• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Heroicnoodles

First Lieutenant
31 Badges
Mar 22, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Charlemange D'Ayiti​

Intro​

As the sun set on December 31, 1835 the sun set on the old Haiti. The liberal revolution lead by Charles Cadet had overthrown the old government in replace of a new, more American government, a true republic. The so called "debt" to France was cancelled in a decree by Cadet in which he declared, outright that "Haiti would no long suffer the bondage of "fiscal indemnity" and only the end of the indemnity would truly be the final step towards abolition.

AC_Y9_10.gif

Charles Cadet, refereed to as Charlemagne D'Ayiti​

The idealistic dreams Charles Cadet had for Haiti won the hearts of people all across the island, he had already revolutionized the government, was in the middle of reforming Haitian society, planned to make Haiti an industrial power and bolster Haiti so that she may take her rightful place as a new world power.

Table of Contents​

1. Early Isolationism​

Note: I am using the map and colors from PDM because I much prefer it to the original, aside from this I am using Vanilla 1.4

Very interesting, I tried a Haiti playthrough once.....it didn't end well.
But i hope yours does. :D

So, uh, is he only white in that picture because of overseas propaganda? Because if I remember correctly, the Haitians were rather hostile towards their white population.

Eh, je ne le parle pas couramment, mais j'étudiais le français en l'école et lycée et maintenant à l'université. Mais fluent? Eh, non, probablement non.

Ah moi aussi, mais je n'attends pas l'université, je n'ai pas fini l'école secondaire, mais j'étudiais Francais du IB et je parle le plus bein dans ma classe.

So, uh, is he only white in that picture because of overseas propaganda? Because if I remember correctly, the Haitians were rather hostile towards their white population.

Oh damn, how could I have forgotten to get a picture of an Afro-Antillian DX

I've got about 50-60 years of gameplay In and then I realized how soon it will be before AHD is released. So I'm wandering should I convert this over to an AHD game as a first looks sort of thing? Or just scrap it?