• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: French cannons vs steel bore krupp artillery. We'll see who wins. :p

I don't think the Brazilians imported Krupp artillery.

OOC: French cannons vs steel bore krupp artillery. We'll see who wins. :p
OOC: You didn't have those in the early 1860's. Need more time to actually reach that as fighting more doesn't mean you suddenly get far far more weapons than originally produced.. ;)

OOC: I do mate in this timeline, Paris shook under their might. :p
OOC: Having a handful for the biggest battle you had is not the same as enough to export across the ocean buddy. ;)

OOC: Will this escalate into another World war? I think so.

OOC: What'dya mean, France and Germany are buddies now, right Jacob?
OOC: I have no beef with someone not limiting my armed forces nor occupying my lands.

OOC: Will this escalate into another World war? I think so.
OOC: Doubtful. Germany would lose a lot of stability by invading France to help Brazil out in some wacky beyond indirect manner a year after making peace and my army is not quite ready to march on Berlin yet. Need better boots and shoes.

Today is a good day for the Dutch Empire, as today is the day that denounce slavery as the biggest evil of our age. As from today, slavery is officially outlawed in every Dutch town and colony. Any male or female born in the Dutch colony or in the Dutch EZ in Arabia will now be an official Dutch citizen and be treated as such.

Our continued support of the CSA now rests on President Lee's commitment to end slavery in his country. We also warn President Lincoln that any attempt to stop Dutch ships entering CSA ports will be met by Dutch ships firing on the Blockading ships.

Finally, we call on the British government to grant independence to the Catholic Irish while at the same time they defend the rights of the Protestant North

We also warn President Lincoln that any attempt to stop Dutch ships entering CSA ports will be met by Dutch ships firing on the Blockading ships.

Lincoln reminds the Dutch that the USN will soon dwarf it's Dutch counterpart.

OOC: Anyway, there shouldn't be many southern ports left in a turn or two.

-Tariffs will be lowered between the 2 nations, promoting trade.
-France sends military advisors to Argentina, to improve the army and navy organization, with the most modern doctrines developed in the great European conflict.
-France acquires right to use Argentinean harbors of Mar del Plata and Buenos Aires, stationing warships and using them as bases of operations and supplies
-French experts will advise on the best organizations of railways and factories in Argentina, improving its efficiency.
[X] Napoleon III, Emperor of the Second French Empire
[X] Bartolomé Mitre, President of the Argentine Confederation

The Empire of Japan would like to lighten up relations between our country and France. As such we offer a trade agreement with France, lowering tariffs for both countries. This is a gesture of good will on our part and we hope the French will reply in kind.

[X] Emperor Meiji of Japan
[X] France

These treaties further globalize French trade. Our merchant ships are spreading across the globe bringing in new goods and expanded trade helps increase the flow of ideas and people as well. We look forward to working on a treaty with the Austrians shortly from now as the diplomatic corps wraps up these treaties and can refocus elsewhere. We have no desire to shun the Brazilians and would understand if they decide against talks with us during their war. It is my hope that their long term goals will refuse to allow them to shut down forever talks of increased trade with France. The timing of this new conflict is doubly tragic given the benefits to the French people of this new treaty with Argentina.

As far as any whispers or rumors that this could lead to a spread of conflict, I have no desire to declare war on any nation that is currently engaged in trade with Brazil. I do hope that in the interests of global peace and stability that talks could be reopened to loosen or remove the restrictions on the ability of France to defend ourselves. At a minimum we should have no limits upon small ship construction since larger vessels are far better as offensive weapons.

We also reiterate our support for the American people and their efforts to squash the southern rebellion.

TaipingFlag2-1.jpg

You speak of traditions, yet you have just undermined the oldest tradition in all of China - that of the divine Emperor. Have you forgotten that this war only started because you kept disappointing the Chinese people, squandering the prestige your title accumulated troughout the centuries?
You speak of strength, yet you keep losing to our mighty armies, and to a few British mercenaries.
You speak of Chinese territorial integrity, yet you gave away integral parts of China to the invaders.
You speak of storing food for "harsh times", yet your people are starving *now* - what use is stored food for the next year, if there are no people left to consume it?

The answer is simple: You store the food for your armies, to defend your tyrannical rule against the wrath of your own people. But those men carrying your banners wont watch you massacre their families forever. Soon enough they will rise up, end your vile regime, and swear allegiance to the one true Emperor of China - Hong Xiuquan.

Stop spewing your lies, now, for it only makes your fate all the harder. Surrender now, and your life will be spared - you will be exiled to Mongolia, with a personal retinue and guards, to keep you safe.

Last edited:
His Majesty's Government shall not betray the people of Ireland due to the actions of a minor group of violent and murderous revolutionaries.​

OOC: Hey you are still the one deciding to never talk again. They made a better offer than you for this turn. :p

We are saddened that the French have decided to help the Argentinians, we can't help but point out that this will futher enlarge the distance between our two nations.

OOC: Hey you are still the one deciding to never talk again. They made a better offer than you for this turn. :p

OOC : What offer? You basically get to use ports in a region you have no interest in as military ports and the regular benefits of any trade deal, this offer was far better to Argentina than it was to France, you get basically no benefits compared to other deals and have to deal with the costs of sending military advisors to Argentina.

And also now you can't get that nice, interest-free loan from me later...

OOC: You said the loan was not looking likely and free use of ports as far more advantages than you are seeing atm. I cannot go about trading with everyone but have no ports outside of europe. Blame the british for being too insanely stubborn. I wont waste time ooc on this beyond this post but it is a better deal than you think since all my ports were stripped from me. This isn't the mid-late 1900s and I couldn't use a big fleet anywhere outside of europe very well without this deal. But as I said, if you refuse to ever change your policy then it will be your loss in the end. I am the most trade focused great power by far atm. :cool:

OOC: Hang on, why am I getting blamed for a peace that was negotiated with lots of consultation with Germany...?

Now I know how Collins felt about De Valera...

OOC: You said the loan was not looking likely and free use of ports as far more advantages than you are seeing atm. I cannot go about trading with everyone but have no ports outside of europe. Blame the british for being too insanely stubborn. I wont waste time ooc on this beyond this post but it is a better deal than you think since all my ports were stripped from me. This isn't the mid-late 1900s and I couldn't use a big fleet anywhere outside of europe very well without this deal. But as I said, if you refuse to ever change your policy then it will be your loss in the end. I am the most trade focused great power by far atm. :cool:

Using a "big fleet anywhere outside of Europe" is out of the question for you anyway. Atleast at the moment. The Brits would roflstomp you.

And the only trade that really matters is trade with China. So many people producing or consuming goods!