!

The Prussians are pretty hardcore and all, but I really doubt that the guards would hold a groin-kicking contest to see who had to clean up dead nobleman. :rofl:

Karnak is King! Hail King Karnak!

Sorry for that confusion, I meant Rochambeau as in "rock paper scissors", but I wanted to avoid the word "scissors" so I used the other word. Aside: I also understand that rps was a product of the XIX century, but there you go.

I think a fitting place for Dzintis in the royal mausoleum(?) would be next to Eadbert. If only he had kept his head he would have made his forefather proud. Anyways, it's a welcome change to have a bloodthirsty despot on the throne after all these noble rulers.

I think a fitting place for Dzintis in the royal mausoleum(?) would be next to Eadbert. If only he had kept his head he would have made his forefather proud. Anyways, it's a welcome change to have a bloodthirsty despot on the throne after all these noble rulers.

I agree and I understand what you mean. So for those of you who enjoyed Dzintis's madness I have good news, okay news and bad news.

Bad news is that Karnak and his son are both "noble kings".
Okay news is that both go on wars so there is something to read.
Good news is that after those two, we get to Vishly who is more like Vlad the Impaler then just out-right crazy.

I agree and I understand what you mean. So for those of you who enjoyed Dzintis's madness I have good news, okay news and bad news.

Bad news is that Karnak and his son are both "noble kings".
Okay news is that both go on wars so there is something to read.
Good news is that after those two, we get to Vishly who is more like Vlad the Impaler then just out-right crazy.
I, for one, will welcome Vishly personally with open arms. :p

Nah, I like noble kings too. But stories about the crazed are always fun to read.

Look ahead to PEIOU - Prussia's Chance to Rule the World

--==THE GRAND CALIPH==--

Territories.png

The Grand Caliph grew during the Infinite War it stretched, at its max, from Lisbon to Belgrade, east to west; and from Stockholm to Carthage, north to south. Though it lost a few territories to Prussia and to nations leaving the union, it remains the dominant force in European politics. Until the 1350's it was a single, united nation. Until 1364 it was mostly ruled by Sunni Muslims, but following the division of Western Sunnis (Europeans) and Eastern Sunnis (Arabs) it was ruled mostly by conservative Muslims. In a few regions shiites existed, but in general France, Italy and Spain were almost entirely Muslim. Germany, however, remained mostly Christian in the north, and was a major place for rebellions and instability.

In 1352 the Caliph died without heir, and his massive duties were split between his seven sons. Since then the Caliph decentralized, turning into a patch work of more than 100 countries, with 50 major ones.

Countries.png

The seven sons would elect an Caliph from amongst the rulers of the different fiefs. The major player, though, in affairs was Aragon, formerly Toledo. The Emir of Toledo moved his capital from the middle of Iberia to the coastal city of Barcelona. He was elected the first Caliph and would rule the Caliph for almost four decades.

Countries on map:
1 - Leon
2 - Seville
3 - Aragon
4 - Vasqua
5 - Guyanne
6 - Arles
7 - Auvergne
8 - Vendée
9 - Bretony
10 - Dauphin
11 - Provence
12 - Blois
13 - Normandy
14 - Bourbon
15 - Nevers
16 - Alpines
17 - Champagne
18 - Flanders
19 - Lorraine
20 - Hainaut
21 - Holland
22 - Hessenland
23 - Friesland
24 - Brabant
25 - Jülich
26 - Alsace
27 - Baden-Breisgau
28 - Württemberg
29 - Ulm
30 - Schwabia
31 - Augsburg
32 - Rheinland
33 - Franken
34.a - Frankfurt
34.b - Würzburg
35 - Nürnberg
36 - Bamberg
37 - Münster
38 - Lüneberg
39 - Bremen
40 - Holstein
41 - Bayreuth
42 - München
43 - Krain
44 - Tirol
45 - Milan
46 - Savoy
47 - Tuscany
48 - Urbino
49 - Venice

When that comes out, I am so playing Carthage. If it is synced with HTTH, maybe one could engineer a way to reunite the Caliphate!

I'd just turn Carthage a certain French culture (Occitan; it was dominant in France at the beginning of the game, and better suits a Mediterranean culture) and in game I'd try and go Shiite, avenge Hannibal and take Italy. That and colonize parts of the New World.

And who are the Electors of the Holy Iberian Caliphate ? which nations do they rule ?

When that comes out, I am so playing Carthage. If it is synced with HTTH, maybe one could engineer a way to reunite the Caliphate!

I'd just turn Carthage a certain French culture (Occitan; it was dominant in France at the beginning of the game, and better suits a Mediterranean culture) and in game I'd try and go Shiite, avenge Hannibal and take Italy. That and colonize parts of the New World.
It will not be synced with HTTT, sorry... it isn't even really synced with 3.2, though I believe you just change one definition... gigau can confirm that.

Carthage starts off as Carthago which is also related to the Arles culture, those two cultures make up the French/Arab mixed people. They are also wahhabi, though one switch and yes, they'll be shiite.

For reference, I've gone crazy with the cultures... there are a whole bunch of new ones.

Orthodox England FTW! And then Aragon reuniting the Grand Caliphate FTW! And then being uber with Prussia FTW!

This will rock.
England starts off as English Unionist, which is technically orthodox, yes, but is supposed to represent a middle-ground between Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

And who are the Electors of the Holy Iberian Caliphate ? which nations do they rule ?
The electors are: Aragon, Vasqua, Normandy, Flanders, Urbino, Krain, and Vendée. I haven't gotten as far as adding rulers yet, and I might just use the historical ones to lighten my load. Since I have just finished Europe physically, I have to redo the alliances, and then I have to finish Asia.

Hmm... a nice Holy Western Caliphate forming. :p
It is very nice, thank you very much. I do believe, however, that it is a better use for the HRE than using it for myself. I am hoping that this creates a major European power other than myself that I can enjoy, and will also make Christian expansion unlikely and Muslim expansion likely.

The concept for the AAR is great but wouldn't they technically be the Prusso-Saxons?

Thanks!

Regarding Anglo-Baltic vs Prusso-Saxon: it is all semantics, really. The best way of thinking of it is that the Anglo-Saxons won, so Anglo gets to go first. Generally, I believe that certain phrases (Anglo and Franco come to mind) get to always go first, or it could be alphabetical.

If only Charlamagne could see the Western Caliphate...