• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gul Brown said:
underneath the floorboards were LOTS of LARGE rocks.
From what I've heard you pull up ANYTHING in Scotland and underneath are lots of large rocks :rofl:

noobermenschen said:
Bah. Occupy enough German cores and you wreck their TC (Don't the Red Army divisions in Germany rely on German TC as well??).

Good to have you back Gul :cool: Outstanding updates!

Im hoping that the Fall of Berlin will have an effect on them! Glad you are enjoying the AAR, thanks for reading :)

you could stop at danzig and maybe do a landing at leningrad and drive straight for moscow

Thats actually a very interesting proposition, hmm. If Moscow were to be very heavily defended it may go wrong though. I will think of that though.

From what I've heard you pull up ANYTHING in Scotland and underneath are lots of large rocks :rofl:

Two large skips full of solid rocks. That was some workout i can assure you :p

Time: Unknown

Voice 1- Sir, Britain has continued her advance into Germany! According to our knowledge of the period the Allies now control the majority of key provinces on Earth! Sir, if we fail we only have two more attempts at this and…and

Voice 2- What? And what? I have told you before the situation is completely under control, need I remind you that the British are the only ones fighting this war? They have momentum on their side. Once the Communist fools regroup they will smash the pitiful invasion force in Germany then the tide will turn.

Voice 1- And what of the rest of the Allies? France has an army that continues to grow if-

Voice2 -If what? The French are perfectly content to suck their thumbs behind their useless maginot line and their ludicrous hopes that it will protect them. Britain is outnumbered at least four to one, they cannot hope to hang on.

Voice1- Of course….you are right sir, I was just shocked to see Britain make such unexpected advances…

Voice2- You are not required to think about the situation, only follow orders….we wont have to do this again. Victory will be ours.

Oooooohhhh!

Last we heard USA was starting to wear Canada down, and I think Japan as usual was bogged in China. Italy was of course annexed by Germany.

Burn In The Light

After spending a short period of time in dock recovering from some skirmishes with enemyy ships our undefeated submarines were sent back out under the waves, ordered to destroy any hostile vessel encountered.

Soon though, more interesting things begun to happen.....

The Invasion of Potsdam​

In our drive toward Berlin we initiated our plan to capture the famous city, to take Berlin we would launch a simultaneous assault from both Potsdam and Stralsund, however both these provinces would have to be captured first.

The Invasion of Potsdam Began at 20:00 on March 26th

We Have Secured Potsdam

With Potsdam now secure our next target is to be Stralsund...then our assault on Berlin will commence. Berlin is not as heavily defended as we expected and even with the arrival of the retreating troops from Potsdamn we still feel it is within our possibilities to claim the historic city. There can be no doubt that the capture of Berlin will send a clear message to all those who wish to destroy Democracy and to those who are fighting valiantly against the aggressors. The capture of Berlin very well could be our finest hour, although it shall not come easily.

Wenis said:
Oooooohhhh!

Indeed

guess the axis are content to just bide their time?

This AAR is FAR from over

Last we heard USA was starting to wear Canada down, and I think Japan as usual was bogged in China. Italy was of course annexed by Germany.

true noobermenschen, i was going to post some screens of it in my last update but decided to save it for the next one.

Woot in Europe! But is that Japanese Forty Three wings bombing Hong Kong? 43?! It's damned ridiculous frankly and bodes ill for operations in the Far East.....

whoa 43 planes bombing hongkong? did the japanese assign all their planes to bomb that one prov or something... :wacko: or is it a port bombing?

They keep bombing a little fleet that is docked over there. :wacko:

Achtung!

The Communists have definently realized our plan to capture Berlin and have responded accordingly, placing numerous divisions of Soviet and German troops in Berlin and her surrounding provinces. If we wish to break this hold on the German capital we will have to wait for our divisions that are currently being formed in Britain and ship them to Germany. In the current climate even this is a problem as the bulk of our surface fleet and transport fleet are still based in the south of Italy and will have to make the treacherous journey back to Britain however our new submarine fleets will make this much easier. We also intend to ship more troops to Italy to finally alow us to stage a breakout in Italy however our most immediate concern is Germany and we will ship troops to there first. We recently launched a probing attack into Palermo and we were faced with six divisions, we retreated and will have to wait for reinforcements. Perhaps an amphibious invasion would be an option?

Also Japan are still holding out against the Communists and this benefits us however they are spreading into Australian held territory and this is a concern. A far more worrying situation is the seemingly imminent demise of our Canadian Allies- this would be awful as we will lose one of our most powerful Allies and the United States will gain yet more resources, allowing them even more capacity for production. The most infuriating thing about this situation is that we are helpless to do anything to aid our Allies.

Also, we are grateful that our New Zealand Allies have shipped troops to Persia to help hold the line against the Communists.

The Situation in Canada Looks Bleak

Japan Spreads

Panzer!​

We have tried to continue our advance in Germany despite our halt in our drive to Berlin. Our next target was Frankfurt-am-Main and we launched an invasion with our motorized troops based in Kassel [supported by troops in Schweinfurt] and were rewared with a glorious victory.

The Invasion of Frankfurt-am-Main

However this was only the start of furious fighting for the province and we very nearly lost the province due to repeated counterattacks by German troops including the infamous Heinz Guderian, despite this we have managed to hold the province.

Heinz Guderian Attempts to Force our Troops out of Germany

After this success we waited for our troops to reorganize and then we attempted a daring invasion of fortified Saarbrucken, it was daring and ultimately futile as the numerous divisions there and addition of fortifications proved to much to break down and we were forced to withdraw. This is a big problem for us, if we can break the German defenses along the French border France may be persuaded to allow her troops to cross into British held Germany and reinforce our small number of battlehardened troops. Actually doing this though will be difficult as we have slowed down our advance in all areas of Germany and now the Communists seem like they may be containing us, if we cannot keep our momentum going and the Communists regroup their sheer weight of numbers may slowly push as back and our efforts will have been in vain. Once we can ship more troops over to Germany perhaps this will help us regain our momentum.

The Current Situation

lifeless said:
ahh guderian! next step stuttgart and the encirclement!? :D

:D

I will have to keep an eye on him, thats for sure!

Oh also just to let you all know i have started work on a chapter list in my original post! Take a look and tell me what you think :)

You should send troops to save Canada.

GeneralHannibal said:
You should send troops to save Canada.
If he wants to save Canada he should send them to the US East Coast... :D

I would LIKE to save Canada but with what? I have new divisions being made however they are needed in Germany. My hands are tied right now, Canada may have to be sacrificed...although then America will become even more powerful.

What a situation

A Forced Bond

We have breaking news from the Communists! They have, in a bizzarre turn of events declared war on both Denmark and Norway! In reply these two nations have signed a formal Millitary Alliance with each other and will stand together beside the Allies in defiance of the Communists. Obviously it is now our objective to convince these nations to join the Allies officialy instead of fighting alone together, we are confident we can succeed in this goal and for now we are delighted that a further two European nations have decided to stand against the threat that faces us whether they were forced into it or not.

Sadly the Communists still have not declared war on the Netherlands and Belgium however after this display of arrogance perhaps that wont be too far off?

The Communists Have Declared War on Both Denmark and Norway! Forcing an Alliance of the two Countries!

The two Nations Forge an Alliance While Montgomery is Almost Ready for Assignment

Troop Allocation​

We have two armies that are almost ready to be deployed and we have decided what we will do with them. The vessels in the south of Italy have been recalled in order to provide transport, the three infantry divisions in London will be sent to Germany to provide further support for our armies there while Montgomery will have a vital mission to undertake. His three motorized divisions will be sent to Catania tasked with eliminating the six divisions based in Palermo. If this can be achieved we will then regroup and launch our attack on the ever decreasing forces in Italy that have had us locked in stalemate for so long. If Montgomery can give us a vital victory in the south then we may be able to claim Rome for the Allies and with it a key victory in this war.

British Vessels Returning Home to Commence with Transport of Troops to the Fronts. Also can be Seen is the Empty Beach at Catania Along With the Three Divisions in Reggio Di Calabria

One Last Charge​

Our submarines continue to prove their worth with a victory over an American fleet despite being badly outnumbered. Our second fleet of our submarines is almost ready and this should continue to keep the Royal Navy dominant and our shores safe.

Further Victory for our Submarines

Our best bit of news though came through our patience, we watched as the Germans reshuffled their troops and left Saarbrucken badly defended- we decided this was the perfect time to launch our second attack on the province. Defeat would set us back days and effect morale, victory would give us a fortified province [thus freeing some divisions to move elsewhere] and most importantly a link to France.

We were victorious.

Our Forces Engaging the Troops in Saarbrucken

Victory!

Our men only have to reach the province and it should be secure. The fortifications should aid us in keeping the province despite the large number of nearby German troops. We have five divisions [two armies] racing toward Saarbrucken, one of the armies is one of our quick motorized armies [three divisions of motorized troops] and we are confident they will not only reach the city but defend it well.

In a worrying turn of events the Soviets seem to have turned their attentions to our Persian Allies and they launched a successful attack against Rasht. We cannot afford to let Persia fall as this would give the Soviets access to Africa and India- a worstcase scenario no doubt. We will continue to monitor this situation very closely.

Defeat for a Combined Persian/Iraqi Army Against Soviet Troops in Rasht

What of Afghanistan?