• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I used Vista to install the Demo and the settings file was exactly where I said it was. Honest.

Heh, strange, on Windows 7 64-bit, I don't have it either.

Very good demo. Only problem that I had was that couldn't disband some armies. Every time I pressed that button it just deselected unit. This was right after the Civil War(and demo ended about a month after it),

Have now done some of the tutorials. I was surprised how informative they were :eek: Now I had no problems in understanding the features.

Last edited:
Have now done some of the tutorials. I was surprised how informative they were :eek: They should have been in the Victoria 1. Now I had no problems in understanding the features... Except one, but I'm sure it's just because of me.

What is the exact difference between the two values on the politics view (on the lower left, in the list of issues)?
Does the "Voters" mean how the people allowed to vote think?
Or does it mean that people just don't know how to vote (something to do with CON and literacy)?
And does the "People" mean how all the people think (including the people not allowed to vote)?

If you look over at your reforms you don't have universal sufferage as the USA. So it is not one man one vote, so this is how the the people who are allowed to vote and the rebalanced according to their weighting (depending on their voting system) feel. The two aren't the same.

I found a few errors with the tutorial:

The first one is actually just a grammar error; the "Passage of Time" box says it is January 1st but the game says January 2nd. Found in the Introduction to Victoria 2.

v22h.png

The yellow arrow is pointing to the wrong box.

V2_3.jpg

Needs no explanation

V2_4.jpg

If you look over at your reforms you don't have universal sufferage as the USA. So it is not one man one vote, so this is how the the people who are allowed to vote and the rebalanced according to their weighting (depending on their voting system) feel. The two aren't the same.

Thanks for the reply. This confirms that I understood it. :)

Haven't gotten into the actual game yet. Still going through the tutorials.

Btw, it was really pleasing to notice that alt-tabbing works in V2. I hate it when a game immediately crashes when alt-tabbing (like TF2 and many other games do).

thats cool. is performance still fine? regular wine or that cedega stuff?

Using Playonliux, thats a graphical frontend for wine. Using wine 1.2 .

The performance is fine, much better than HOI3. The only thing not working is music. Must set MaxShadowSize=0 in the registry or the game will not run. I have done the same thing in all other Paradox games and music still worked, so I'm hoping this is just a demo problem.

Sorry I am repeating myself but I would like to know if it is not a bug having only one war declared by AI during 15 years.

Just finished playing... and all I can say is that Paradox have done an awesome job with this game! Good work, chaps. I'm pretty excited for Friday, and I usually don't get excited for video games. :D

It was an eventful 15 years... war with Mexico, liberation of Cuba from Spain, and the ACW. The only really annoying thing was all the "NULL_STATE" popups, and how the combat played out EUIII style, with me always getting my butt kicked in the first few years.

The main problem is simple.

There is far too much warfare. At the moment the game is ridiculous there should be perhaps 10% as much warfare going on as there currently is in game.

Sorry I am repeating myself but I would like to know if it is not a bug having only one war declared by AI during 15 years.
As other people have reported more wars in their games, it's probably just a fluke.