• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Could someone create an updated map?
Red Cesar, I made a stupid typo in my e-mail, and your inbox is full.
I meant Napoleon III.

Last edited:
Her Majesties Government denies any and all involvement in what can only be described as a get rich quick scheme involving a small group of counterfieters. Furthermore, we thank both the Russian Empire and Grenadine for their cooperation and good business. We are happy with both purchases.

A Letter to Prominent Abolitionists said:
Good Sirs and Madams,

I pen this letter to you in the hopes of dampening some of your fears as to our support of the CSA. To do so, I will explain the logic of Her Majesties Government in regards to our involvement and I shall make clear to you our intentions.

Her Majesties Government does not intend to support slavery by supporting the CSA, by doing so, we are supporting those sacred British beliefs of individual rights and the ability of a people to choose for themselves their course on the world stage. The logic behind our action is as follows; the Empire has only become so abolitionist after several years of enlightenment by heroes such as William Wilberforce, a natural process that gradually turned public opinion towards the end of slavery. The Empire did not have abolition forced upon us through peace, something that would likely have created much bitter feeling between former slaves and the rest of the populace. Furthermore, Her Majesties Government would still be supporting the continuation of slavery if we sided with the Union, as President Lincoln has promised to let slavery continue, as you can see, this means that both sides are pro slavery. Furthermore, Her Majesties Government believes it will be much easier to use our good influences to bring about the end of slavery, something we fully intend to do, should the Americas be uninhabited by large powerful, pro slavery states, which would likely resist us with armed force at the very mention of Abolitionism. Therefore, by supporting the CSA, all Her Majesties Government is supporting is the ideals of individual liberty and freedom, so sacred amongst British culture.

I hope this letter has disuaded and calmed some of your fears and rest assured that I will happily meet you in person so that we may talk over the situation more thoroughly.

Yours,

Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston, Prime Minister of Her Majesties government acting on behalf of Her Imperial Majesty The Queen-Empress Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India

OOC: Heh... not sure I wanted Alaska for £450...

Ah well.

Last edited:
OOC: Your borders now look pretty. That is one plus to the Alaska Purchase.

OOC: Just one step closer to making the Pacific a British lake.

OOC: California shall be mine!

The Panama Canal Project

The Panama Canal Project is a enterprise to be carried out by the Panama Canal Company, involving the creation of a Canal between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans to facilitate trade, speedy circumnavigation of the globe and to return investors money several times over. The Panama Canal Company is currentley 100% owned by Her Majesties Government and at minimum 51% of shares will remain in the hands of Her Majesties Government, to ensure security, freedom of use and profitability of the Canal. Investors are encouraged to purachse shares and should contact the British Government as soon as possible as shares are expected to sell with a haste. Private citizens with Imperial or Grenadine citizenship and companies owned by them or operating primarily out of these 2 nations shall be given a discounted price to shares they purchase. Nations wishing to purchase should consult Lord Russell, Her Majesties Foreign Minister, through means of telegram, letter of scheduled meeting.​

OOC: French reaction to events in Baltimore should be fun. Union just handed them a perfect CB.

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder... Debt exists in this game. The highest debt right now is in Argentina at -225. The pound of no return in this game is around -1500. Don't cross that or your country will fail.

Just a quick reminder... Debt exists in this game. The highest debt right now is in Argentina at -225. The pound of no return in this game is around -1500. Don't cross that or your country will fail.

Are this "debt ceiling" similar for all nations, or depend on how big their nations economy are ?

Are this "debt ceiling" similar for all nations, or depend on how big their nations economy are ?

Good question. I'm still debating on if it should be a fixed number or a changing number based on the size of the economy.

Also, I'm making the map.

OOC: Flexible is probably best, depending on your income. I mean, France can feasibly pay off a debt of 10,000 over a while. Dai Nam would implode with that much.

Also, Frmyo, do you mind RPing the abolitionists so I can discuss with them and stop them being silly?

Sure. Let me grab my breakfast of tea and crumpets, and I shall sit down to be a raging British Abolitionist.

Also, Map

June 1861
1861q2.png

OOC: What is with that little American spot of land in my mainland territory?

US Army advancing down the Mississippi. All of your men are either in California or in Central Virginia. You have NOTHING guarding the Confederate heartland.

OOC: Awesome update :D! The pictures just blended in with your writing.

flahofsweden.png

Kingdom of Sweden would like to extend it's joy to Argentina. Starting conflicts is easy, but ending them is a task that requires true strength of the people. I'm personally worried over the situation in Europe. I hope that all sides are able to find a common ground and prevent this situation from escalating. Also my personal hopes go to the North-American continent in the hopes that both sides in the American civil-war will reach a peaceful solution.

Kindgom of Sweden is a nation that prides itself with it's non-interventionist foreign policy. I still feel it to be my duty however to warn Francis Joseph I. People do not usually forget promises broken.

Sweden-Norway prides itself as the nation ahead. Our policy of free-trade and freedom for the people trough individualistic thinking is reaching a new level. As of this day, by the order of the king and swedish parliament, the national bank of Sweden is forbidden to control money. On top of our policy of decreasing the size of government and the tax burden it places on it's people, money shall no longer be a tool for the government to manipulate. Future taxes will be collected in gold, which has been the basis of our currency thus far.

In order to ease the national transition to a system of people's currencies, government will be giving it's surpluses back to the people for the next two years.

A Letter from Henry Peter Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux, to Her Majesty's Government

I pen this letter from my small home in Cannes, France - and I am writing this letter on behalf of being one of the last surviving original members of the Anti-Slavery Society. I have been asked to present the Abolitionist Argument to Her Majesty's Government, and to lay out our case for why we will continue to withdraw investments in the British Government, and why the people will soon begin to be in an uproar for any intervention inside the Slaveholder's Rebellion.

Firstly, we MUST, as well schooled Britons, look to the book, Uncle Tom's Cabin. It is without a doubt that this book shows the cruel and harsh reality of slavery in the southern United States. It shows the will and the influence of the terrible slave masters and the slave drivers. It should not be unknown to Her Majesty's Government that the Southern United States is dominated by a feudal, aristocratic society, similar to the one in Britain. Keeping that in mind, who holds all the power? The Aristocracy. What shall happen, say the nation of Austria decided to establish friendly ties with Britain and asks us to legalize slavery once again? What will our reaction be? An emphatic no. This is the same situation that will happen in the Slaveholder's Rebellion! We shall spend our blood and treasure and even more importantly, use up the moral treasure this Empire has claimed so rapidly, all so we can aide a group of Slaveholders who will refuse to give up their Slaves! It says NOWHERE in this rebel Constitution for any time of slaves being free, in fact, a recent speech by the Rebel Vice-Leader, Alexander Stephens, enforced the idea that the very basis of the Rebellion was the enslavement of the Negro people! I REFUSE to support a government over the British Isles that supports such a monstrosity.

By claiming such a fallacious idea that President Lincoln supports slavery, I fear for the future of the British Government. President Lincoln is not an ardent abolitionist, he is a lawyer and a realist. He understands that Slavery is part of the American Law Code, so he has to ensure its continued existence. However, him and his Glorious Republican Party believe in stopping the expansion of slavery, keeping it confined to the lawlessness and savagery of the South. Only then can they nursed off their vile addiction to Negro slavery. A win for the United States of America is a win for abolitionism everywhere. A win for the rebels is nothing but the establishment of a Slave Kingdom in North America.

The Russian Empire support the notions of a Germany that excludes Prussia and Austria. The Prussian and Austrian have proved that they are unstable through their warmongering threats and their inablity to satisfy their people's needs. We furthermore think that a "Smaller Germany" would be able to preserve an equal balnce of power in Central Europe, one that would be disturbed should Prussia or Austria be the basis of Germany.

We support the notions of a Germany which excludes Prussia and Austria, as they are both power hungry warmongers.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

We thank the kind words from Russia and the Confederates. We only wish to create a peaceful German state, built upon the foundations of unity and freedom. We will cooperate, work and trade with both Austria and Prussia, should they wish. We already have a very successful relationship with Austria. However we will no longer be puppets and we will no longer be ignored.

Prussia.jpg

We, in Prussia, have the largest economy of the German states and the finest land army in the world, we are the only ones who can lead a Germany that can defend herself. Bavaria should join us, a strong Germany could happen should Bavaria and other states submit to Prussia.

OOC: Wait, so all 4 of my orders failed?! Even the treaty?! How?! I don't feel like playing this game anymore if all of your orders can fail even the most simplest of kinds.