• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried the demo last night, and must say that I did enjoy it. Although I must ask. Is the firing of flare automatic or do they need to be triggered? If so, how?

Superb. Probably as much as I am enjoying playing the game. Roll on the weekend!

Raaritsgozilla: Countermeasures (flare, chaff, antitorp) are wholly automatic.
2Coats: Great AAR! Very exciting.

Thanks. Glad your enjoying it, even if its a basic scenario. Today is the last official post... but I will look to continue the AAR when I get the time to try out some of the other scenarios! One with more seaborne actions.

Standby! .... Standby!

10 – End Game

Where did they come from? The two enemy Typhoons just launched from the enemy's airport eat up the miles and are soon within missile range of RED group's SU27-SM's. The enemy jets send a couple of AIM's towards our two warplanes. Even through they are heading back to base they will not be able to outrun the threat before it catches up to them. With bingo fuel level of sixty-five percent, they do not have any room to maneuver. Though perhaps the jets from BLACK group may reach their attack position in time to alter the balance of this particular engagement.

nwacaar35.png

To the north, YELLOW group targets a second suspected spy ship and prepares to launch another salvo of anti-ship missile. They retain ten out of twelve of these armaments, and have only eaten through nineteen percent of their fuel. They have more than enough resources to complete the mission. Though we must continue to be wary of the threat posed by the Fridjot Nansen ship. Her crew have not launched any countermeasures, but they still may. BLACK group, the 2x SU27-SMs on the other air superiority mission, continues to speed its way to their new patrol point. Will they get there in time to engage the Typhoon fighter jets?

nwacaar37.png

RED group's jets get a fuel warning, that they have reached the limit of their air-time and must return to Olanya Airbase. They do this automatically, ceasing any other flight orders they may have queued. The shower of missle launched by YELLOW group continue on their trajectories towards the suspected enemy spy ships. More than enough to see the job done.

nwacaar38.png

YELLOW group continues to fly at very close to sea level to avoid any potential threats from the enemy ship. Even though it will be in visual range very soon. Perhaps it is time to consider recalling these jets home. Afterall, with no apparent countermeasures the four missiles inbound should make mincemeat of the targets.

nwacaar39.png

Twenty-six minutes into the encounter and the first mission objective is about to be lit up.

nwacaar40.png

BOOM!!!! Spectacular every time I see it! Lol. <Remember protocol captain. No laughing on an open channel! ;)>

nwacaar41.png

One of the two remaining missiles now inbound towards our second mission target, closes in on its target. You can just make out the silhouette of the enemy boat in the distance.

nwacaar42.png

BLAM!!! That's it! Game over!!

nwacaar43.png

Thar she goes...

nwacaar44.png

Mission #1 is complete. It was a success!

nwacaar45.png

Time to break out the vodka. Or milk if you're a land-lubber!

More to follow....???

Maybe!?!

Stay tuned to see if N.A.T.O gets its revenge in Mission #2.

Last edited:
Great job! Would really like to see an AAR on mission #2 as well. That can get a bit tricky, if I remember correctly.

Thanks. I aim to start something over the weekend. Sorry for the late reply.... been rather busy catching up. Ill start on scenario 2, but the format may be a little different than before! ;)

No worries, 2Coats. When you have the time for it! Always a welcome read.

Well I tried to beat the 2nd mission twice on HARD. And failed both times.... lol. One of them was because I mistook a neutral mark as a bogey and flipped the switch!

Man Im not so good at this game! Im off to try once more! If I cant win this time, Ill post an AAR of my first FAIL! Its epic! lol

Yeah, that mission is very hard. It's a bit easier after the patch since Russian AA missiles now have longer range.

You're kidding right!?! :D

Ive played this twice now on normal and always manage to get my fixed wing units (4) shot down before my choppers get anywhere near the platform. Though incredibly enough I managed to hit the Fridjot Nansen... :)

I think Ill have to try a totally different strategy!

EDIT:
Whichever method I use NATO wins! :(
I can never discover the airplanes in time to knock them out.
1st phase is usually okay and I can take out about 2 sets of airplanes.
I can then launch a naval strike at the Fridjodt Nansen.
But then all my patrols get attacked simultaneously. First goes the recon plane and then my patrols! :(

Even if I run silent with no active radar, I get pummelled because NATO has so many radar sources to use they see me before I see them everytime.

Final try tomorrow morning. Im going to see ALL my airplanes to use ACTIVE radar and see if I can spot whatever they throw at me before they can fire!

---- If you havent guessed, Im enjoying this challenge! ;)

Last edited:
You're kidding right!?! :D

Ive played this twice now on normal and always manage to get my fixed wing units (4) shot down before my choppers get anywhere near the platform. Though incredibly enough I managed to hit the Fridjot Nansen... :)

I think Ill have to try a totally different strategy!

EDIT:
Whichever method I use NATO wins! :(
I can never discover the airplanes in time to knock them out.
1st phase is usually okay and I can take out about 2 sets of airplanes.
I can then launch a naval strike at the Fridjodt Nansen.
But then all my patrols get attacked simultaneously. First goes the recon plane and then my patrols! :(

Even if I run silent with no active radar, I get pummelled because NATO has so many radar sources to use they see me before I see them everytime.

Final try tomorrow morning. Im going to see ALL my airplanes to use ACTIVE radar and see if I can spot whatever they throw at me before they can fire!

---- If you havent guessed, Im enjoying this challenge! ;)

Trust me, active radar is definitely not the answer. NATO aircraft have the advantage over Russian because of better sensors and being more high tech in general. When you flip your radar on you're notifying everyone around of your exact position. You might try to draw out the enemy like this, but because they have AMRAAMs they're liable to get shots off at your planes before you even detect them. You can usually expect to take high air casualties, especially in scenarios like this where you're up against large numbers of F-35s.

I won this by basically just keeping the heat on around the NATO air base, trying to pin down their resources and keep them from getting out over the sea too far, constant aggressive CAPs at low altitude to take out as many of their planes as you can and keep them on the defensive. You're going to lose planes, but just make sure the loss counts for something. While they're distracted you're free to hit the frigate and their other naval assets. I never actually had to worry about my chopper at all. Once the Nansen is sunk you can flip on active radar on your frigate to make sure the way is clear, and keeping it at super low altitude should prevent much from detecting it.