• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The GG Patch is available for direct download at least.
- Duchies can now be assimilated into another de jure kingdom (takes 100 years)

Nuts! I was hoping titular titles could eventually become de jure, but the wording here seems to rule that out. :(

The GG Patch is available for direct download at least.

Nuts! I was hoping titular titles could eventually become de jure, but the wording here seems to rule that out. :(

Nope. Titular kingdoms can become de jure the same way.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but it seems that the Steam patch is already live. Any idea when the GG/Launcher version is going up?

Its already there.

Nope. Titular kingdoms can become de jure the same way.

Huh. I guess I dont understand how it works then. I was assuming duchies would assimilate towards your primary title. Would a King of Germany who's titular King of Bavaria eventually lead to Bavaria splitting away from Germany?

can someone perhaps answer about the "Plott to revoke title" feature . In the origional version of the game I can revoke a title as the king, often with loss of favor/prestiege but I can do it. Now in the patch you can plot to revoke a title, how exactly does that work? Does this allow me to say revoke " Duke Of Lancaster" after sucessfully plotting against him with no penelty from other dukes and counts i.e it would be viewed as justified as opposed to using my ability to "Revoke title" the old way which can be tyranical? Or is this new plotting method replacing the old way? Please tell me I can choose to do both!

Huh. I guess I dont understand how it works then. I was assuming duchies would assimilate towards your primary title. Would a King of Germany who's titular King of Bavaria eventually lead to Bavaria splitting away from Germany?

If a duchy, in its entirety, is de facto within a kingdom title that is not its de jure liege, it will start to assimilate. Check the de jure duchy map mode to see how far along it is (usually happens to Aquitaine, Auvergne, etc after a year or two.)

Skills (I mean martial, stewardship, etc.) are now limited to a base of 32. Can this limit be modified? I've noticed that if I load a character via the history files, and it specifies martial=100, it will create the character with a base martial of 32, and if I modify the save to put 100 in the martial skill spot, it's still 32.

What exactly does this mean?

A duchy that is revolting from its leige can not white peace with the liege in order to get out of a war with an outside force.

This is balanced by the fact that when you declare war on a revolting duke, you are now at war with everyone in the realm, regardless of what side of the civil war they are on

If a duchy, in its entirety, is de facto within a kingdom title that is not its de jure liege, it will start to assimilate. Check the de jure duchy map mode to see how far along it is (usually happens to Aquitaine, Auvergne, etc after a year or two.)

Hey, while we've got you on the subject, do de jure Empires expand at all in similar fashion? If not, is it moddable?

I suspect it means that say county A has a sucessful cival war. His holdings are B,C D . The cival war is not over until the king has controll of all the holdings ....but that is just a guess. So say France has posession of one holding, you need to take it from them before it is truely over

All in all I like the changes very much andwillsupport them by buying the DLC as soon as I see itup on steam.
But for some reason events (child education) dont auto-pause the game anymore and since these dont show up anywhere (textlog, high/low priority) I have no Idea where I can fix/change that back. Can someone help, please?

Hey, while we've got you on the subject, do de jure Empires expand at all in similar fashion? If not, is it moddable?

I'm trying right now with a hands off game where I modded the length of assimilation to be much faster. So far it looks like the empires can lose De Jure territories but might not be able to gain them, despite how odd that may sound. More testing required.

Nope, but I still highly recommend starting a fresh game.

My 1.4 save game seems to work, I'm just speachless. I knew that 1.5 patch would be great, but save compatibility? I can't believe that...

I'm trying right now with a hands off game where I modded the length of assimilation to be much faster. So far it looks like the empires can lose De Jure territories but might not be able to gain them, despite how odd that may sound. More testing required.

Kinda makes sense, actually, since Empires are based on kingdoms. What happens if a kingdom thats part of a de jure empire expands? For example, if Bohemia holds onto a Polish duchy for the time period?

AH! I just understood.

Duchies never assimilate to empires, only to kingdoms. Kingdoms dont assimilate to Empires. Empires are composed of their constituent Kingdoms, and if an empire's kingdoms (as defined in landed titles, never changes) gains or lose territories, then the Empire's borders fluctuate.

So to expand Imperial De Jure borders, you have to expand its constituent kingdoms through de jure assimilation.

Edit:

Kinda makes sense, actually, since Empires are based on kingdoms. What happens if a kingdom thats part of a de jure empire expands? For example, if Bohemia holds onto a Polish duchy for the time period?

That would expand the empire, yes. :)

AH! I just understood.

Duchies never assimilate to empires, only to kingdoms. Kingdoms dont assimilate to Empires. Empires are composed of their constituent Kingdoms, and if an empire's kingdoms (as defined in landed titles, never changes) gains or lose territories, then the Empire's borders fluctuate.

So to expand Imperial De Jure borders, you have to expand its constituent kingdoms through de jure assimilation.

Edit:

That would expand the empire, yes. :)

Aww to the first, yay to the second. Now, if we can mod it, I'll be really happy. Otherwise, I'm gonna gamey-ly going to have to expand the de jure borders of Byzantium...

In my test game, a crusade successfully created the Kingdom of Jerusalem (de jure byzantium). Jerusalem then conquered Egypt in another catholic crusade.

Egypt is now De Jure Byzantine because catholic KoJerusalem is a constituent part of that Empire.

Edit:

Despite having the wealth and piety to do so the HREmperor's AI does NOT appear to be creating Kingdoms, which is sort of a relief. If I switch to him, then I can create kingdoms fine though.

This means that the Empires are likely to shrink alot more than expand in most games because a AI-run Empire may stay entirely imperial (no sub-kingdoms), and thus unable to assimilate anything.

Having manually created Germany to test, Germany isn't assimilating other HRE kingdoms though... havent completely figured out that part yet