• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hint 5:Don´t worry about being a bad boy.
It just means they're removing Badboy as a game system, could apply to either game as both featured many instances where badboy wasn't appropriate, for instance, for EU4 annexing countries in Asia shouldn't really bother europeans at home), and likewise, Rome largely consists of conquering barbarians, which wouldn't give badboy either.
+1 Rome 2, +0.5 EU4

It means they're using the CK2 system where the AI likes or dislikes you for specific reasons. Meaning your crusading won't cause you to gain infamy with everyone on earth in the exact same amount. Catholics will clap for you while Muslims will shun you severely for your efforts, for example.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking a Paradox version of Colonization for real now.

It's historical.
It's not the game we've been waiting for (since it's not a sequel)
It's about trade, leading up to the American revolution
Who leads the country is immensely important - the Founding Fathers bit of Colonization was effectively the tech system.
You don't need to worry about being a bad boy, since killing the natives is no problem.
And growing your empire at home and abroad - growing can reference the actual act of growing tobacco, sugar etc. Empire - well, all European colonies in the Americas were imperial possessions; at home and abroad can refer to the repeated act of trading with Europe; Empire can also refer to trade empires as much as military ones.

Where Johan spent summers as a kid - the most convincing identity for Stone Mountain is Stone Mountain, Georgia. Georgia is one of the thirteen colonies.

I also thought about this, but I'm hoping they include an interesting colonization in EU4 instead making it a stand alone ip.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking a Paradox version of Colonization for real now.

It's historical.
It's not the game we've been waiting for (since it's not a sequel)
It's about trade, leading up to the American revolution
Who leads the country is immensely important - the Founding Fathers bit of Colonization was effectively the tech system.
You don't need to worry about being a bad boy, since killing the natives is no problem.
And growing your empire at home and abroad - growing can reference the actual act of growing tobacco, sugar etc. Empire - well, all European colonies in the Americas were imperial possessions; at home and abroad can refer to the repeated act of trading with Europe; Empire can also refer to trade empires as much as military ones.

Where Johan spent summers as a kid - the most convincing identity for Stone Mountain is Stone Mountain, Georgia. Georgia is one of the thirteen colonies.

I was actually thinking something sort of like this, a smaller time period game. That period does make sense with the hints. I was also thinking of a game focused on America, may or may not have the whole world, but the growth of America up until 1900 or so. But a period with colonization makes more sense, and I don't think they are doing one about the colonization of Africa. One about the first period of colonization, as well as a great trade system.

Naselus makes an interesting point.

Also, given how much of Paradox's sales comes from the USA, this would also make fiscal sense. They may also be using this as an opportunity to test out colonisation mechanics for a later more fleshed out EU4. This along with March of the Eagles and they have two test labs to test ideas for a future EU4.

Watch all of these 'hints' be lies and we get a Dark Ages game tomorrow.

I'm not saying it can't be the Stone Mountain in Georgia but I don't see why it's the most convincing, it's a very generic term there are Stone Mountains it Norway, Spain and Hungary that I know of and there are probably more. Given the fact that most of these hints are designed to keep us guessing I can't believe that Johan meant to give away a precise location.

"You need to grow your empire home and abroad"
-King 6:1
"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal."
-Mark 6:18

The key here is realizing that the game will capture the protagonists two natures. He proselytizes on earth, spreading the good news but the earth is still foreign to him. But the true home is "in my fathers house" in heaven where you must truly build your home and the ranks of the faithful which are your "empire". This is revolutionary not just from a game making perspective but also raises some interesting theological points given what this hint implies about the way the divine-mortal duality will be portrayed through gameplay. All in all this upcoming Jesus simulator should be quite exciting!

The other pieces all make sense now:

"'Project Truman' is a historical grand strategy game developed by Paradox Development Studio." Johan 1:1
-Yes, the grandest strategy at all considering that it concerns prophecies across thousands of years and leads up to an apocalyptic showdown between good and evil.

"Is this the game you have been waiting for?" Regina 2:1
-People have been awaiting the return of Jesus for nearly 2000 years. Who knew that Paradox would be the medium?

"The places where I spent my summer as a small child is on the map." Balor W:1
-Obviously he's talking about Georgia where we are told Jesus visited in the book of Mormon. (The theological plot thickens!)

"You will explore a revolutionary trade system" King 3:1
-"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22. Trading away material goods for eternal life, talk about a revolutionary trading system!

"Who leads your country is immensely important. " Busuchov 4:1
-Watch out for Herod.

"Don´t worry about being a bad boy." Regina 5:1
-Moneylender tables aside, your behavior is bound to be downright divine.

I do hope its not a game about the country of Amerigo Vespucci. I wont be buying it if it is.

I'm gonna be mad if it is Rome 2. We already have AGEOD's new Rome game and Total War Rome 2. Granted, they aren't exactly the same type of games but I don't like Roman era that much....but, congrats to those who do. I wish I liked it more :(

I'm gonna be mad if it is Rome 2. We already have AGEOD's new Rome game and Total War Rome 2. Granted, they aren't exactly the same type of games but I don't like Roman era that much....but, congrats to those who do. I wish I liked it more :(
What's not to like about men wearing sheets, others wearing brushes on their heads, and even others wearing skirts?

And come on, how many other time periods can boast such phallic symbolism as the Macedonians' 21ft-long pikes?

:p :D

If it is EU4 I will give you my first unborn son on the day of his first birthday lolol

or nmaybe name him paradox/or Johann I am German so hmm could work