• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How is there plague in 14th century America? :p

I blame Abubakari II of Mali. ;) Welcome to the thread!

So two years in and already at the BB limit! :eek:

That certainly puts a dampner on things. The conquest of South America will have to proceed more slowly than planned. Let's hope for a few cores to recover.

Oh, wow, that infamy limit is a pain in the butt. You'll have to stick with that until you westernize?

Yeah, the limit is low, but remember as noted in the update that I can take anything from my neighbors at one infamy apiece as long as I do the DoWing, and my burn is no worse than ordinary (-.46 with Manco Capac as the ruler and the two-star rascal running around). True, I can't take many provinces at once unless I have a very good ruler or better advisors, but the pace overall won't necessarily be bad as the only edge other nations have is the limit.

Let's take an overly simplified example scenario that shouldn't be THAT far from the truth. An early European country could have a limit of 30 while I have 3. Sure, that country can start by quickly grabbing a total of ten new provinces (assuming average infamy of three per province and no HRE effects), but then can only add one every six years (assuming an average decrease of .5). I can start by taking three provinces, but then can take one every two years. I have the advantage no later than year 22. :D

Glad to have you following sylverCode, I already have your AAR open on another tab and will start reading your update just about now. ;)

I'm glad you made an AAR, it's very entertaining. MEIOU deserves more of these. :p

Btw, from my experience Spain/Castille and Portugal rarely start colonizing in that area so you'll have to wait for a looong time. :(

I'm glad you made an AAR, it's very entertaining. MEIOU deserves more of these. :p

Happy to hear that you like it! :) And I agree about MEIOU of course. Showcasing it is a bonus.

Btw, from my experience Spain/Castille and Portugal rarely start colonizing in that area so you'll have to wait for a looong time. :(

Well, they certainly won't get in my region for a looong time, but I'm hoping I'll be more fortunate with Central America once I make it there. If that's not the case, then the game certainly might get boring for a while and I may have less time to do stuff after I'm westernized. But no worries from an AAR perspective - then I can just cover longer time periods until we get something of interest again. And of course this is all speculative. :)

Besides, just getting the sliders right takes over a century, so it's not like I'm in a hurry. :D

Yo
a diplomat who speaks...all gangsta like
I'm sure he'll be popular at all the village dances

The kid likes to be the center of attention and does a good job at becoming it. Popularity is debatable. :D Let's just say that he's the guy that enables you to be out of control without anyone noticing - in international politics and village dances alike.

Looks interesting so I'll follow, I like American AARs.

I'd say some thing more profound but I've a raging hangover right now.

MEIOU seems a very interesting mod. Nice gains and hopefully you'll be able to seize some more land soon, as I'm sure your infamy will quickly drop with Yahuar Hacuac Chilche showing Cuzco to be a cultured and learned nation to all of your neighbours!

Wow, Phaski is definitely going to help! It's always nice when you get a 6 star advisor in the beginning of the game. :)

Plus, I just wanted to reiterate again how cool this mod looks. I absolutely LOVE the way they did the graphics for the interface. It looks great.

First war is done and won! Now onto greater glory!

Looks interesting so I'll follow, I like American AARs.

Hehe, I'm sure you do - I'll just have to endeavor to make this anywhere close as interesting as what you managed to do on that continent. :D Thrilled to have you reading.

I'd say some thing more profound but I've a raging hangover right now.

:rofl: After the weekend I had, I can sympathize with that!

MEIOU seems a very interesting mod. Nice gains and hopefully you'll be able to seize some more land soon, as I'm sure your infamy will quickly drop with Yahuar Hacuac Chilche showing Cuzco to be a cultured and learned nation to all of your neighbours!

It certainly is. And yes, he definitely demonstrates some kind of culture. :D

Wow, Phaski is definitely going to help! It's always nice when you get a 6 star advisor in the beginning of the game. :)

Plus, I just wanted to reiterate again how cool this mod looks. I absolutely LOVE the way they did the graphics for the interface. It looks great.

First war is done and won! Now onto greater glory!

I can think of advisor types where a six-star at this point would be way more useful, but I concur, at least I won't have to worry about manpower.

And wholeheartedly agreed on the graphics! :)

No messing about to start with, absorbing a whole tribe at a time you should be done with the region before the Europeans show up (BB limit permitting) :D

Yes, and given that they are even more important in MEIOU, I want to get the core timers running ASAP. :) Though in the beginning, I'm more concerned with getting good provinces - when I've conquered the good ones around me, then it's time to start a more general land grab.

Chapter Two
1358-1361

Let's start with a quick look at the effects of taking the Huanca territory. I grew to ten provinces, enough to trigger the Large Tribe penalties, as well as take me to a bigger tier in the Manpower balancing mechanism in MEIOU.

04_01.jpg

The infamy limit effect was already mentioned, but we also get penalties to tax and RR. I notice that I've gone from making about 50 ducats to 33, so the effect is noticeable.

Manpower balancing isn't entirely new here, as I had -20 % to both manpower and land force limits before - it just got worse here. It's a mechanism that I personally like a lot in this mod: introduced because of the larger province amount, it tends to lead to minors being able to defend themselves better than in vanilla, especially when you're facing a coalition, thus postponing the "I'm able to steamroll everyone" phase.

Also, a first glance at Tenochtitlan:

04_02.jpg

Seems that they too have taken three provinces, eating one TPM in the process. +10 infamy limit from Blessings of God means that they have no reason to stop.

As soon as peace is made with Huanca, we get our new mission.

04_03.jpg

This is simple to do, so I finish it in days as my offer at Maybe is accepted. However, the reward (2 diplomats) isn't of much use.

The next mission is more interesting:

04_04.jpg

We'll see if I'll do this. I admit that I'm interested in Chancay, but who knows whether I'll vassalize or outright annex.

In further post-war domestic matters, I choose to Encourage Divination - a religious decision that gives -1 RR for +5 % stab costs. Stability costs are very low while there's no room for any war exhaustion that might occur in the former Huanca provinces after the Large Tribe modifier, so it's an easy call.

In July, Aymara vassalizes Mapuche and soon allies them as well. The southern front just got more dangerous...

In April 1359 I finish building my troops up to the new force limit. With that, a milestone is reached.

04_05.jpg

I now have the largest army in South America (Chimu seems to have 24 regiments). There are, however, several more powerful nations as close as in Central America.

I have my sights set on the silver-producing province of Ica, owned by the small Chancay. I'm looking to conquer that province and possibly the whole tribe when my infamy and WE are down again and manpower has replenished. However, I unfortunately can't afford the wait: Chimu starts their conquest of Chancay in June! I have to get my hands on the valuable province before Chimu - they can do what they want with the capital as I won't be able to afford the infamy this early.

We have great relations with Chancay so I decide to insult in order to only get -1 stability as I doubt that Chimu can reach the province I want before I'm able to get there even with such a delay. This turns out to be a good call as I also lose stability via event.

War is declared on July 7th and a huge force starts marching towards Chancay's capital Pachacamac, while a smaller siege force approaches the undefended Ica.

04_06.jpg

This also means the first time I'm at war with a regional major as the dastardly Chibchaya, allied with both us and Chancay, decide to pick their side! The small northern nation of Quito, who followed Chancay to the Chimu war, dishonors their alliance this time. However, we also lose our southern safety when the rotten Aymara betray us. We are completely alone now.

The fortunate thing is that Chimu and Chibchaya seem to choose to fight each other instead of Chancay or us, respectively. I'm therefore able to reach both Ica and Pachacamac first, and Chibchaya doesn't seem to be sending any troops my way.

The huge force turns out to be necessary in Pachamac, as the battle doesn't exactly go easily:

04_07.jpg

We then get military access from Chimu because the Chancay army retreats towards their lands. The second battle in September is way more successful.

04_08.jpg

We crush the enemy army just in time as a couple of the old Huanca provinces rise in revolt. The rebels turn out to be resilient: it takes Manco Capac several months to finally destroy their armies in multiple battles. This could have been somewhat difficult to handle had the Chancay been more successful.

I spy the first available serious diplomatic opportunity in January 1360 as Chimu seems to have lost their heir. A royal marriage is immediately arranged.

04_09.jpg

Sadly, this ultimately fails as they get a new heir some years later.

The following months I keep most of my army on the northern border, looking for openings in Chibchaya. However, Chimu and Ayamarca - the nation northeast of Cuzco - seem to be sieging what I can see.

Tenochtitlan finishes another war in April, eating a four-province tribe. They are seriously out-expanding me - no surprise of course with their modifier.

Pachacamac falls in July.

04_10.jpg

The siege of Ica, meanwhile, hasn't progressed in a year, so I decide to send Manco Capac and his Siege 2 to help. This is a bit dangerous as I have to fight some new Huanca rebels without a general, but I manage to beat them with numbers.

In an attempt to get some safety, I ally Chimu.

Finally, after a hefty 562 days of sieging, Ica falls on February 12th, 1361. This allows me to grab the rich province - annexing the whole tribe would have meant sitting around for almost two years as I just don't have the infamy room (over 2.7 now).

04_11.jpg

That's also a very good sum of money in my situation.

Chibchaya, struggling against the Chimu-Ayamarca alliance at the moment, promptly accepts white peace, leaving an expanded and richer Cuzco at peace (Ica in pink in the shot).

04_12.jpg

In the days immediately following the peace deal, things are starting to look up in a big way. Tenochtitlan's expansion should be limited in the following years as their monarch dies, leaving a regency council for a four-year-old heir. Later, I spot my first opportunity to take one of the local majors down a notch...

Last edited:
The path is long. I want more war.:(
And I like steamrolling. :p

I've been at war 80 % of the time so far. :rolleyes: But I don't intend to slow down, no worries. :D And to me, steamrolling is only interesting if it's somehow deserved and not just handed to you. ;) I like a longer challenge than vanilla can offer.

Another province and some cash. I look forward to the taking down a competitor

Yes, to be honest it will be the first real war against one of the other bigger guys - Chibchaya was in that Chancay war but there wasn't a single battle with them and neither they or us had any troops on the other side's territory.

Overall, the goal in the short term is to control every single gold, silver and diamond province close to me, and these first two wars have accomplished parts of that objective.

Things are going well in South America. Looks like the Aztecs are blobbing up north, but you can handle that.

When do the Europeans usually turn up in MEIOU? In some ways the sooner the better before the tech gap gets too big.

This is going well, I like!

Nice that your on course with your objectives...big war big time

:)

Thanks for the mention in the FotW thread. :)

When do the Europeans usually turn up in MEIOU? In some ways the sooner the better before the tech gap gets too big.

You're correct that sooner would be better, but somewhat later than vanilla in my experience. :( However, I really don't have enough experience with MEIOU (and particularly this part of the world in it) to give a very good estimate. They'll come when they come, and I'm confident that if the eventual contact goes well I'm still going to have some time to make my presence felt on a global scale. :D

As far as Tenochtitlan goes, they only become a problem if they gobble up the whole Central America before I'm ready to enter, as that would make getting a foothold way more difficult. So their regency definitely helps in that regard. :)

This is going well, I like!

I'm glad you do. :)

Interesting. I'm curious to see what this MEIOU is like.
*subscribed*

Happy to have you following!

Good solid gains and now that you are the regional power, Yahuar Hacuac Chilche's job has just got alot easier I daresay; 'Yo yo, don't mess wit us or we'll mess wit you!' (as you can see, I am well versed in hiphop gangsta lingo).