• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seriously? Paradox has a very good track record when it comes to preorder bonuses, patch content, DLCs and expansions and still you guys complain... Jeeze, you just can't please some people no matter how what you do. Save the whinging for those companies who actually do screw you over with their extra content.

Note: this wasn't directed at the quoted poster, but to those who always seem to come out of the woodwork whenever an expansion or DLC is being announced by Paradox. Haven't they done enough right for you to realize that they're not out to screw you?

yeah, some people will always whine. take a look at the minecarftforums the moment a new snapshot comes out. hudnreds of posts whining about new features. and if there are no new features, everyone whines about there not ebing new features. i personally dont hate expansions ect. as logn as they are fair(heck, i love fair expansions). this one seems quite fair to me. sure, ruler designer may have been a tad less nice then expected, but the amount of content in and rate of patches easly beats this minor annoyance. will surely buy it the moment it comes out, or maybe a week or so later if school isnt finished by then. sucks though that within a week or two after release im on a 2 week vacation. im not going to like those 2 weeks without CK2. i really need to buy a gaming or at least decent laptop to replace my current crappy notebook that lags with running firefox and word at the same time.

Is it being an expansion mean it will have a page on GG and will be bought with money not blue coins?

The Fatimid Caliphate might be the k_fatimids or however you spell it with an is-caliphate modifier or something that makes it like an anti-pope sorta thing?
But if it is by dynasty name, then that would be awesome but potentially confusing as the same dynasty could rise to both. But dynamically name-changing titles would be brilliant.

One thing, will the Capitals for the Califs still be Mecca instead of Cairo or Baghdad, as that always lead to weird results in the current game with the capitol moving to some random one barony province instead of staying in the rich and powerful province that historically they remained in the whole time.

Is it being an expansion mean it will have a page on GG and will be bought with money not blue coins?

The Fatimid Caliphate might be the k_fatimids or however you spell it with an is-caliphate modifier or something that makes it like an anti-pope sorta thing?
But if it is by dynasty name, then that would be awesome but potentially confusing as the same dynasty could rise to both. But dynamically name-changing titles would be brilliant.

One thing, will the Capitals for the Califs still be Mecca instead of Cairo or Baghdad, as that always lead to weird results in the current game with the capitol moving to some random one barony province instead of staying in the rich and powerful province that historically they remained in the whole time.

Why would the caliphates be based in Mecca when neither of them were ever based in Mecca? The Fatimids were in Cairo from the late 900s to the late 1100s and the Abbasids were based in Baghdad for almost 400 years from 892 to 1258. And actually during the time period the game starts Baghdad was one of the most important cities in that part of the world, so the question is; why would anyone want the Caliph to be in Mecca when that would go completely against the historical truths of the start date?

Oh excellent, even more options to play as. And well fleshed out, too, excellent! I am going to buy it, no doubt. And the expansion of the map into Mali... haha, it's actually being done by people who know what they're doing rather than some weird modder (who is me)! Wanted that for some time!

I suppose mods for games with Sword of Islam will be incompatible with vanilla mods, though? Would hate for my other mod to be excluded from those who don't want to play Muslim. I guess it depends on how much stuff gets exported to namespaces/folders. SoI probably won't change the map since that's being done in a simultaneous patch, kind of pointless to release two different maps... I could always try to maintain two versions of my mod, I suppose.

Hopefully there is a lot of beta testing going on in this release. I'm super excited to give PI more money and to invest more time in this game but I'd rather do it without 25 hotfixes spread out over a month or two and having to decide whether or not to continue or multiplayer session based on whatever game breaking bug is currently present like with the last fiasco.

Hopefully there is a lot of beta testing going on in this release. I'm super excited to give PI more money and to invest more time in this game but I'd rather do it without 25 hotfixes spread out over a month or two and having to decide whether or not to continue or multiplayer session based on whatever game breaking bug is currently present like with the last fiasco.
Hence the three-four week QA period, presumably. They're going to test everything thoroughly.

Pure awesomeness! I didn't think you'd go for muslim expansion already, very very cool!

Why would the caliphates be based in Mecca when neither of them were ever based in Mecca? The Fatimids were in Cairo from the late 900s to the late 1100s and the Abbasids were based in Baghdad for almost 400 years from 892 to 1258. And actually during the time period the game starts Baghdad was one of the most important cities in that part of the world, so the question is; why would anyone want the Caliph to be in Mecca when that would go completely against the historical truths of the start date?

Exactly!!! Its never really mattered so much as they werent playable, although its a tweak i generally made early on. But with moslems as the focus of this expansion the Califs staying somewhere reasonable is brought into the centre so having them have historical and logical capitols really should be among the changes.

I will never play a muslim so I hope the other features are worthwhile.

If you don´t want to play as Muslims you don´t have to buy the expansion. If I have understood things correctly everything will be included in the 1.06 patch EXCEPT the ability for players to play as muslim nations.

Exactly!!! Its never really mattered so much as they werent playable, although its a tweak i generally made early on. But with moslems as the focus of this expansion the Califs staying somewhere reasonable is brought into the centre so having them have historical and logical capitols really should be among the changes.

I guess I didn't understand what you were saying then Orinsul lol...I thought you were saying they should be based in Mecca. I thought they were always based out of their proper capitals at the beginning of the game though. I mean everything does change once the game begins. But perhaps some way to make it so Kingdoms and/or Empires have a Capital Province so to say that whoever becomes ruler gets those provinces as well, but with demesne limit that would more then likely upset peoples.

Like I said I think I misunderstood what you were saying and probably should go back and check where the Abbasids are located. Could have sworn they were in Baghdad though but I may be wrong where they are placed in game.

I spent twenty dollars today on a Monster, two cokes, a box of cereal, and a gas station sandwich. Not only is that more expensive and worse for my health than a DLC, I can assure you it was nowhere near as satisfying as creating Lucius Cornelius Sulla and making him take over the Duchy of Gwenedd against staunch opposition. I see video games as eating out; if you can't afford to tip the waitress, you have no business eating in a restaurant because you're clearly destitute. If you can't afford a ten-dollar DLC, don't buy it. No one owes it to you. I foresaw this crap and tried to explain why it was crap in the first or second page, but then I was pleasantly surprised for a while to see a positive, adult reaction. But, of course, this being the internet, nothing gold can stay.

If you're curious about Sulla's stats, here you go. I based this off Collleen McCullough's books, in which he was my favorite character, rather than off any actual historical data. But I love him just the same, so much that I let him start his career before his thirties.

lucy.jpg

If you actually know what all those attributes are, you are playing exactly the right amount of CK2. This might've been off topic, but I think it's more fun than whinging about people not working for free.