• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
The patch will obviously contain a lot more, but these are some headlines we think you'll like to see:

• Improved AI handling of rebels.
  • The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
  • Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

More news to come, like the date of the release and more fixes of course.

EDIT
An update from August 30

Let's see, the eternal question what was Paradox upto last week on Victoria 2

Johan - Was off playing around the rebel and refrom system to get it working better
Doomdark - Spent some time improving the rebel fighting AI
Brother Bean - Adding Events and decision, plus fixing things here and there
Besuchov - Doing a whole of host of small fixes for minor issues
Me - Did various economic and tech tweaks to improve mid to late game economic balance.

What I can say with absolute certainty that there will be no patch this week. Still doing stuff at the moment, trying to kill all the problems we know about (and not introduce any new ones) before we ship out a patch.

EDIT
Post just asking when the patch will be ready will be considered spam

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! Paradox has its priorities straight, clearly you guys are listening to the community.

Woooow!! :)

We love you PI! :D

*I know you said date of release will be communicated in this topic, but is there anything we may expect (this week (most likely not), this month, september, ...). i would understand if you prefer not to give an estimate though :)

Improved AI handling of rebels.
That's good. Are we also looking at getting rebels from a wider range, instead of repeated jacobin / anarcho-liberal rebelions?

The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.

Nice. Should make the game a bit more interesting, instead of taking out the European countries one at a time.

Will the new AI take into consideration that some countries (USA and MEX, PRU and AUS, etc) ally with each other, preventing them from actually conquering their historical cores?

Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

Very nice. Should help my economy heaps.

Take however long you need to get it working. The game is still fun regardless, and community fixes can tide us until a polished patch is released... Which brings the next question. Any possibiilty of getting the Mod folder working in the next patch?

:mad:
The patch will obviously contain a lot more, but these are some headlines we think you'll like to see:

• The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
  • Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

This is great, however, my biggest concern is the rebels. And based on what you said, you're only going to improve how AI countries handle the rebels? How about rebels in my own country? :mad:

Until this is fixed, I'll probably be playing Starcraft 2 more than Vic2.

Sounds great! :)

Any optimizing?
The map scrolling is great but I seem to experience some delay when selecting units and building armies etc. Or maybe my computer is just getting obsolete. :eek:o

When will it arrive?
And don't say "when it's done" :D
It's done when it's done.

Any further posts asking when the patch will be ready will be considered as spam.

Sounds good. BTW,do you need to register to get the patch?
I guess you will be able to get it via the game-launcher, as this has always been the case with all of the clausewitz games so far.

Normally, a link is also posted in the tech support forum, you will need to register for access of that. But that is not guaranteed.

It's only registering a serial number with your account of this forum, there are no additional personal details that are needed.

Good News. Please take a look at the german localisation. Some text especially in the tooltips and the diplomatic screens are messed up.

I guess you will be able to get it via the game-launcher, as this has always been the case with all of the clausewitz games so far.

Normally, a link is also posted in the tech support forum, you will need to register for access of that. But that is not guaranteed.

It's only registering a serial number with your account of this forum, there are no additional personal details that are needed.

Thanks! I got Vicky 2 and Ricky off steam so I guess I'd better register. (also need the guide badly!)

Sounds good.
Will army sizes be overhauled so that you are less likely to see 120k of Russians in Alaska in 1850 and 100k armies marching through the Rockies?

Having spent so much time making a realistic supply level system in HoI3, it'd be nice to see some of it ported to Vic2.

Thanks! I got Vicky 2 and Ricky off steam so I guess I'd better register. (also need the guide badly!)
In that case, Steam will do all the patching for you. You would still need to register your gamekey for the guides and access to the subforums, I would recommend that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.