• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez guys, be patient. Run it on Boot Camp, if you can. Works perfectly fine (of course, since Boot Camp runs Windows natively). I dunno about older OS versions, but I do know that the latest update for OSX 10.7 sped up rebooting into Windows dramatically. I used to never bother rebooting with BC because the wait was so annoying. Now, I can reboot and have my game up and running in less than a minute.

And remember, if you buy the game via Steam for Windows, there is NO CHARGE for the Mac version when it comes out!

Im pretty sure its the same with gg as well.

EDIT: Atleast it better be coz I just plonked down 40 bucks expecting to play it on OSX once the mac version is out...

Last edited:
For me now it's working really as an native app! Only noticeable thing is that Mac is running really hot (and battery drains quickly)? Hope native version won't be so demanding?
So You just need to start installing Steam in the PtT wrapper and then install CK through it. Then change paths in wineskin app and volila - You can play it quite comfortably on a mac!

I just tried it, crashes during the loading of history files. Does it matter if I still have Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Did you try bootcamping? I played EU 3 via bootcamp and it worked reasonably well...

I'm new to this thread and am also interested in the Mac version. My question is will it be the same game, or a close but different game with some features not crossing over. Long time Mac users know what I'm talking about.

My particular need is to play on my laptop in my recliner (in the company of the Queen consort) whilst a chick movie is on in the background. I play the Windows version on my desktop, in my (home) office at a desk in a desk chair... much too isolated to keep the QC's opinion out of the danger zone, and not nearly as comfortable as me throne.

I can, and have at one time or another, used Bootcamp, VirtualPC, and a handful of other virtualizers to run Windows on my Mac. It really isn't a comfortable solution when playing games that have graphics, especially on a laptop. Yes, it can be done. I can also still use my Mac Plus, but I don't because it's just too slow for modernity. Of course, everything is relative, and even slow is better than not... sometimes.

I tried using Remote Desktop to play from the other room, but either Steam or CKII doesn't want to play that way.

I agree with the advice to be patient (says the guy able to play :wacko:). Much better to get a Mac caliber finished product that plays well, than one that is released the Microsoft way, with us end users finding the flaws through experience and use, which to us means a game that doesn't perform as expected, maybe crashing during your first Coronation, maybe not saving key pieces of data that ends up hosing your entire dynasty.

If you're not playing yet, it's an incredibly deep, complex game that is well worth the wait to get right.

It will be the same exact game. Mac and Windows versions will be able to play MP together.

I just tried it, crashes during the loading of history files. Does it matter if I still have Mac OS X 10.5.8?

One thing I'm fairly certain of is there were major graphics drivers/OpenGL changes with 10.6. It's probably not very good to stay on an OS more than a generation old considering this.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is there were major graphics drivers/OpenGL changes with 10.6. It's probably not very good to stay on an OS more than a generation old considering this.

I'll second this, and add that Snow Leopard had a major rework of the core OS frameworks for graphics generally (i.e., not just OpenGL). While I'm not sure exactly how relevant these other core frameworks are to running CKII, I'd definitely recommend an upgrade to at least 10.6.8 (or whatever the last pre-Lion version was), if not Lion itself.

Thanks. I mean I would be i'm also a broke college kid who's not very keen on paying 40$ just for slightly changed OS.
Going back to wine wrapper, my buddy told me the OS shouldn't matter when i'd try to be running the wine wrapper, anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Has any of you been able to install it from steam?? Can't even find it on my list of games when I'm on OS X...

Same. It doesn't even show up under "All Games" for me. I put a support ticket in to Steam about it; if I find out anything, I'll come back with an update.

I am very disappointed by their behavior. In the months before the game was released they told us it was going to be avavailable also for the mac, then they told us it would have followed with a small delay. Then for months they refused to gave us the tiniest little piece of information. Maybe they will release it today or in a week or a month or whetever but for sure I do not think they acted correctly. I am very pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.