• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello Van Diemen,

First of all thank you for your mod. You have improved a lot the playability of this game.

I play with RIMP and HotFixes MiniMod with no problems following the steps in the Minimod to install it in the right way.

Now Total Conquest 1.2 is RIMP compatible so me question is: Is it possible to merge RIMP + MiniMod + TotalConquest ?. How to do that ?. Maybe in this order ?:

RIMP 1.3.1
Total Fixes Minimod 2.13b
Total Conquest 1.2

Van Diemen, looking through provinces history files it seems there are many tags for playable factions (i.e. in Italy in times of socii wars), but there are no flags for them or entries in appropriate txts or their own txt files ect. So, starting a historical scenario you have i.e. an uncolonized Campania with Rebels' core instead of independent Campania as province history file implies (after Hannibal). Same with i.e. Saguntum, Tyre ect. Are these some "placeholders" for future work? Is 474 the only scenario recommended now?
Well after being declined for testing HoI3 I hope that you guys do appreciate our work (I know you do):(.

Yes indeed there are some nations that require flags and the tags are there so that they can be added later (if any flags are designed). As you may know I do take the flags very serious. I don't want to reduce the quality of this mod by having ugly flags, so that why we are having problems adding some nations, all just because of some flags. I was thinking about using the new governor declares independence system to simulate the social wars, that saves some flags and is more realistic than totally independent nations.

Currently work is progressing very slowly, mostly because I don't have a lot of time to work intensively on the RIMP. I do hope that we can get some work out again in future and be sure that if any patch arrives for EU: Rome VV then I will try to make RIMP compatible. Don't give up on RIMP yet, we are currently looking to further expand the map and some work has already been done to achieve this, however as always it really a lot of work and that's the main problem.

I hope that you all keep working on improving Rome and providing us with some materials.

About Tyre, they should be in the game already, maybe they were left out in the countries.txt file.

Well after being declined for testing HoI3 I hope that you guys do appreciate our work (I know you do):(.

Yes indeed there are some nations that require flags and the tags are there so that they can be added later (if any flags are designed). As you may know I do take the flags very serious. I don't want to reduce the quality of this mod by having ugly flags, so that why we are having problems adding some nations, all just because of some flags. I was thinking about using the new governor declares independence system to simulate the social wars, that saves some flags and is more realistic than totally independent nations.

Currently work is progressing very slowly, mostly because I don't have a lot of time to work intensively on the RIMP. I do hope that we can get some work out again in future and be sure that if any patch arrives for EU: Rome VV then I will try to make RIMP compatible. Don't give up on RIMP yet, we are currently looking to further expand the map and some work has already been done to achieve this, however as always it really a lot of work and that's the main problem.

I hope that you all keep working on improving Rome and providing us with some materials.

About Tyre, they should be in the game already, maybe they were left out in the countries.txt file.

Give up? This is the best mod :). I combined it with Cursus Honorum, few others and my own changes here or there and VV became a much better experience. I just wanted to now if my install of RIMP is OK with these empty tags. About Tyre, indeed, it needs entry in countries.txt.

If that's what's holding you back, you could have a look at my flags. I compiled them in a rar file (not including the ones for Rome Reborn, though, since they're made in a different style). Use them if you like. :)

Flags.rar

If that's what's holding you back, you could have a look at my flags. I compiled them in a rar file (not including the ones for Rome Reborn, though, since they're made in a different style). Use them if you like. :)

Flags.rar

Van,

I love great looking flags in the game as well but this game is not all about top end graphics. Even if you work your guts out on the flags you are still going to have people who dont like the look of this one, dont think it is historical, etc. Build it and I think the flags will come.

I have a store of B grade flags that you could use as an interim measure or slightly modify some of the barbarian flags as an interim measure.

A lot of people want to see this mod keep going, what has been done so far really enhances the game experience. The small preview of the "big" map work you guys posted some time ago looked great.

EDIT: Link added [[SEE POST #2]]: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374448[/URL]

Last edited:
You could use less advanced flags as placeholders, flags that like the Suebi one are just a bunch of lines, I actually have a few of those in my mod (a quick look at my AAR you should see the in the screenshots the Ilergetes, Ilercavones and Arevaci flags as an example of what I am talking about, and the Edetani and Carpetani ones as an example of what I assume you really don't want :D). In my opinion better then nothing, and not worse then some that already exist in vanilla. These flags would of course, as they are placeholders, be replaced as soon as better flags for those countries exist.

Flags.rar
You have some nice flags there, I'm sure we can use them. Thank you for giving us some more materials to work with!

That is too bad. What did you list as your qualifications?

That is too bad. What did you list as your qualifications?
Well, maybe I did made the "mistake" of putting all my money on boasting about modding skills ;), instead of saying: "I am really motivated to test and aid in the making of HoI3 bla, bla, bla". I guess there is nothing that can be done about it now. I just feel a bit sad about the fact that some people were chosen and IMO haven't really contributed at all to any of the Paradox Interactive games compared to what I and others have done already. Some just joined the forum last or even this year and got picket immediately, it seems a little unfair to me. BTW I applied for the history part, and have you applied/been chosen for the HoI3 beta?

However forget about it, this thread isn't supposed to become some "I'm not in the HoI3 beta" thread. Feel free to continue this discussion at my page or by PM if you like to talk about it ;).

Last edited:
Well, maybe I did made the "mistake" of putting all my money on boasting about modding skills ;), instead of saying: "I am really motivated to test and aid in the making of HoI3 bla, bla, bla". I guess there is nothing that can be done about it now. I just feel a bit sad about the fact that some people were chosen and IMO haven't really contributed at all to any of the Paradox Interactive games compared to what I and others have done already. Some just joined the forum last or even this year and got picket immediately, it seems a little unfair to me. BTW I applied for the history part, and have you applied/been chosen for the HoI3 beta?

I'm sorry to hear you've not been chosen fot HoI3 testing but if this means you are going to spend more time on RIMP it is not such a bad news for us:rolleyes:

There are many other mods that i like and tried to add in ( Total Conquest above all) but this is the best mod by far and while the graphics are great, to me they are not what makes it so good, there's simply no way I am going back to the original map!

So thank you for such a great work and keep it up!!

We will soon post a new screenie showing our progress on a brand new map for EU: Rome and an improved North Africa with more separate countries, so stay tuned!

A new map for RIMP

Like I said yesterday a big developer update with screenshots was about to happen, well here it is. As you may know we are working on improving and expanding the map for EU: Rome. Until today you have seen us mostly working on improving the map, however our talented team has been able to expand the map as well. Most of this was done during the past few months, though veritas started experimenting with the new map already more than half a year ago. Now you may want to know: which areas does the new map add?

The new map was mostly created for the purpose of expanding EU: Rome, while also the team felt that some inaccuracies with the old map, like a malformed Italy, needed to be dealt with. The new map is based on satellite images and modified to exclude any modern day activities, like huge man made dams and water reservoirs. The new map will ultimately expand the EU: Rome map towards India and into Arabia and modern day Somalia. This means that new sea zones need to be made as well from the Red sea towards India and the Persian gulf. And something that will make everyone happy: we added a lot of rivers!

arabiapreview11.jpg

Note that work here isn't finished, we still need to fill in parts of Arabia expand into Persia.

Besides new map expansions and rescaling of Greece and Italy we also improved and expanded the old North Africa map. There are now a lot more nations in North Africa and these were formed mostly from the old Numidia country, which did not exists in the way paradox presented it, as one country.

previewsouthwesteuropen.jpg

New countries in North Africa and a minor expansion of the North African borders

Of course in time other regions will be revised as well, as the new map enables us more detail and more proper inclusion of otherwise border nations, like Garamantea. Also we will revise the regions made by paradox. In time, when ready, I will discuss that here with you as well. Hopefully we will be able to finish our current work within the next couple of months, so that you all will finally be able to play with a proper Rome environment.

Here is one more picture of the new Greece, one of the regions will need to revised again in future.
greecepreview11.jpg

I hope you are impressed with our work and please feel free to discuss it here, of course I won't be able to answer every question and especially not: "when will this be released" related questions. We will release the next version when we feel we have improved and expanded enough for the game to feel complete until the next release.

Last edited:
I am very impressed; in fact, drooling. :) I think expanding the scope and detail of the game is key to making it more fun.

This is looking fantastic, great work guys!:)

Just wondering, but what's the rationale behind including the horn of Africa? And will the Arabian peninsular be entirely filled out, or will there be TI in the desert?