• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You nip that in the butt, though.
You need MASSIVE industrial research to get anywhere near research techs that could balance you out.
With Industrial techs that give you -7% and normal techs that give you hardly 1,0% and often less and only 4 or so techs before the first large industrial humps you are hardly able to stay anywhere north of 75%.
I think that could use some more balancing.

I can assure you that is possible to do all that historically was done even achieving a 142% research speed.

With this tech tree a minor country can get a short hi-tech army to kick some asses if they focus their research on a certain kind of units and keeping research speed as high as possible. And with this map... man, it's a wet dream for blizkrieg lovers.

I can assure you that is possible to do all that historically was done even achieving a 142% research speed.

With this tech tree a minor country can get a short hi-tech army to kick some asses if they focus their research on a certain kind of units and keeping research speed as high as possible. And with this map... man, it's a wet dream for blizkrieg lovers.
Take a good look at this man, this is how you do it! :D
I dont think he actually speak any English at all and get by with translation programs, which leads to some very odd language. I certainly looked that way in the version of Mod34 I tried about 2 years ago anyway.
It had been said once that he self thought english so yea.....

I am playing my first game as Germany 1933 scenario normal/normal. Aod version, I didnt' figure out the tech tree for about 6 months into the game so i was behind in research. Japan conqured China in my game after about 3 years so I am not seeing that problem. My issues so far are tough time clicking on some of the provinces. Spanish Lang for the Romanian Oil to Germany Events. (I am playing English Version), Speed is slower than AOD, but acceptable. around 16:00 hours game seems to slow. I would like to be zoom in a bit more on the map since many provinces are small. AI has been quite challenging as it took me quite some time to eliminate Poland. My army was way too small, and I the combat mechanics are totally different from AOD as well. Overall I like the game especially all the additional events and starting in 1933. Many good features here and well worth the 10 bucks I spent. Looking forward to the 1st patch. :) Thanks I.C. Team

In your industrial techs you can view that have a negative research modifier, and the other techs, have a positive modifier.

If you research a lot of industrial techs, in the future you can't research. Is necessary a balance in the investigations

Play some games
I think the point is not to return to the old system, but give the player a guideline what to research next. That could be performed with the actual year of research in the description.
Btw. this could detected some techs that are close to impossible to research in the historical year. E.g. the Bismarck class cattleship: To have a Bismarck class battleship by 1940 ready (begin to build in 1937) you have to neglect much of the research germany did in other fields. But maybe the techtree balance is stuff for another topic.

I think the point is not to return to the old system, but give the player a guideline what to research next. That could be performed with the actual year of research in the description.
Btw. this could detected some techs that are close to impossible to research in the historical year. E.g. the Bismarck class cattleship: To have a Bismarck class battleship by 1940 ready (begin to build in 1937) you have to neglect much of the research germany did in other fields. But maybe the techtree balance is stuff for another topic.

Hello;

You can easily arrive in 1940 with the " pocket battlaship" in your order of battle. And for Germany is a very good ship, less than ona year to build it, and good abilities with 3 naval brigades allowed. Try it!

Hello;
You can easily arrive in 1940 with the " pocket battlaship" in your order of battle. And for Germany is a very good ship, less than ona year to build it, and good abilities with 3 naval brigades allowed. Try it!
I know, but that is not the point. In fact I'm using this kind of ship. But I try to research and build as close as possible to real compositions. And in real WW2 the Bismark was ready in 1940.
I really like the tech tree and since I played mod34 for quiet some time I'm familiar with it's handling. But I think it is possible to shift some dependencies of single techs to bring the tech tree a little bit closer to reality.

Hello;

I also arrive to France invasion with BBIV researched ( for naval doctrines purposes), but I never build this kind of ship with Germany. I prefer the Battlecruiser branch: it allows you a Pav VI with the 30.000 t. battlecruiser.

Hello,

I got the game and started my first game after 10 minutes i admit i modded it i personally prefer more historical Naval building speeds also converted over the arma skiff set to Iron Cross. Main thing ive seen with Germany, and so far I'm just entering 35, is the lack of events as Germany in 33 especially If you go A historical.

First event I saw after the AI setting even, Which I love it certainly puts the kabosh on peeps who constantly whine about the AI cheating. Now you just tell it that it cant :).

But I decided right out not to blame the Fire on the Communists or KPD and this should have been a big headache for the Nazis because with out the Reichstag Fire Decree it would be very Difficult for Hitler to get the Enabling act with the KPD still in the Reichstag and without those two decrees the Nazis would lack the entire legal basis for the Single party Dictatorship that the third Reich became.

But as a suggestion that there should be a chain of events that the KPD and the more democratic elements of the Reichstag fight and try to block more of Hitlers decrees leading up to possible Civil War when Hindenburg dies and Hitler tries to become Fueher.

Playing in 1920*1080. No major problems so far.

Thought so far:
I only take the negative things here, but I like it anyway.

1) The events are not written in English original right? Some of them need a bit of work, to make them sound more "right"
2) I had seen events in Spanish(?)
3) I think the battles are to fast (I'm use to AoD)
4) I like the AoD battle mechanism, and so far IC's seem to be very simple compared to this.

Iron Cross use the AoD system, is the same, only with some changes. The team reduced the combat time a bit, but the battle mechanism is the same

Hmmm, when I attack I for instance don't see any "stacking penalty" and the losses also seem to be very high and the battles very fast.

Edit: will there be a option to register your game on the forum?
Edit 2: Im playing AoD 1,5 - Germany in the 1933 scenario.

Last edited:
yes, congrats to the makers!!!!! I've only played 33 and til Sept 34, but it's really cool. I would like to know where i can find what requirements there are for the "blacked out". Some of them i can figure out but then i don't know what the different color lines mean too. I never played mod34 :(

thanks for a great version 1.0

yes, congrats to the makers!!!!! I've only played 33 and til Sept 34, but it's really cool. I would like to know where i can find what requirements there are for the "blacked out". Some of them i can figure out but then i don't know what the different color lines mean too. I never played mod34 :(

thanks for a great version 1.0

In your path game, run the program "Tecnoflechas.exe"

Thanks

Great those events where you can choose what your allied AI country should focus to build. Really helps the crazy infantry spam. :)

Last edited: