• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Singleton Mosby - the greatest military mind of our time?

Impressive. Very impressive. Whilst I really hope you don't annex China I think you deserve Manchuria and a smattering of released nations from this war effort.

After all the blood, anything other than total victory better cause a nightmare with the POPs. How are they BTW? Do they still support the war?

Your AAR is quite riveting. When I get home I will get the demo downloaded and make sure to send Admiral Perry to go keep the Japanese in line in my timeline.

Is this accomplished without any restarts? :eek:

I did only restart once, at the very beginning of the game when I lost my entire army on the beaches of Korea.

Well done Mosby. There's no question that this has been the week's finest AAR.

Amazingly in just 5 days your AAR has managed 86,000 views and is 22 pages long. :eek:

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter XXIII: Re-visiting the fields of Jilin.

By the summer of 1861, the third year of the war, harsh battles were again being fought for the provinces of Jilin and Jimzhou. This time the Japanse were determined not to run away after achieving victory and thus they had to make sure there were enough reserves to follow up.
In the yellow sea, at the southern end of the Korean bay, a Japanese fleet was disembarking a small army onto the Chinese coast. Their goal: to open up a third front, draw Chinese reinforcements and defeat them and in the end march on Beijin.

118j31h.jpg

ix9fkj.jpg

At the same time a secondary force of some 50.000 struck from the far north. It took them several attempts to get a foothold on the Chinese coast as the enemy navy interefered time and again but when they were there the brigades soon fanned out over the countryside and subdued province after province, their first goal however to make contact with the forces on the Korean border and compose one front.

333kdnm.jpg

Still the Chinese came on, throwing in reserves like there was no end to it. By late October of that same year however, their pressure seemed to slacken and the advance on the enemy capital well and truly started.

1z2lk6c.jpg

33m3dch.jpg

The state of the army, which had been somewhat better in the early summer, deteriorated again however as heavy fighting and continues marching was the norm of the day and took its toll on the men. Exhausted armies were now rested however and relative fresh ones brought to the front in an attempt not to repeat the disaster of 1858 and '59.

Amazingly in just 5 days your AAR has managed 86,000 views and is 22 pages long. :eek:
Not unlike Mosby's HoI3 Beta AAR about a year ago. :rolleyes:

But I'm impressed the tide seems to turn once again. What's your current war score, Mosby? Those battle scores should add up, I presume, given these massive pyrrhic victories before.

Not unlike Mosby's HoI3 Beta AAR about a year ago. :rolleyes:

But I'm impressed the tide seems to turn once again. What's your current war score, Mosby? Those battle scores should add up, I presume, given these massive pyrrhic victories before.

Current warscore is 29.

And the HOI3 beta AAR had some 500.000 views in just over 10 days :eek:

Whoa, good indeed. You actually pulled this off! Well, are on the way of pulling this off.
Hope it works out for you!

Current warscore is 29.

Hmmm. Have they capped the warscore gained from land battles (would be nice IMO)? It seems to me that Japan have won over 100 warscore from battlefields already. Or does the warscore from battles not persist? I mean are the score declining as the time goes by?

Been away a couple of days, time to check up on everything... Singleton Mosby should be fine, Japan has to be about the safest GP candidate in the world. You'll only get in trouble if you go looking for it. Say, with...

An annexation war against China immediately after civilising?!?! :eek:

I think we all knew how this would turn out the moment you said it :p A long, bloody war where you might even (eventually) win out, but at huge cost.

More please! :D Nothing like a bit of excitement to test the AI, which has done fairly well it has to be said.

Hmmm. Have they capped the warscore gained from land battles (would be nice IMO)? It seems to me that Japan have won over 100 warscore from battlefields already. Or does the warscore from battles not persist? I mean are the score declining as the time goes by?

If Paradox uses the same rules as in current EU3, then there should be a cap at 25% that you can get from land battles and blockades

I see Germany has formed.

Either that or the flag is mistaken for the german one and is actually only a german minor one´s.

Last edited: