• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(425201)

Colonel
3 Badges
Dec 19, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hi guys, you may know that my 3rd and (probably) final Steppe Wolf AAR, with the same name, had to be abandoned because the save file was corrupted. Seeing that 2 of the 3 Steppe Wolf AARs I'd done were cancelled for this reason (the other one because I got bored with it), I just decided to do another one with the vanilla. After I play around with D&T a little bit, I may do one with it. After that I may do the same thing with MEIOU. But for now, I'm doing one with vanilla. The rules are pretty simple: when my ruler dies, I flip to another country of my choice. If I can get the mods' permission, I might do one with voting, but no promises. If I play as a republic, I will keep my ruler until he dies. This will continue until, hopefully, we reach the end date, which, in vanilla, is the beginning of 1821. I will do my first update after, one, picking which country to start as, and, two, playing until the ruler dies, taking some screenshots along the way.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Good luck! :)

Chapter 1- Harihara II Sangama of Vijayanagar

Here is our starting position as Vijayanagar (try saying that 10 times fast!). We are playing as Harihara II Sangama, who has been on the throne for 22 years. We have two vassals, Mysore and Travanacore. We get our first mission to Conquer Raichur Doab, which is owned by Deccan and separates our mainland from the port of Goa, which we also own.
11t7aev.png

Our starting sliders. They're decent, but not awesome either (Centralization/Decentralization in particular is bad). Because of that, we centralize. 4 Pretenders (the equivalent of our starting army), rebels.
2emlb4n.png

Religious mapmode in India. During this time period, the Muslims were invading India. As a Hindu in Vijayanagar, I am trying to defend Hinduism against the Islamic invaders. Let's see how I do.
2ep6byb.png

While readying to fight the rebels, I realize my Cavalry can be upgraded. I upgrade it.
2q2mfs8.png

Our starting economics.
35mgl74.png

We strategically offer alliances to Rajputana and Gondwana (we only had 2 diplomats). The former rejects, but the latter accepts (look at the Indian map to see where they are.)

Gondwana calls us to arms against Deccan.
2prh345.png

The first test of my armies: Can they fight the rebels? Apparently, they can't.
29kz149.png

I recruit some new units and have a new and improved army fight rebels. It takes many battles to destroy them, but it does the trick.
345o7et.png

They come...
3008w03.png

I try to attack them while they have lower morale. I epicly fail, at least in part because I was stupid enough not to get a general.
2nqtk79.png

spezjo.png

I get a good event which gives me some inflation, but a lot of Government Tech investment (the other option was to get no inflation, but get less than half of that).
25a6jjn.png

I get my ruler (as a general) on my army.
209nb10.png

I counter-attack the province I need for the mission.
29frqjd.png

What follows for a bit is just standard siege-racing. I also call my vassals in to the war, and my ally, Gondwana, after taking land of their own, got peace, leaving only me and my vassals in the war. Khandesh comes in, however, and declares a war of their own on Deccan. What I will show, however, is the turning point of the war. I retreated with an army of mine into a province that already had a friendly siege. In the ensuing battle, I win. They retreat, and then we annihilate their army.
2v9pvmc.png

2s0lapj.png

We were mopping up, when this happens...
2qu3qs2.png

I leave you with the current world map.
2i26820.png

I'm currently playing as Venice. I'll update when either, one, my ruler dies, or, two I feel I have enough content to make a full update.

Neat idea! I can't help but wonder why you put spoiler tags around your update, though?

Neat idea! I can't help but wonder why you put spoiler tags around your update, though?
So that it's easier to scroll down in the page without scrolling down the updates.

I probably won't be doing an update for a while, as I'll be busy playing Death and Taxes.

I'm sorry for making so many short ones, but I think I'll start a new one with Death and Taxes.