• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Build some garrisons(and militia) for those beach provinces your wasting good armour on them.

Nouvelles d'Union Fédérales
Broadcasting from Paris, District of France, European Union

fb95c00870139bb4_Picture_3.png

"Bonjour et - welcome to Federal Union News. It is 9:01 on October the 18 of 2003 and the world appears to be in a crisis. In what some European analysts have called the beginning of a new cold war, the factions of the world are once again polarized. Almost two weeks ago, a border skirmish erupted between the forces of European backed-Montenegro, and Russo-American backed-Serbia. After days of protest and the outbreak of a riot in Beograd, the arrest of Serbian nationals by Montenegrin officials has ended in violence. On October the 5th, Serbian border guards were involved in a major firefight with Montenegrin security forces. According to UN officials, six Montenegrin officers were killed in the shooting while a single Serbian officer was killed, and seven more were wounded. Government officials have blamed Serbia with igniting the violence, and have severed ties with the rogue state."

MTN-CRISIS-first.jpg

"Since then, the Serbian Rogue State has announced an armed intervention against Montenegro, a measure fully supported by Russia and the United States. The purpose of this intervention, as relayed to the United Nations Security Council by the Serbian Minister of Information, was to relieve political, economic and social unrest in the nation targeting the large Serbian minority, specifically, Serbian workers in Podgorica and along the border cities. Upon the presentation of such news to the Council, both the European Union and the People's Republic of China condemned the intervention. The United Kingdom abstained from comment, while Russia and the United States praised the Serbian government. Vladimir Putin, even went so far as to offer military aid to Serbia and has pledged a shipment of aircraft, heavy weapons, ground support vehicles, and aging naval ships to complement the Serbian Armed Forces."

MTN-CRISIS-second.jpg

"Immediately following the announcement, a prolonged rocket and artillery bombardment began along border areas. Naval patrol vessels were soon subjected to an air bombardment, and the bombing of air defence sites and public utilities across Montenegro soon followed. These measures have been unilaterally denounced by the European Senate, who are soon expected to vote on measures to provide a haven for Montenegrin refugees displaced by the violence, as thousands were reported fleeing to the coastal areas and the European administered enclave of Kosovo, and to neighboring Albania."

347296952stcZTg_fs.jpg

"In the past week following the announcement, Montenegrin Security Forces - consisting entirely of police units, armed citizenry and both the Light Infantry and Special Forces brigades have put up a valiant defence. Numbering less than 7,000 men, these forces held back a tide of 20,000 Serbian soldiers eager for conquest. Despite heavy fighting along the Northern, and Central areas of the border, Montenegrin forces have been slowly pushed back. Two days ago, after increasingly severe fighting and bombardment, Podgorica itself came under siege. Unconfirmed reports say that the Montenegrin President was killed in the fighting, refusing to leave the Capital, while others say that the Vice President has been granted asylum in Kosovo."

M84a_pre%C5%A1evo.jpg

"Today, after what can only be described as severe fighting, the city has fallen. According to sources at the scene, Podgorica is a ruin. Artillery and rocket bombardment has damaged much of the city, while the Serbian army fought house to house against civil militia and the security forces. Dozens, if not hundreds of fighters on both sides are dead, while hundreds of civilians have been listed as killed or missing."

"Following the fall of the Capital, a major offensive was launched by the Serbian army, utilizing upwards of 50,000 soldiers to attack, and support an attack on the Nikola Line, stretching along the east-west railroad crossing Montenegro. The Nikola line included the towns of Vilusi, Trubjela, Niksic, before turning south to Danilovgrad. (Map of Montenegro for Nikola Line visual aid.) Following the fall of Podgorica, and a break through near Trubjela, the position of the Montenegrin Security Forces became untenable, the Chief of the General Staff, Vice Admiral Dragan Samardžić, has surrendered unconditionally to the forces of the Serbian Rogue State. Even now, as Serbian forces rush to secure the borders of the illegally occupied state of Montenegro, thousands of refugees flood the borders. The hearts and minds of the European Union, are with the Montenegrin people on this terrible day."

MTN-Crisis-third.jpg

Ignore relations value, that is changed with an event that I wrote to come the next day.

Montenegro_Flag.gif

Montenegro.
The first victim of Expansionist policies by the Coalition of Nations.

Belgrade has begun to recreate Yugoslavia?

Oh dear.

Great post.
Hmmm. Will the big powers react directly or will we see a Balkan proxy war?
Intriguing. It could be in the EU's best interest to react with direct military force, to strengthen its position in Europe, and perhaps gain some balkan allies?
But how would Greece and Russia react to that?

Build some garrisons(and militia) for those beach provinces your wasting good armour on them.

Garrison and militia are fairly useless in MDS so if anything, I'll replace the garrisons with motorized or mechanized brigades probably. Keep a single division every few provinces in case of an emergency perhaps.

Nice update, Even ended up reading it out loud with a bad French/Flemish accent.

Can't tell which

I suppose that is a good sign?
I think ...

Belgrade has begun to recreate Yugoslavia?

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. And this time, Russia AND America are supporting them. Bad news for Europe.

Great post.
Hmmm. Will the big powers react directly or will we see a Balkan proxy war?
Intriguing. It could be in the EU's best interest to react with direct military force, to strengthen its position in Europe, and perhaps gain some balkan allies?
But how would Greece and Russia react to that?

I would have thought it would have been a proxy war but most of these readers seem to want the big powers to intervene directly ...
Perhaps it would be in their best interest, but is the EU military ready and capable for a prolonged conflict that could easily escalate to involve the major powers of the world.
Not sure how worried Greece might be .. if they are concerned, then Italy certainly is. And Italy is far more a concern than Greece. As for Russia, I'd imagine they would welcome these developments.

In the name of Unity, invade Serbia and liberate Montenegro! :p

29w1v79.png

Apparently my news propaganda piece- er I mean my totally unbiased and impartial news reporting has stirred up enthusiasm to liberate the Balkans and free the oppressed people of Montenegro. I wonder if many more people will -

declare war...come on it is the only solution :D

Tim

agree ... with -

yes i go for war as well, the whole region needs liberation!

your ...

Yup, Europe should do something soon, they'll get kinda lonely if all their pawns are absorbed

views ...

Sound the drums of war and march on the vile occupants! Invade Russia and the US too if they protest!

... well now. I think that given the readers responses, I may need to include a section of the next update focusing on internal politics within the EU ... it seems that an unexpected pro-war faction has risen from across Europe.

Whether this will actually lead to war ... well given some other things I'm going to reveal, many of you will only be scrambling for your guns even more so ...

I think that I speak for everybody when I say that I wanna see Köhler and Zapatero, on top a tank, blasting their way through the streets of Belgrade with the Ode to Joy as background music, pleeeease...:p

I think that I speak for everybody when I say that I wanna see Köhler and Zapatero, on top a tank, blasting their way through the streets of Belgrade with the Ode to Joy as background music, pleeeease...:p

Zapatero on a top of a tank? Invading Serbia?

Good luck with that. :rofl:

... well now. I think that given the readers responses, I may need to include a section of the next update focusing on internal politics within the EU ... it seems that an unexpected pro-war faction has risen from across Europe.

Well then, consider me the leader of the moderate faction :D

There is no chance that an attack on Serbia will end well for us. An attack might bring some of the other balkan states into the hands of Russia.
Best course of action (in my humble oppinion) Would be to coerce the Eastern European Coalition of Sovereign States to intervene. They hate the russians and would bring suffice numbers to end the conflict. In exchange we could give them trade deals, equipment and materials. If we feel the need to have a physical presence in the region for public goodwill and to also send a message to the balkan countries that we won't abandon them if Ivan comes, the we could deploy special forces and "peacekeepers" to Kosovo and supply the country with materials and equipment.

Last edited:
Trouble in the Balkans setting large power-blocs against each other. Surely it will all be over by Christmas....

Ay! We must be the first to strike! Force the Balkan into the United European Union, and Italy too while we're in the region anyway! The time for taking out oil platforms is over, the time to take out countries has begun!
Give the pro-war faction a majority in the European Parliament!

Robert Schuman would be ashamed of what his Europe has turned into if we allow warmongering people to dictate the course of this great nation.
We must be better than all others, all the time. We will not spend the lives of european citizens while a diplomatic and peaceful outcome is still possible.
European expansion will be through the will of the people, not the will of the armies.
Give the European Party for Progress a majority in the Parliament!

No! Those who oppose the will of ancient Europe should be brought down! Fine if they want to integrate into our empire-- Union peacefully. But if not they will be forced to do so!