• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my current german game:
ragecomic.jpg

PDM eliminates that annoying feature of the AI demanding landlocked territories. In PDM I think you have to either have a border with the state you're claiming, or it has to be coastal.

I've had a Brazilian Transdanubia in one of my games.

Also, they managed to assimilate most of the Germans/Hungarians into Brazilians :eek:

Do you also think the world should shun the Haber process for the production of ammonia which is has revolutionised the production of fertilisers worldwide and is relied upon to produce enough food for global population because Fritz Haber was a nazi.

Just because something starts in a place you don't like doesn't mean its necessarily a bad thing.

I Know i should have expected as much, but in my game as the Ottomans, i spent years fighting on behalf of France against the UK, and Italy against Austria. I didnt white peace out, even when my allies were getting completely wrecked. im the only reason my allies werent completely devastated. Then of course, out of nowhere, the UK declares war...uh-oh, turns out i never really had allies at all. Makes me wish for a sort of "respect-meter"
CAJ16.png

I love the alliance system in EU3. If an ally trusts you completely it says: Trusts you to follow the call against darkness itself."
Which is really badass and should be included in the other languages aswell. :)
but anyways, if allies trust and like you, they will follow your call to arms nearly every single time.
If you are yourself a good ally to them, that is..

I Know i should have expected as much, but in my game as the Ottomans, i spent years fighting on behalf of France against the UK, and Italy against Austria. I didnt white peace out, even when my allies were getting completely wrecked. im the only reason my allies werent completely devastated. Then of course, out of nowhere, the UK declares war...uh-oh, turns out i never really had allies at all. Makes me wish for a sort of "respect-meter"
CAJ16.png

This annoys me too... Though it's quite realistic in a way. I have the feeling that the countries from the game are like a bunch of dogs. They would bite anyone for the slightest egocentric and short-sighted advantage and they would all team up against the weak.

I think the AI decides whether to maintain the alliance based on just its strength versus the enemy rather than the collective strength. Would be nice to see all potential allies do the calculation together so you could get some large coalitions together against a larger opponent.

See first balkan war, I don't think any of them could have done it alone but together beat the Ottomans.

Do you also think the world should shun the Haber process for the production of ammonia which is has revolutionised the production of fertilisers worldwide and is relied upon to produce enough food for global population because Fritz Haber was a NAZI.
On exactly what kind of information do you base this statement?:blink: Haber was in no way a nazi, he surely was a nationalist but he was openly against the anti-jew policies and had to draw his conclusion from the Aryan paragraph for I.G. Farben (his employer). Not to mention that his own family was jewish.:glare:

---
By the way - great, entertaining thread!! ;)

I would cheat when playing germany i would tag switch to some minors make them ad demands they all come back to me on unification anyway a good way to keep austria weak of course watching out not to give the states to very strong minors...one time it wrote big over slovakia "ANHALT"

Status
Not open for further replies.