• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Comrade Bob's doomsday prediction about to come true? Short Answer: I really hope so. Wars make for excellent AAR posts.

Read my post just above yours.

The Great War has begun Comrade. Put down the hammer and the sickle, pick up the rifle and liberate the entire world! The International Soviet shall free the human race!

Great update, some very interesting developments in the aftermath of the elections. I like the split of the Anarchists, the faction had some very disparate supporters. Also, I like the new name, it sounds more like the original Collectivist Anarchists. Also, awesome to see Conolly and Makhno join the CC, those two are definately cool!

EDIT: I also love the left/right SR analogy!

On the debate of the legality of the expulsion: First of all, Trotsky was elected chairman with a very convincing percentage of the party vote. Furthermore, he is only following the legal political framework designed and championed by Rosa Luxemburg herself: the assembly is legally only an advisory body. Its opinions are very important to the CC, but the CC has the right to make its own decisions. This is exactly what Rosa intended, and Trotsky isn't doing anything wrong in using all his political talent to make sure that one of the most important promises of the Marxist-Leninist platform came into reality. You might argue against the decision in itself and against using such a strategy against the "true germans", but you have no argument when it comes to challenging the legality of Trotsky's decision and Rosa's system of government; nor does it make any sense to attack Liebknecht for leading his faction in support of the expulsion by invoking Rosa's spirit.

Read my post just above yours.

The Great War has begun Comrade. Put down the hammer and the sickle, pick up the rifle and liberate the entire world! The International Soviet shall free the human race!

The curse of the most active AAR on the forum, I was writing my comment just as you posted.

Tommy, I don't know how good a player you are in these situation, but for what it's worth, my advice, feel free to ignore it fi it's redundant: make sure to encircle and destroy enemy stacks whenever possible. Use +attack and +defense leaders and your own terrain for these purposes. Always keep a reserve, concentrate your forces on batles that can be quickly won and send the freed troops onward to tip the balance in other battles while the enemy retreats. In big battles, switch stacks in and out to reorganize and replenish manpower. On the strategic level, try to concentrate on one enemy (I would've started with A-H or France) and get a separate peace in order to be able to turn all the forces dedicated to that front to overwhelm the next (in my case, that would be easy considering the geography, move from A-H to France or vice versa). With your house rules, you'll probably even be strengthened by forces from the defeated nation? If there's already a revolution in France, I guess you'll count territory held by the rebels there towards your 40%? If so, I guess winning in France should be your first priority.

And, most importantly, good luck and long live the Revolution!

I don't expect to be able to destroy Britain but if I did get across the Channel then it would obviously be London, Liverpool and Glasgow.

You meant London, Manchester and Glasgow. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes sometimes

You meant London, Manchester and Glasgow. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes sometimes

Yes, a surprising number of people make that mistake...:p

Raph, how can you say he is invoking the spirit of Rosa? The woman whose first action in office was to abolish the ban on the Anarchist faction?

Anyway, good luck to the revolutionary armies! Plant the red banners of labour!

Yes, a surprising number of people make that mistake...:p

Raph, how can you say he is invoking the spirit of Rosa? The woman whose first action in office was to abolish the ban on the Anarchist faction?

Anyway, good luck to the revolutionary armies! Plant the red banners of labour!

I'm not saying that Liebknecht is invoking the spirit of anyone, I'm saying that using Rosa to say that CC deciding against the wishes of the assembly is worthless, since she devised the system where the assembly is an advisory body. There's nothing illegal or outrageous with the decision to nullify the newly enrolled memberships of the "true german" faction. If you wish to argue against it, argue against it on tactical or political merits, not by pretending that deciding against the assembly is somehow against the "spirit" of the Republic.

First Trotsky came for the True Germans,
and you did not speak out,
because you were not a true German,

I'm going to play devil's advocate and point out that this a bit ironic considering that the original poem was written about the failure of German intellectuals to prevent the Nazi takeover and purges and Trotsky's actions were arguably an attempt to prevent the rise of a hyper-nationalist, Nazi-like faction.

Yes, it still fits considering Trotsky did commit a purge of sorts; but he did not kill in the way the True Germans likely would after taking control.

This war is not easy to manage. It took me an hour and a half to play just 3 months.

4 distinct fronts have emerged. France (where I seem to have underestimated the will of the Frankish state to survive), Austria-Hungary (where I got my calucalations of how many men to send perfect), Russia (where I sent too many men) and West Africa - I initially planned to just leave Africa to be conquered as I thought it was indefensible. However I got quite a lot of men from the mobilisation there so I'm trying to hold back the Brits (this is where the British have concentrated their forces at this early stage of the war).

Now, back to the krieg!

And Mr. Sometimes, you need not sign up it is the duty of every single working man in the Republic to fight for the revolution. The entire capitalist world descends upon us Comrades. This is our moment!

I'm going to play devil's advocate and point out that this a bit ironic considering that the original poem was written about the failure of German intellectuals to prevent the Nazi takeover and purges and Trotsky's actions were arguably an attempt to prevent the rise of a hyper-nationalist, Nazi-like faction.

Yes, it still fits considering Trotsky did commit a purge of sorts; but he did not kill in the way the True Germans likely would after taking control.

Yea, I knew it was going to invoke a reaction :)
However, if you have read the description, nothing makes the True Germans Nazi. They even wanted freedom for poland... And there industrial policies were marxist in character which the NSDAP was, despite its name, never.

Meanwhile Trotsky wants all lands ruled from Germany, a purge of the party and a world war for domination. So I think in this timeline the poem would have very well been written about him since, even if the TG were unpopular with all, their expulsion would have been awarning sign to anyone like Niemöller that the M-L is gripping for power.

Btw, if Stalin ever comes, I got loads of more poems ready so prepare for the artistic revolution...

This war is not easy to manage. It took me an hour and a half to play just 3 months.

4 distinct fronts have emerged. France (where I seem to have underestimated the will of the Frankish state to survive), Austria-Hungary (where I got my calucalations of how many men to send perfect), Russia (where I sent too many men) and West Africa - I initially planned to just leave Africa to be conquered as I thought it was indefensible. However I got quite a lot of men from the mobilisation there so I'm trying to hold back the Brits (this is where the British have concentrated their forces at this early stage of the war).

Now, back to the krieg!

And Mr. Sometimes, you need not sign up it is the duty of every single working man in the Republic to fight for the revolution. The entire capitalist world descends upon us Comrades. This is our moment!

Yes, but is it our moment of destruction or victory?

By the way, I was changing from the Luxemburgists, which is why I said "Sorry, Karl".

What cb(s) are you using and are the capitalist nations really all allied, or are they all separate wars?

I'm not saying that Liebknecht is invoking the spirit of anyone, I'm saying that using Rosa to say that CC deciding against the wishes of the assembly is worthless, since she devised the system where the assembly is an advisory body. There's nothing illegal or outrageous with the decision to nullify the newly enrolled memberships of the "true german" faction. If you wish to argue against it, argue against it on tactical or political merits, not by pretending that deciding against the assembly is somehow against the "spirit" of the Republic.

Is this not a case of following the letter of the law but running roughshod over the intent? As for Rosa, let me just say that her actions while in office strongly suggest she would have utterly rejected a purge of the Party, and that Karl, by contrast, has been cheerleading it. And the entire first paragraph of my article was dedicated to attacking the purge on tactical gorunds, it is you who's focusing on my criticism of Liebknecht.

Why do we even have Lux and M-L as seperate parties?
If a small the small anarchists need to be divided, those two are too close to each other to be kept as separate parties. Unfair I say.
Lux is having no independent aims, they follow the lead of the M-L always!

we need a damn constitution. Factions should not be banned nor discriminated. Free speech is sacred.
No one wants tyranny!

Why do we even have Lux and M-L as seperate parties?
If a small the small anarchists need to be divided, those two are too close to each other to be kept as separate parties. Unfair I say.
Lux is having no independent aims, they follow the lead of the M-L always!

we need a damn constitution. Factions should not be banned nor discriminated. Free speech is sacred.
No one wants tyranny!

Except you, it seems, with your calls to murder Trotsky and...ah...burn the body.

Except you, it seems, with your calls to murder Trotsky and...ah...burn the body.

Why would you consider it wrong to kill a obnoxious bloodthirsty tyrant? Only fair.
He has shown his claws and teeth. It is for the best of everyone to shoot him.
The end justifies the means. My cause is just.
Trotsky must die. Ice axe sounds perfect...

Why would you consider it wrong to kill a obnoxious bloodthirsty tyrant? Only fair.
He has shown his claws and teeth. It is for the best of everyone to shoot him.
The end justifies the means. My cause is just.
Trotsky must die. Ice axe sounds perfect...

Just for the record.... are you a cannibal?

Factions should not be banned nor discriminated.

Unless they're Marxists, right?

However, if you have read the description, nothing makes the True Germans Nazi. They even wanted freedom for poland... And there industrial policies were marxist in character which the NSDAP was, despite its name, never.

I'm aware they aren't actually Nazi's, but their xenophobia and hyper-nationalism does make the general idea of them somewhat comparable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.