• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(146003)

Nitro Games
1 Badges
Jul 14, 2009
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
Hi all!
I'm happy to announce that Patch 3 for EIC is online!
You can use the in-game Check for updates button to get it or you can download it straight from here:

http://patches.gamersgate.com/EIC_patch3_EN.zip (English version)
http://patches.gamersgate.com/EIC_patch3_DE.zip (German version)
http://patches.gamersgate.com/EIC_patch3_FR.zip (French version)
http://patches.gamersgate.com/EIC_patch3_SP.zip (Spanish version)

Just select the right language version.
If you update through the in-game updating, remember to exit the game before
applying the patch.
This patch can be applied to any version from 1.0 to 1.05 and it includes patches 1 & 2

FOR STEAM AND IMPULSE USERS:
DO NOT INSTALL this patch. You will get your version straight from Steam and Impulse!

Here's the patch notes:

Version 1.06 (August 12th 2009)

Features
- The winners of the Commander competition have been added to commander faces
- Ship starting spots have been changed in battles. Ships now start further apart.
- Check for update now informs if a patch is not available
- Ship movement has been improved
- Ships now always surrender with zero morale
- Ship masts will fall only when mast hitpoints go under 10 %
- Crew morale will go down when masts fall
- Ships with masts down won't try to flee anymore
- Cannons will get destroyed more easily

Bug Fixes
- Problems with some graphics cards fixed
- Problem with special characters in Windows User Name fixed
- Problem with game sometimes freezing in battle end fixed

Enjoy!

Juho / Nitro Games

Last edited:
Huge thanks. :)

Let's testride this baby.

I have to say this game represents some of the best $40 I've spent in computer gaming -- not only is the game fundamentally solid, the level of interaction from the developers and the extremely high quality of support after release is nothing short of jaw-dropping.

Thanks so much!

It would be cool to have patches packed together so every single one of them also contains all previous versions. Especially with that crazy activation system.

Yeah, they are doing really great work and they are eliminating everything people held against this game one thing after another. Sadly the reviews are already out there with the whole metacritic whining you can't speed up battles and so on. :-(

This game could use an add-on in a few months after a few more patches so reviewers are forced to take another look at it after all the fixes. I bet my ass it would score at least 1/3 better because most negative reviews it had was caused by author not being able to see past interface annoyances.

Last edited:
everything people held against this game
as i said in another thread, i didn't buy the game because i didn't like the demo. nothing intended, but i'm not going to buy it now because you guys say it's better, i'd like to try it myself. so, maybe after the game stabilizes the devs could release an updated demo to bring in us stragglers.
(how do you say pretty please in swedish?)

so, maybe after the game stabilizes the devs could release an updated demo to bring in us stragglers.
(how do you say pretty please in swedish?)

It wouldn't be a bad idea to update the demo.

Nitro Games devs are Finnish not Swedish (Paradox are Swedish). Please in Finnish is something like "mielitia" (or at least that's how I remember it). :)

Just bought and installed game. Do I need to find and install patch 1 & 2 as well, or is this latest patch all inclusive? Thanks.

You need to install Patch 1, Patch 2 and then Patch 3 and give your e-mail and serial number each time. That's why I asked for an unified patch next time a couple posts back.

So no patch next Friday? :)

Well, I guess we're spoiled already with three patches inside two weeks...

Last edited:
I spent some quality time with the game and what I like the most in 1.06 is that ships start further away. Now I can organize my fleet the way I want, prepare a proper line, even plan a direction I'm approaching from and wind I will be getting. I just sunk a Frigate with Schooners on simulation! :)

If it works, it's ok. Patches are done against 1.0 version so the latest should fit on top of any previous version. Just make sure that the game is not running in background when patching - ingame update dialog does not close the game and some files may not update.