• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
congratulations Mosby :)

And good to see the tide is turning :)

(although i am indeed a little worried about balancing, but then again it wasn't to beat the chinese army in vic1, it was the partisans...)

I bow to thee, oh, great commander Mosby. YOU F***ING ROCK!!!

I guess that means we will have to wait for someone else to blow up the powder cake that is Europe:D
Glad I'm not a visitor to your kitchen... Blowing up powder kegs is a bit more safe than messing about with combustible pastry. :rolleyes:

Wow, great job turning the tide in the China annexation war.
I wonder if it is possible for the short-lived Republic of Ezo to become independent in this game.

Also, this AAR is what made me finally pre-order Victoria 2. :p

Wow, great job turning the tide in the China annexation war.
I wonder if it is possible for the short-lived Republic of Ezo to become independent in this game.

Also, this AAR is what made me finally pre-order Victoria 2. :p

Mosby, your AAR is flushing the lurkers out!

Nice to see you turning the tide. Noiw I just hope I can pull my stuff together and play the game once it's out...

And once again it is the liberal german republic and not the German Empire.

I agree it seems entirely too often: An Absolutist Monarch should try to hold onto his power for as long as he can, but I don't think its terrible that the Frankfurt Parliament Equivelent succedes more often than it does in Vicky I. The AI should analyse whether or not the Three Hurrahs for the German Empire is likely/possible to achieve, and if so, it should turn it down-- if its an autocratic regime.

Argh, you people commenting here always make me believe there is an update :p

Four and a half hour meeting at work and all stuff which had to be done before and after, hence no time to post and update...until now. Thanks for all the support, thanks you all like it.

I myself am not too much worried about balancing. What I did here was quite insane and had I not build units like mad I would not have achieved a victory. Besides, I don't know how long it will last.

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter XXIV: On to Beijing! Again...

As the troops advanced on Beijing a small Jacobinian revolt was reported in Japan. With a large number of armies forming to be thrown into the fight for China I wasn't too concerned about this revolt. But, subduing all of China was still a long and hard fight, if I would be able to pull it off anyways. This first of rebellions caused by war-exhaustion thus was an ominous one.

2njlmr6.jpg

30avqqe.jpg

Bu December of 1861 Beijing had been reached and was under siege, it would be a long and hard siege but with our troops in front of the enemy capital we knew there was hope of ultimate victory.

2rco5dx.jpg

22j18o.jpg

We marched on and on, and by the summer of 1862, having taken the better third, the northern one, the army was well and truly exhausted. As the Chinese navy, seriously outnumbering but not stronger then ours was annoying me I could not feed in new troops all the time. My main transport fleet was countering their actions on the isles of Bonin and in the Korean straight where they had attacked our territory once more. A feeble attempt to blockade the Chinese coast was defeated and several of ships had to retreat to port for repairs which took the remainder of the war.

33l06xz.jpg

3957_1979_fish-chokes-on-fish.jpg

Good luck! :rofl:

Interesting. It seems that after all, your offensive will be stopped, though not by the enemy, but by low supplies.

Too bad you went for Annexiation, otherwise you could go for your very own sunspot somewhere in future Manchukou :D

Ouch, that is a terrible chunk of land to swallow. Wonder what your infamy will be after you pull this one off...

Oh, btw, just wondering- how do you start pulling off political reforms in an absolutist monarchy kind of country? Still need upper house approval or...? And how's economy?

Too bad you went for Annexiation, otherwise you could go for your very own sunspot somewhere in future Manchukou :D
Not bad at all, I'm enjoying the show very much. ;)

Have to say that Mosby is one ballsy dude for trying to annex whole China in one go.

I wonder what would have happened if he'd gone for crazy building spree before war and attacked with full mobilisation right from the start. Looks like if you want to conquer China you need to throw in all you got.

It's weird. I remember reading a Beta AAR for Victoria 1 that was quite similar to this. Japan, civilizing, quickly taking Kore, then taking China. I was quite glad to see your early armies decimated (no offense!), but now I'm somewhat disheartened. I wish you the best, but I really don't think 1860's Japan should have a ghost of a chance at annexing China. Hopefully something will happen, or, at the least, he'll find post-annexation China as hard to keep down as pre-annexation China...

Seriously though, I really don't see how Japan could POSSIBLY have the manpower for something like this. Japan in the early 20th century, yes, simply because the technological gap had become ridiculous, but Japan in 1860's.. they should be able to handle 2:1 maybe 4:1 manpower tops.. and this is probably like 30:1.

Edit: Also, I see your fish eating a fish, and raise you a snake eating an alligator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jowhiley/2008/02/snake_v_alligator.shtml