• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fastest Spanish Unification: December 17, 1403 as Castille

aTutc.jpg

Fastest Iberian Unification: December 17, 1409 as Spain

TmHly.jpg

How this happened: I used my usual Castille strategy and forced a Personal Union with Aragon in early 1402. Managed to boost relations to 200 and honor a few calls to arms from Portugal and SOI countries, which gave Aragon moderate trust. My king died in battle during one of those calls and Aragon was inherited; I peaced out a day later and let the timer run a few days before forming Spain (so technically this could have gone a few days earlier but w/e).

Iberia was strange, I got a PU because Portugal lost two kings months apart (the first king was their starting king; second one was their starting heir; the heir didn't have an heir in time), and then my second king died in December 1409.

Last edited:
Updated:
Fastest Netherlands Unification: March 11, 1404. homy_dog34
Fastest Tech Maxing: November 1, 1696, Poland. brifbates

Note: I renamed "Quickest to Max a Tech" to "Fastest Tech Maxing"

You forgot about spain?

Fastest Spanish Unification: December 17, 1403 as Castille

aTutc.jpg

Fastest Iberian Unification: December 17, 1409 as Spain

TmHly.jpg

How this happened: I used my usual Castille strategy and forced a Personal Union with Aragon in early 1402. Managed to boost relations to 200 and honor a few calls to arms from Portugal and SOI countries, which gave Aragon moderate trust. My king died in battle during one of those calls and Aragon was inherited; I peaced out a day later and let the timer run a few days before forming Spain (so technically this could have gone a few days earlier but w/e).

Iberia was strange, I got a PU because Portugal lost two kings months apart (the first king was their starting king; second one was their starting heir; the heir didn't have an heir in time), and then my second king died in December 1409.

You forgot about spain?
What!?! Don't you guys know there is a rule to not post new records when I'm updating/preparing dinner :angry:

Haha, I kid.

Updated:
Fastest Spanish Unification: December 17, 1403 as Castille. President_Eden

EDIT: I'm a little iffy on adding the Iberian peninsula record, due to the fact that it isn't formable country. We could then see a wave of "Fastest Unification of xxx" where xxx is United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, etc, regions that could be disputable. If the community has any input, I would love to hear it.

EDIT: I'm a little iffy on adding the Iberian peninsula record, due to the fact that it isn't formable country. We could then see a wave of "Fastest Unification of xxx" where xxx is United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, etc, regions that could be disputable. If the community has any input, I would love to hear it.
I think its best if we stick to all formable nations that are in the game from the start (tbh there's probably still a few that remains unclaimed like fastest sardina-piedmount, fastest prussia, fastest malaya, and fastest germany, fastest rev. france etc)

Last edited:
What!?! Don't you guys know there is a rule to not post new records when I'm updating/preparing dinner :angry:

Haha, I kid.

Updated:
Fastest Spanish Unification: December 17, 1403 as Castille. President_Eden

That's fine. I threw in Iberia because it did historically occur (even if just a Personal Union for a while) and I thought it might be a category worth considering, but I definitely understand not having disputed countries as options.

I think its best if we stick to all formable nations that are in the game from the start (tbh there's probably still a few that remains unclaimed like fastest sardina-piedmount, fastest prussia, fastest malaya, and fastest germany, fastest rev. france etc)

I doubt Prussia would be all that good a choice since it has a hard limit that would easily be reached since it requires the Protestant Reformation which requires 1/1/1500. Some of the other ones (Rumania too?) would possibly be fun to include. Possibly include some variations on existing ones such as fastest non-Muscowy Russia, non-Holland Netherlands, etc...

I doubt Prussia would be all that good a choice since it has a hard limit that would easily be reached since it requires the Protestant Reformation which requires 1/1/1500. Some of the other ones (Rumania too?) would possibly be fun to include. Possibly include some variations on existing ones such as fastest non-Muscowy Russia, non-Holland Netherlands, etc...

Not realy, you can make reformation come before 1500, you just need a heretic country...

Not realy, you can make reformation come before 1500, you just need a heretic country...

trigger = {
advisor = theologian
NOT = { is_religion_enabled = protestant }
NOT = { idea = divine_supremacy }
NOT = { idea = deus_vult }
religion = catholic
defender_of_faith = no
year = 1500
NOT = { government = papal_government }

Theres a clear "year = 1500" trigger in there.

trigger = {
advisor = theologian
NOT = { idea = divine_supremacy }
NOT = { idea = deus_vult }
religion = catholic
defender_of_faith = no
year = 1500

Theres a clear "year = 1500" trigger in there.

country_event = {

id = 2008

major = yes

trigger = {
year = 1495
religion = catholic
has_country_modifier = "heretic_country"
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 70