• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still think if you attack somewhere with a seizable stack the window will be overcrowded with division names included, even with separate columns.
It's not even useful information, because the names will often be in languages you don't speak anyway.
How many of the divisions are infantry, artillery, armor and so on would be more interesting to know (for those of us who don't get counters).

Nah, it makes sense as it is. Red is the colour of danger after all and the enemy's atacks are more dangerous to you than your own.

It makes sense enough, but it could get annoying seeing as how red arrows are for attacks and green for non-attacks, and then having red counters for defense instead of attacks. As long as its consistent I think it's fine.

Great DD devs, all the new features look really nice.

I just wanted to throw this out there, since we are using the colors red and green for everything, attacks defend progress etc...

I'm not one of them but I know there are people that red/green color blind. It can be difficult to see things/tell things apart, telling apart different shades of grey.

using this ewbpage, you can send it webpages and see what things look like to a person that red/green colorblind and converts it to what they see.

http://colorfilter.wickline.org/

When your designing stuff thinking about the shape of stuff, to help this issue.

I Agree on the split column.
If you select a moving unit, you will see the movement arrows coloured depending on what type of movement it has. A normal movement is a green arrow, while a red arrow indicates an attack. A retreat is a grey arrow, while a strategic redeployment is a cyan arrow.
Has strategic redeploment been changed, is there no redeployment pool any more?

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

For illustration, it could look something like this>>
2eygi1t.jpg

P'dox should listen to him:D He is wise :D
Other than that I can only say I can't wait for this game. :D

If WWII leaders could've chance to see this game, they would give up figting, and play it. WWII leaders didn't have a chance to play hoi and i bet didn't have that much fun at wars. :D I believe game is going to be very easy to handle, already been a realist game and graphics are awesome.

If you select a moving unit, you will see the movement arrows coloured depending on what type of movement it has. A normal movement is a green arrow, while a red arrow indicates an attack. A retreat is a grey arrow, while a strategic redeployment is a cyan arrow.
beta_may20_3.jpg

Sooo, then what does the big blue arrow mean? :)

Also, the split column view is much easier to read.

But, all in all, these features are excellent. Well done, Paradox!

I just wanted to throw this out there, since we are using the colors red and green for everything, attacks defend progress etc...

I'm not one of them but I know there are people that red/green color blind. It can be difficult to see things/tell things apart, telling apart different shades of grey.

using this ewbpage, you can send it webpages and see what things look like to a person that red/green colorblind and converts it to what they see.

http://colorfilter.wickline.org/

When your designing stuff thinking about the shape of stuff, to help this issue.

Hm, perhaps a function could be added to modify the used coulours for the different arrows, counters, etc? Perhaps it would be even able to include coulour-blind friendly skins?

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

2eygi1t.jpg

instead of the Johan's>>
beta_may20_9.jpg

Much better, think about it you know its good.:)

OK, no big news, but I suppose they save this for the E3.
But all this small, well elaborated helpers are that what sets "i could take a bite from my keyboard"-games apart from "gosh, that's deep, and still I can handle everything"-games when its come to complexity and difficulty.

Tumbs up Paradox. :):)

2eygi1t.jpg

I agree, much clearer :)

instead of the Johan's>>

One big question to either of those windows is what happens when the window is too small to display all of the units needed? Will it scroll or just vanish at the bottom of the screen like the list of ships sunk could in HOI2?

Oh - and showing units in strategic redeployment on screen will hopefully mean I can re-direct them en route if need be to counter/exploit a breakthrough

Despite being the third in the series, this is turning out to be a landmark release.

Kudos! Keep up the good work, as with many titles past, you'll be having my money soon as it hits the shelves :D

What's the saying .... Third Time's A Charm. :)

This is truly living up to that.

beta_may20_3.jpg

What about something like railroad tracks to represent strategic momevement, obiously better than my quick try :D

rail.jpg