• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Qymaen

Makassar Can Into Yurop
84 Badges
Jul 23, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Legacy of Shah Jalal
A Bengali AAR- Death and Taxes Mod

quran11.jpg

"If as Our violence came to them, they had supplicated! But their hearts hardened and Ash-Shaytan adorned to them whatever they were doing."
Koran, 6:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. I'm Qymaen and this is my first AAR. Earlier this week I asked the members of the EUIII forum to help me decide on which nation to play here. Bengal literally won by a nose. Since this is my first AAR the writing style will be heavily influenced by Rifal's Bet Kinder Bet Morgen Kommt Der Schwed. My goal in this AAR is to conquer India and, if it isn't swallowed by the Ming, Southeast Asia. Also I will try to convert as many provinces to Sunni Islam as possible.

Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be nor am a follower of Islam. If I do mess up anything within Islam please bear with me and correct me. Shah Jalal is not mentioned in the Koran at all, but I am using quotes from it for the sake of the AAR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

Prologue: Story of Shah Jalal

Last edited:
Good luck! A unique choice for country.

Good luck.If i remember i voted for bengal :)

Well, I'm certainly more interested in Bengal than in Aragon, so I think you made the right choice. :)

Well, I'm certainly more interested in Bengal than in Aragon, so I think you made the right choice. :)

This should be an interesting one.

Good luck.

I must follow this one, I hope you succed. :D

Good luck.If i remember i voted for bengal :)

Interesting choice, good luck with it :happy:

Good luck! A unique choice for country.

Thank you, everyone. :) I hope you enjoy this.

Story of Shah Jalal

"And make mention in the Scripture of Idris. Lo! he was a saint, a prophet;"
Koran, 19:56

During the 13th Century a man was born in the city of Hadramut in, what is now, Yemen. This man would be the one who would spread Islam to Eastern India and free a people from under the oppressive rule of an infidel king.

The man mentioned above was Shaykh-ul Mashaek Mokhdum Shaykh Shah Jalal Mozorrodh Bin Muhammed. Shah Jalal was born in the Yemeni city of Hadramut in 1271 and as the son of the cleric, Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi. Early on in his life his parents died and he was taken up by his uncle, Syed Ahmed Kabir, who also happened to be a Saint.

After the completion of his education, Kabir gave Jalal some soil. Seeking to spread Islam to the far off lands of Hindustan, Kabir told his nephew to travel to Hindustan and find soil that matched the color of the soil he was holding. Once found the young man and Hafiz, one who has committed the Quran to memory, would settle down and preach Islam to the misguided population. Jalal agreed to this mission and set off for Hindustan.

During his mission he met many, including Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishty, a Sufi Saint, and Hazrat Shaikh Khwaja Syed Muhammad Nizamuddin Auliya, another Sufi Saint. By the time he reached Hindustan he had gathered up more than 300 auliya. He traveled across Hindustan in search of the soil that matched the color of the soil his uncle had given him. Soon enough he reached the kingdom of Sylhet. What he found shocked him. He had discovered that a Shayk, an elder and/or leader, was being persecuted by the Rala of Sylhet, Gaur Govinda. Jalal, his 300 auliya, and the Sultan of Gaur, Alhumdulillah, managed to defeat the Raja.

After the conquest Shah Jalal found a match for the soil his uncle had given him and settled in Sylhet and remained there until his death, preaching Islam to the local populace. During his time in Hindustan, Jalal, and his disciples, spread Islam along the Brahamuptra River and its surrounding area. In fact some even managed to reach the far off city of Dhaka.

Each and every Sultan of Bengal has declared their allegiance to Shah Jalal. And, beginning with Sultan Azam Ilyas, have sought to spread Islam to the Hindu west and Buddhist east in the memory of the great Hafiz and Saint, Shaykh-ul Mashaek Mokhdum Shaykh Shah Jalal Mozorrodh Bin Muhammed.

Note: This prologue is only a background for the AAR.

Interesting start, good prologue. Interested to see what you'll do with it.

Well this was a quick failure. :( I hate Bihar. They ruined everything. I'll be playing as Khmer next.

Can't you just reload a couple of times? You haven't posted any actual gameplay yet, so we'd hardly be any the wiser!

Can't you just reload a couple of times? You haven't posted any actual gameplay yet, so we'd hardly be any the wiser!

I've tried that more than a few times. It always leads to my ass getting kicked by Bihar.

ouch. hm... you could try a different start date. But Khmer are cool too :)

Nice prologue anyway :).

Actually guys, I've decided to play as a nation in the Steppe Wolf mod.

Last edited: