• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

I love EU3 but I have a problem with achievements. When my Nation changes name (like Castille to Spain) the achievements get switched off. When I load a game it says that the save file has been modified and achievements are switched off. This means that my effort at the Castille HRE achievement is now screwed. Is this right? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks EU3

Welcome to the forums sparklig. Your problem belongs in the bug report forum. Please register your EU3 game to get access to this forum.

On Paradox Connect there actually are people who have the achievement. Though I can't tell if it's legit or cheated.

Go in Highscores page, enter anyone of the first 4 or 5 profiles and hover your mouse over some of their achievements. You will see that their achievements has been done within 2 or 3 ninutes diference one from another, ( We are talking about TIME CONSUMING achievements and not the quick ones )

Welcome to the forums sparklig. Your problem belongs in the bug report forum. Please register your EU3 game to get access to this forum.

Thank you Duskey. I have had a problem registering EUIII. I bought the three (or four) pack off steam and went through the process of entering the keys etc. It accepts my keys for DW and HTTT but not for the others (Vanilla I believe). I'll put my issue in the bug page.

I love games with great communities. Thanks for your kind reply.

Thank you Duskey. I have had a problem registering EUIII. I bought the three (or four) pack off steam and went through the process of entering the keys etc. It accepts my keys for DW and HTTT but not for the others (Vanilla I believe). I'll put my issue in the bug page.

I love games with great communities. Thanks for your kind reply.

There seems to have been some problem with your registration: you're listed as a "guest". Please send an email to forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com with your registration details (not the password), and they can probably help you.

I have yet so see a single cheat/glitch-free ranking on virtually any game on every platform I've checked so far, so I somehow doubt that ;)
Then again, I'm not much of a ranking person. I'm not even logged in while playing EU3 - even though I currently play a plain 5.0 game ^^;

Patch 5.1 and achievements are back, yay!

Personally I haven't been into the late stages of the game in Divine Wind so no idea what that's like. Therefor I decided to go for the England, 30 Three-Decker achievement. I'm currently only taking cores and vassal/PU'ing my way through western Europe. France and Burgundy lies and ruins and most of the small kingdoms are my vassals. A PU with Portugal/Castille/Aragon will be my next target, aswell as continuing peaceful vassalization of small german kingdoms.

Any thoughts?

Patch 5.1 and achievements are back, yay!

Personally I haven't been into the late stages of the game in Divine Wind so no idea what that's like. Therefor I decided to go for the England, 30 Three-Decker achievement. I'm currently only taking cores and vassal/PU'ing my way through western Europe. France and Burgundy lies and ruins and most of the small kingdoms are my vassals. A PU with Portugal/Castille/Aragon will be my next target, aswell as continuing peaceful vassalization of small german kingdoms.

Any thoughts?

You don't have to start from 1399, in case you don't know... :)

Has anyone gotten the one where you must have twenty nations in your COT?
Seems almost impossible...

Got that one as Hansa and it's fairly easy. Just use your trade income to bribe your way across the HRE. Should not take more than 10-15 years if you can keep BB down. Tradewars should be done as well ofc.

/rend

Got that one as Hansa and it's fairly easy. Just use your trade income to bribe your way across the HRE. Should not take more than 10-15 years if you can keep BB down. Tradewars should be done as well ofc.

/rend

Yep, did the same.
It can take a bit of time to bribe and get diplomats etc. but in the end its just a matter of time.

Does anyone know whether tag changes are allowed for achievements like "conquer the world as Ryukyu", get techsavvy as Poland, Form Germany as the TO, become trade leader in Naval supplies as Norway, etcetera?

Sure, but is it enabled for the TO-specific achievement?

For that, you have to check the achievements.txt file in the achievement folder. In most cases, it's allowed to tag switch -- I got "An Early Reich" by going TO -> Prussia -> Germany for example. A noteworthy exception is Ryukyu, where the trigger is:
Code:
	happened = {
		NOT = {
			any_country = {
				NOT = { tag = RYU }
				exists = yes
			}
		}

Which basically means that Ryukyu has to be the only nation remaining.. obviously that means you cant get it if you changed tag!