• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luxemburgists

The decentralization of the already too powerful state is a great move put forward by the Luxemburgists. Together with the added Social Reform and the restoration of the Freedom of Press it seems like the faction to support in the face of the statist movement from the Marxist-Leninists. My own personal freedom is of course a great supplement to this, but is not crucial to whom I picked. The Luxemburgists' way to stop the massive overproduction in our state and let out factories expand at the needs of their workers is a great one.

Though I sincerely hope that Rosa Luxemburg, if elected Chairman, does a better job than the previous faction I supported. The Independents betrayed their own electors and even their higher elected members, and I truly hope that this will not happen again.

To those who didn't like the use of Soviet:

I cannot write Rate on my keyboard as I lack the umlaut. But I can write Soviet.

Soviet is generally seen as a word meaning the exact same thing as Rate.

Soviet is more internationally recognised. People will know what it means more than Rate.

I don't understand why anyone would be put off by the use of the word Soviet instead of Rate.
My post wasn't meant as a complaint.
I just found the idea rather funny that this expression, which is so closely associated with the USSR, might be used in the VSVR. :)

Unless you think that "Soviet" makes it more clear to the average reader what is meant, you could always use the word "council", since that's what "Rat" actually means. :cool:

Luxemburgists! First time I haven't voted for something with Marxist in the faction name in awhile. The platform is simply brilliant.

Frustratingly no.

I will revive my attempts to add the cores closer to when they will be needed.

To those who didn't like the use of Soviet:

I cannot write Rate on my keyboard as I lack the umlaut. But I can write Soviet.

Soviet is generally seen as a word meaning the exact same thing as Rate.

Soviet is more internationally recognised. People will know what it means more than Rate.

I don't understand why anyone would be put off by the use of the word Soviet instead of Rate.

There are a dozen ways to get over that issue.
You can change your keyboard so that some key is going to give ü, ä and ö.
You can copypaste them from anywhere or just learn to codes that give those letters...

Even Raete is acceptable! But not some russian word! Russia is an evil empire!

I'm going to continue to use the word Soviet. Please stop discussing this utterly inconsequential point.

Thank you.

OOC: Wow guys. Suspension of disbelief a little? Tommy isn't spreading counterrevolutionary fervor by using a Russian word. As he already reasonably explained Soviet has developed the international meaning of a Worker's Council. I see little reason for him to have to go the extra mile in changing his keyboard config or copy pasting something so you guys can be happy seeing one word over another when they mean the same thing.

EDIT: Yep, dropping said point.

Ah, this is really tough. I want to vote for the Luxemburgists but there's a big risk that they ally with the Democrats, and I've done the mistake of voting for a faction then succumbing to a coalition with an anarchist-dominated faction before, and that went straight to hell. I would prefer a coaliation between the radical marxists factions, i.e. the M-L and the Luxemburgists. As it looks now, the M-L won't get enough votes form the militarists, meaning that they'd have to align with the Luxemburgists is they win. They have a strong position in the party so far, and historically they've performed very well among the people. So, in conclusion, I'll have to vote for the M-L if I don't want my vote supporting the Democrats; voting for the Luxemburgists I have no control over who they align with; the moderates won't be strong enough to give a Luxemburg-led coalition a majority and they'll have to turn to the Democrats.

EDIT: So, to clarify: Marxists-Leninists

Last edited:
Luxemburgists. I thought about voting for the Democrats, but in the end the dangerous talk of conciliation with the bourgeois powers is too much. I prefer a Luxemburgist-Democrat coalition, though, because I like their ideas for reform of the Assembly. The Luxemburgist economic policy is the closest thing to perfection :D. At last a faction that is as democratic as it is Marxist. I think I will be at home with them. For Council Communism!

People voting Democrat: think about what you're doing! You're voting for a faction that the radical, baby-eating Enewald openly supports! Do you really want a faction that Enewald supports to win?

Vote Luxemburgist, which is Democrat, but better!

People voting Democrat: think about what you're doing! You're voting for a faction that the radical, baby-eating Enewald openly supports! Do you really want a faction that Enewald supports to win?

You just want more power in the coalition! Luxemburgist supporters, surely you can see this statement is blatant politicking! Vote Democrat!

Oh yes and Tommy, what ideology were the Centralists?

Oh yes and Tommy, what ideology were the Centralists?

That was awhile ago. In game they were Reactionaries.

LATEST POLLS!

Total Vote: 42

Lux: 14
M-L: 12
Dems: 11
Mils: 4
Mods: 1

Poor Moderates - always last placed. But at the top things are looking very interesting.

I will never cast my vote for a Marxist. Luxemburgists are Marxists, maybe not Marxist-Leninists, but still Marxists

I will never cast my vote for a Marxist. Luxemburgists are Marxists, maybe not Marxist-Leninists, but still Marxists

Please. Petty tribalism is unbecoming. Luxemburg is our greatest chance to reform the Republic along democratic lines.

Militarists!

Death to our oppressive neighbors!

Status
Not open for further replies.