• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Do you have a heart of iron & a will of steel?

Spies! Leaders! Naval landings!
Do you want the chance to lead your nation through World War II, the largest conflict in world history, before anyone else?
Then enter this contest for 10 exclusive beta spots in Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour and take command!
Winners will also receive the complete Hearts of Iron pack (II, III and expansions) or a game of their choice from Paradox Development Studio.

Detailed espionage will let players green-light covert operations, while their military commanders will gain traits and, with them, personalities.
Naval landings can now be planned with specialized assault craft. But this is just the start - we've also got new elite units for each nation (Rangers! Gurkhas!)
Plus, a new game mode letting players start with a clean slate and drop straight into the business of producing units and technology.
Simulations are great and all, but we appreciate that sometimes, you just want to run a war.

Contest rules:
1. Describe your best moment from any game or expansion in the Hearts of Iron series and explain why this moment has left a strong impression on your heart of iron.
Feel free to include screenshots from your play session! :)
2. Post your testimonial for Hearts of Iron as a new post in the AAR forums here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?435-HoI3-After-Action-Reports-(AAR)
3. And post a link to your AAR in this tread!

For inspiration, read all Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour development diaries here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?626339-Their-Finest-Hour-–-Developer-Diaries

We look forward to reading about your Hearts of Iron experiences!

The contest is now closed and the winners are announced here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nest-Hour!&p=14304870&viewfull=1#post14304870

The winners will be contacted this week!

Cheers,
Regina

HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_13.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_8.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_1.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_14.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_9.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_5.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_10.jpgHeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_6.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo...

Edit;

@Regina - I was keeping it short and sweet...

Last edited:
and what were you doing in HOI when you felt that? ;)

When I found out that the game runs without some bugs and exploits!

No, seriously, I never felt like "woohoo", HoI3 either gives me a long, satisfying streak or I´m just in a "bad streak" and unhappy how my empire is big...

Recently, I´ve taken over Italy as Greece, somebody would maybe said it´s a huge success, but I´m not feeling like that because of my feeling, how my territory is "terrifyingly" big...;)

My Greek AAR

Last edited:
Hello Regina,

Good news, thanks :).

Did you write a new Dev diary today ? I can't wait each thursday for it ^^

EDIT : I just saw it. Sorry

There is a limit of post/words to one player? I can wrote a book with plenty of screenshots to show my best moments when playing HoI 2 or 3:)

When I first conquered the US with Japan in vanilla 1.04, and realized this game is fun after all, regardless of the riots in the forum.

When I first conquered the US with Japan in vanilla 1.04, and realized this game is fun after all, regardless of the riots in the forum.
Something similar for me, when I played the Demo before game was released and took over half the USA before time was up :)

(For those that don't know the Demo was a normal Sept 1:st 1939 campaign as Germany with 4 month time limit).

There is a limit of post/words to one player? I can wrote a book with plenty of screenshots to show my best moments when playing HoI 2 or 3:)

We didn´t say a limit, you can basically write as short or long as you want!
But don´t feel that you have to write a book, we simply want to hear your best memories and those moments that really made an impact on you! :)

Yeah... can we cite past AARs for this? Or show the sheer amount of GoogleSpreadsheets we have set up for our next AAR?

Considering some of the great AAR's that I've read I don't stand a snowball chance in hell.

Considering some of the great AAR's that I've read I don't stand a snowball chance in hell.

I definitly think you stand a chance!
We are after that magic moment and experience that YOU have had in a Hearts of Iron game.
We want to know what moment it was and why it was special.
It doesn´t have to be indepth and detailed, as long as you describe why that moment has stayed in your memory!

Who's on the jury?

The most memorable moment for me was when I run the 'World in Flames' mod for HoI2 for the first time.
Strange, I know :)

This mod used to start with Roosevelt's 'Day of Infamy' speech than switched to Hitler and later to Churchill with superb music playing in the background.
It was totally and utterly awesome.

I might as well give this a shot too. this is a rather lucky coincidence. I just had the best game of my life. Playing FTM with the latest black ICE mod, I had a fun and interesting game as Japan. It felt like I was sucked into the game. The Immersion and the detail of the game is just wonderful.

I think Japan is one of the most fun countries to play. Here you can attack who you want and were you want. And it's really fun to make plans and actually accomplish those plans. It gives you a satisfied feeling when you see whole of Asia turn into your color. To see your tanks rolling across the US mainland and the large territories of of the SU. I really loved every minute of the game. I had to constantly keep an eye on my techs and my forces. Sometimes I had to sacrifice the one or the other. which led to some tense situations at some points. The AI was a real challenge in this game, it didn't give up without a fierce fight. I still won, but I didn't get it for free. Which is why this game, was my WAUW game out of all games I have ever played.

I made an AAR about this just for this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?628159-Japanese-AAR-pacific-domination&p=14261894#post14261894