• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

Once again, your demands are unacceptable and humilliating, we have offered a reasonable counter-offer, which your refused.

- Brazil will officially apologize for the harsh action. The body will be given back to Argentina and a representative of the Emperor, together with his delegation, will be sent to participate in the funeral.
- Brazilian investigators will investigate the matter.
- The ones indicted by the inquiry shall be trialed and face consequences according to Brazilian law, however, they will suffer their punishment on Argentine soil.
- The brazilian government will pay compensation for the family of the victim, if he is proved innocent. However, if the accusations of the Argentine press prove to be false, the brazilian government must receive compensation for the problem caused by their rushed conclusions.

I ask that neighbouring South-American nations stay out of that conflict, we don't want the fires of war to run through your fields as well.

*Dom Pedro II addresses to a crowd outside the Imperial palace in Rio de Janeiro

Brazilians! We are being treacherously attacked by the ones that claimed to be our friends, they even dared to refuse a generous offer to avoid a bloodbath that would be a war on our continent!

One year ago these Argentinians claimed to be our friends, signing a trade agreement with us, however now they throw wild accusations on us, refusing to allow for investigations to take place and putting the blame of the death of one man on the entire country! Let's not hear any more of this, they desire war, they desire to see us broken, but i tell you my brothers, we are strong and potent, our army and leadership are both capable, our navy will protect our coast against these aggressions. Join the army now and let's bring a swift end to this aggression, don't allow the treacherous backstabbers in Argentina to destroy our beautiful country, rise! Once more i ask you, join the army and defend the Fatherland against this invasion!

GLORY TO THE FATHERLAND!

OOC: So is yours (or at least a large portion of it) and I'd say Uruguay would have something to say about this.

OOC : Mine is distributed along the coast...most of it is in Rio de Janeiro, that isn't as close to the front as Buenos Aires :p

OOC: What? THey don't even border each other.

Maybe, they will probably want to gain control of a certain river tough...

OOC: oh well, a South American war will be very fun to watch.
OOC: We could just ship our armies over and invade both capitals? :laugh:

OOC: Im busy... oh wait, its Argentina... Im sure I can spare something to keep them in their place. :)

OOC: Im busy... oh wait, its Argentina... Im sure I can spare something to keep them in their place. :)
OOC: You hit your decade quota for random overseas invasions already. Stop trying to be the world bully. Let someone else bully around. :(

OOC: I had to mess with doom ooc first. He has it coming. :happy:

If both nations are that set on war then there is little that could be done to forestall the death and destruction ahead. Many European cities could serve as a neutral site to conduct peace talks safely during the conflict. As world trade continues to struggle its way forward though neither side in this looming conflict should even consider attacking neutral shipping.

We won't give any orders to attack foreign ships, however we discourage trading with Argentina for the duration of the war, as a blockade will be placed on their shores in order to prevent weapons and such from reaching Argentina, their food production is big and therefore their citizens will not starve because of our blockade, unless the government proves itself inefficient.

OOC: Quota? This is 1861, Market Forces are the driving argument, not your ridiculous Communist Quotas.

Sorry Cesar, Ill IC now.

flagoftheargentineconfe.jpg

Citizens, brothers! Conflict is fast drawing towards our land!
Not long after we denounced their military build up, and after they cynically denied its intents, we see what it was its purpose all along: to wage war of aggression!
The lawlessness of their country allows their police to murder an upstanding citizen, heroically defending property that wasn't even theirs, and yet they expect us to trust justice to such a flawed and biased system? That's unnaceptable!
Refusing our fair demands of just investigation they admit their guilt, and when the government refuses to handle over the guilty parties it must bear the responsibility of such actions.
Without doubt they engineered the whole ordeal to be used as a pretext for war, and right now their armies and navies march forward seeking the destruction of our land!
Citizen, you way of life, your property, your freedom is at stake here! Barons, counts and other nobles come wanting more land to rule over and more people to enslave, but they will not have any here!! (wild cheers from the audience)
Our whole land will rise up as one, and will beat the invaders back, handing the murderers justice!
As brothers our fighting spirit will be unmatched, as equals our devotion to the cause will be our victory. Their oppressed slaves and serfs pressed into service will be no match to an army of free men!
Rise Argentina, and show the world what free men and women can achieve!

Furthermore Argentina as a nation of true gentlemen and not war savages will not attack neutral trade ships and we hope the Brazilians won't sink as low as to attack neutral third parties shipping.

3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

We are in our Darkest hours. The vile Prussians and traitorous Hungarians are pushing into our lands. However we are still full of fight! We are still strong! We will be victorious!

OOC: Im buggered :(. Maybe I can just surrender to Switzerland and be annexed by them.....

We won't give any orders to attack foreign ships, however we discourage trading with Argentina for the duration of the war, as a blockade will be placed on their shores in order to prevent weapons and such from reaching Argentina, their food production is big and therefore their citizens will not starve because of our blockade, unless the government proves itself inefficient.
A nation cannot both blockade another and not be willing to attack foreign ships. Just how far are your armed forces willing to go? Only assembled weapons? Materials ready to be assembled into weapons? Is iron to be intercepted as well? France is trying to stretch forth our trade fleets across the globe but that is a large stretch of South America you aim to blockade.

OOC: I would help super Bavaria if I could but the Prussians could swat my army aside with 2 hands tied behind their back atm. :(

His Majesty's Government does not support the unwarranted annexation of territory by the Bavarian rebels. They are guilty now of foul play on 2 counts, and therefore their honour as Gentlemen must be called into question.​

His Majesty's Government does not support the unwarranted annexation of territory by the Bavarian rebels. They are guilty now of foul play on 2 counts, and therefore their honour as Gentlemen must be called into question.​

3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

The British giving lectures on honour, ha! Go ahead, explain this nonsense you speak and give us a laugh.

The Dominion of Canada

canadianflag.jpg

The flag of the Dominion

Due to the loyalty and good service of the Canadian subjects of the Crown, His Majesty and Mr Gladstone have decided to forward the idea of self rule for the colonies, by starting an experiment in Canada. Henceforth, the colonies of Canada shall cease to be, and shall instead be known as the Dominion of Canada. A Centralised Government shall rule over the 8 provinces of Canada from Ottawa, and shall have full control over local tax rates, local defence and administration. The United Kingdom shall retain control of foreign policy, international defence and trade policy. Furthermore, both nations shall give each other favoured status in regards to good, selling to cover each others demands before all other sales.

The Canadian Constitution shall be modelled upon that of the United Kingdom, but shall be slightly different. Each Province shall be made up of several boroughs, each having an MP sit in the House of Commons in the Canadian Parliament. The MPs shall be responsible for the interests of their borough. Province's MPs shall elect a Lord Governor, who shall sit in the Chamber of Governors in the Canadian Parliament. The Lord Governor is responsible for the interests of his Province, and by extension the interests of the boroughs of this Province as a whole. The Lord Protector of Canada shall take the role of Prime Minister, and must attain a majority in the House of Commons to achieve his position. Legislation may be made either by the Parliament of the United Kingdom, or by the Canadian Parliament. In the second case, all procedures shall follow that of the United Kingdoms Parliament, excepting that the Chamber of Governors may only block Bills in the event of less than a 2/3 majority in favour of the Bill from the House of Commons.

The provinces of Canada are as follows:

Nova Scotia
New Foundland and Labrador
New Brunswick
Quebec
Ontario (Modern day Ontario and Manitoba)
British Columbia (Modern day British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta)
Yukon (Modern day Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut)
Alaska

Canadian Armed Forces shall be set up, with the Canadian Army and Royal Canadian Navy being professional standing forces, under the command of Imperial Joint Command in Scotland. Canadian Militia Forces shall be known as the Royal Canadian Militia, and shall be kept under the control of either the province or the Dominion, to act as local defence and to bolster forces operating in Canada. They shall be trained to the same standard as regulars, but shall not be a standing force.

His Majesty's Government is currently considering the application of this idea to other areas of the Empire should it prove a success in Canada. In particular, we are considering the areas of Oceania and the Pacific under our control.

OOC: Im not so bad, I just kill people sometimes.

A nation cannot both blockade another and not be willing to attack foreign ships. Just how far are your armed forces willing to go? Only assembled weapons? Materials ready to be assembled into weapons? Is iron to be intercepted as well? France is trying to stretch forth our trade fleets across the globe but that is a large stretch of South America you aim to blockade.

OOC: I would help super Bavaria if I could but the Prussians could swat my army aside with 2 hands tied behind their back atm. :(

We will blockade exclusively the Argentinian coast, we won't fire on neutral ships, we will ask them to change their route if they go near Argentinian ports, but i will not give green light for the ships to fire.
However, if a third party sends weapons to the Argentinians, we will under no instance allow them to pass the blockade, we will confiscate the weapons. If the ships carrying weapons resist that and try to force their way, we might end up having no option but to fire.

We ask that trade with Argentina is avoided, we can't risk allowing weapons to get to our enemies.

I will be sending all manner of goods to both nations and any goods seized will result in an ultimatum from the Kingdom of Belgium. I urge other countries to follow Belgium's lead petty regional disputes must not interfere with world trade.

Leopold I King of the Belgians

OOC: Big argument here I come :laugh:. the chance of Paraguay not intervening is very slim and Uruguay maybe slightly higher, but not much.

I will be sending all manner of goods to both nations and any goods seized will result in an ultimatum from the Kingdom of Belgium

OOC: Big argument here I come. :laugh:

Once again, we will confiscate any war supplies being sent to Argentina, we might send them back to the nation of origin as long as it agrees not to try to ship them to Argentina.

I will be sending all manner of goods to both nations and any goods seized will result in an ultimatum from the Kingdom of Belgium

OOC: Big argument here I come. :laugh:
The French people side with the Kingdom of Belgium on this policy. Our ships will not be harassed by Brazil, or if they change their policy, Argentina. Perhaps enough European nations enacting a similar policy will bring some sense to Brazil.

The French people side with the Kingdom of Belgium on this policy. Our ships will not be harassed by Brazil, or if they change their policy, Argentina. Perhaps enough European nations enacting a similar policy will bring some sense to Brazil.

Perhaps we would like to point out that we were attacked by the Argentinians and are doing nothing more than ensure that this war will come to an end swiftly, by shipping weapons to Argentina you are extending the duration of the war.

We also wonder why you are so insistent as to send supplies to Argentina but don't bother with the American blockade of the CSA, if you care so much about breaking blockades, that is.