• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GO ENGLAND! or uk what ever it is and fight for protestantism ofcourse, fight the evilness of the pope :rofl:

Counted (yes I'll do that all the time to be sure I don't forget some :) )

Option 1! :D

Counted

I am a sucker for Alternate histories, so I say stay Catholic. Not to mention all of your kings up to this point would be rolling over in their graves if you even considered converting.

Well... You're right about the kings :) However the current problem is that there will be two kingdoms with the right religion and to kingdoms with the worng one whtever I do (Ireland and France historically Catholics ; England and Scotland protestant...) That's why I proposed the 3rd option it's the most historical one.

Hmm. Your BB must be astronomical. Ah well, who needs peace anyway? Hahaha

Nope, not at all :) that is right I'm not talking about it a lot but I really take care of it. The first war in India was the first time I delcared war without casus belli. I also always use those casus belli to be sure I won't suffer too much of new annexions. so currently I'm at 15. My goal is to always stay under my BB limit given by the different stats.

So I'm currently à 15/21 and the only time I have been above my BB limit was just before and during the first coalition, which is logical as it was my BB that created the coalition :)

Exactly. BB is the score in EU3.

Also, I vote option one.

Counted

DjMangus said:
2. by far, so can crush the pope and his friends.

Counted ;)

option 1,
but watch out for all those germans, especially after today
(4-1 :D)

Addendum IV

Political structure of the United Kingdoms since 1458

This political structure has been created by King Edward IV in 1458, and still is the rule at this stage of the game

The United Kingdoms' King was the heart of the political power despite a weaker power than other kings in Europe

I) The different institutions

In the United Kingdoms, there are four Kingdoms united under the Lancaster family. The power is not in the hands of the King, as a totally centralized (absolute) power from London would create instability and tensions in the entire Union.

To keep a balanced power, Kind Edward IV gave to each kingdom member of the union a real power on its territories. The King is here to symbolize the Union while each kingdom keeps its own power, laws and decisions into itw own hands.

1) The King

The King is the official ruler of the UKs and the common point that keep the Union as one. His powers are real, but limited on a lot of issues.

The King is of course not elected. He is the son or the designated Heir of the former/last King.

Only the Lancaster family can rightfully have Kings of the UKs.

In theory, the King is supposed to chair every Kingdom's parliament sessions. Most of the time, especially in Scotland and Ireland, the King is represented by a close noble or family member.

2) The parliaments

Each Kingdom has its own parliament. The parliaments are the political power and the only

Each parliament is designated through particular laws. Each Kingdom has its own law. (This wil be more developped in a future addendum. To give an example, let's take France. In France, each Region has its own parliament. each parliament is designated locally by different laws, established by those local parliaments. For example, the Parliament of Normandy is composed of all the lords of the region. In Ile de France, which lack a proper number of lords because of the former Valois rule on it for centuries, the parliament is elected by the population based on a tax qualification vote.

All those parliaments elect four representatives by province, and those representatives will represent their provinces in the "national" Parliament.

Let's note that in all the Kingdoms, only Lords can be national representatives, unlike some Region's Parliaments in France.
)

Each parliament is composed of four representatives per province. So, the French Parliament is composed of 156 representatives. The English Parliament has 60 representatives. The Irish Parliament is composed of 20 representatives and the Scotish parliament has 24 representatives.

Those different parliaments are not united together. They work for their own Kingdoms only.

II) The powers

1) The King's powers

Let's remember that there is no conception of a centralized government in the United Kingdoms. As such, the laws are only for the Kingdoms that voted them. that's why most of the time laws are different between, for example, France and Ireland.

The King has no power on the national laws. He only has the executive power, and as such is here to make sure the laws voted by the parliaments are executed.

On the international matters, the king has the power. However, sometimes, laws can go on "international matters". For example, when France was not entirely united, with several lords keeping their independance (exemple : Guyenne) or other countries having territories (for example : Aragon), the French Parliament voted several decisions to recover quicker those territories, sometimes against the King's will. When those crisis happened, the King and the French Parliament had to negociate to take a decision.

Otherwise, for all the international or colonial matters, the King has the power. This actually created colonial crisis has the English and French settlers began to call themselves "Taxpayers without representation" has they had no parliament nor political power in the United Kingdoms.

2) The parliaments' powers

The national parliaments only had power on voting laws for their Kingdom only. Their power was still enormous for this period, but both the King's and the parliaments' powers were really weak compared to modern day political institutions in Europe. It was even more true in France where each region had a local parliament based on the national one. Those local parliaments also had important powers on laws locally. For example, a huge crisis happened in 1491 between the Parliament of Ile de France and national Parliament when the traders' Party in Ile de France wanted to impose for this region a lower amont of national taxes.

III) Relations between the different institutions

1) The King and the parliaments​

The King is not supposed to have some power on "national" laws. When he chairs a session, he do not have a power to vote. However, as he has the executive power, his opinion and influence are very important during the votes.

If the King feels like a great danger or an absolute necessity impose to the different parliaments to take together an important decision, he can call the four Parliaments in London to have them debating and voting together on a decision that will be then imposed to the four Kingdoms. Ths is called a United Congress. This event happened in 1494.

When a political crisis happen between two Kingdoms or two parliaments, the King has the power to negociate with both parties, and if no solution is found between the two parties, the King then overpower the parliaments and becomes the only lawmaker on this particular issue. A classical example on that would be between Scotland and England, when they both take a decision that will touch the border between the twos that are antagonists.

2) Relations between the Kingdoms Parliaments

The relations between parliaments are not supposed to be, as the King is the only instution that brings the kingdoms together. However, tensions or crisis would happen all the time without any relations. To help negociations when they are needed, every parliament send 2 representatives in the three other parliaments. Those representatives are here to negociation if needed, but do not have any power to vote.

As seen above, when a political crisis happen between two parliaments, the King is the only one who can decide if both parties can't have a deal.

Resumé (click on the picture to see it)

Last edited:
option 1,
but watch out for all those germans, especially after today
(4-1 :D)

Impressive :) I did not know the score before your post :)

I'm going to say Protestant as well. And nice job in India. That's a heck of a trip to make in 1492.

Counted ;)

By the way, I already made some hints about the political powers in the United Kingdoms. Now, you know a little better how things work in the UKs between the different Kingdoms and the King with the post just above this one ;)

and actully its not a heck of a trip to go to india in 1492, vasco de gama did it and even returned soem few years later (whit alot of more firepower) altough he was portugese, the history has changed itself once again in the eyes of eu3 :rofl:

Quite a lovely and complex parliamentary system you've got there! Na Zdravie haha...

SorrY I have no idea what Na Zdravie means :)

Option number 2 Catholic all the way. You could make it interesting by making Spain prot or something like everyone but u and the pope is prot. Ive done that before and it is extreme.

Counted

I think you meant me and the pope catholic, not "prot" :)

and actully its not a heck of a trip to go to india in 1492, vasco de gama did it and even returned soem few years later (whit alot of more firepower) altough he was portugese, the history has changed itself once again in the eyes of eu3 :rofl:

That is totally right !

However he did not went there with 12,000 men :D

SorrY I have no idea what Na Zdravie means :)

It's just a Slavic drinking toast haha. I was toasting to the health of your nation :D

1493 - 1499 : colonial moves and economical reforms

Today, we will focus mostly on the colonial benefits from the early moves of King Stephen II Lancaster.

I) European policies

1) Scales, Weights, Measures

In 1493 and 1494, Edward V pushed very hard to see the scales, weights and measures unified in the United Kingdoms. He did not have the power to make it pass on his own as the four national parliaments had to ratify it.

However this war a strong wish for him. He decided to move in each parliaments to debate it and argue it.

However, by definition, this decision could not be signed independently by each parliament. Any modification would change entirely the nature of the project.

That is why, for the first time since 1458, Edward called for the four parliaments to come in Congres in London after he was certain he had the necessary majority in the four of them.

The United Congress passed the measure in July 25th, 1494

2) Edward V died from his illness

It was for years that everyone was seeing the King as dying. However, through the years, he stand strong and kept proving his enemies and friends he was stronger than it seemed with his illness.

Then, in June 1496, his medics began to see the end. He died on the 19th of this month.

His son, Stephen II Lancaster, rose to the throne.

Stephen II Lancaster

II) Colonial policies

1) Economical moves

In the first days following the conquest of the first port in India, Edward V began to think about how to use this huge advance on other European countries dozens of years before they reach India themselves.

Against the will of the English and French parliament (which had no power against the King's will on this matter), Edward created the first Indian Trade Company to export in Europe Indian goods ! This has been terrible for classical European trades with the muslims and traditional trade routes. They had to entirely change their way of doing business on those trade routes. French and English merchants were then direclty threatened on a short term (which explain the two parliaments' resistance on this decision. Scotish and Irish merchants did not cared about it so those parliaments did not react).

The official foundation of the UKs' Indian Trade Company

2) Conversions in the colonies

In 1493, edward V started several campaigns of conversion in the colonies. Stephen II continued it. In 1500, the progression was :

3) War on the Creeks tribes

In August 1496, the young Stephen II Lancaster was to end the decade-long tensions with the Creeks tribes. One month later, they were annexed.

4) Explorations

In 1496, the UKs discover Malaca
In 1498, the UKs discover the Philipines and China
In 1499, the UKs discover the Magelan Strait

5) Conquest of Malacca

In 1496, Stephen II took immediatly the colonial problems into his own hands. When he learnt that the most important port in the Indian Ocean was closed to UKs' merchants was closed to western people. A dozen of traders tried to enter Malacca. Most of them were sent back, while some has been simply killed by Ayutthayan's soldiers (Ayutthanyan was the Country controlling Malaca at this time).

In January 1499, Stephen was tired of waiting . He ordered the organization of a new colonial army. In August, this army set sail to Ceylon, to be set for war to open Malacca's port... In a few month, the first European - Asian war would begin in a distance no other European army ever sailed in History.

I find it odd that Ceylon was converted after only a few years, while the entire British Raj saw almost no conversion at all in its history.