• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No its not a real russian designation (unfortunetley:D). But the Ruskies have been talking about converting 2 of the 3 remaining Typhoons into SSGNs and I liked the concept picture.
rusnavy.com/news/navy/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=7193

EDIT: Oops I see you asked about the Yasen, well I dont know the official designation and you are right about its primary role, but its also meant to complement the Oscar and it carries 24 Onyx which got to count for something.:)

Last edited:
thank you for the info,ps will there be any sort of sand box type game? oh, and other than sonar and periscope will there be any other method of finding surface ships e.g. radar mast or ESM mast? thanks in advance

Hitchens:

Yes, it took us a bit more time than expected to find the right people, money and partners to do it right!

I remember Carrier Command. Awesome game. Well, this is a RTS, so I'd say it is not very similar really.

Astute:

Yes, (some) subs have periscope radars, IR, visual and all that.

If you mean how long the day-night cycle is: it is real, except most of the time you will play on time compression, say 1:10. Except in the far north, there is no night in the summer, and no day in the winter!

We haven't created the 3d model for the Astute yet. As soon as we do, we'll post some nice shots for you.

First off, what an exciting game!

Look forward to buying it. I just have some questions about Canada, it appears you plan on only having one Canadian ship, I would imagine this is probably the Halifax class or possibly the Single Surface Combatant. Will Canada be able to use it's F35's and F18s which you've already included in the game? Will I be able to change the nationality of units to be able to make an all Canadian task group? (even if I have to use other countries models?). It seems strange that Canada will play such a small role, given it's ownership of a sizeable portion of the arctic. I do hope you include our 4 forward arctic airfields and the deep water port at Nanisivik, Nunavut. The Canadian navy of 2030 looks to be exciting. I'd be happy to lend a hand with anything and would be happy to email you the Chief of Maritime staffs future briefing if you'd like, it outlines how MARCOM will look fairly simply.

All of us here at the Naval Officers Training Centre in Victoria, Canada are looking forward to this game!

Hello and welcome, MARCOM-CANADA

Thank you for your kind words! You are absolutely right that with such a large portion of the Arctic, Canada should naturally have a bigger role in the game. We have on our list the Halifax class frigate.

Yes, the idea is that the F35s and Super Hornets will be used for many nations, as they are in real life (well, will be).

Feel free to send me the briefing you discussed to jan -at- turbotapegames.com

Cheers.

Ill send you the briefing tonight. Glad to know the CPF made it in there, I hope her stellar record as a sub killer comes out in the game. I'll just have to reflag the F35, F18, some sort of maritime patrol aircraft, a diesel sub and a destroyer and I'll be as happy as a clam!

Looks like I'm learning XML! Look forward to pictures of this game being played at sea :)

MARCOM-CANADA; So is there a chance I can have a look at that Briefing? Although my primary interest is in the RN I have to say the commonwealth navies always greatly interest me. Especially with some of the interesting things some of them (Like Canada) seem to have planned.

will there be any special editions or pre-order bonuses, also you mention that you need to keep to budget, in which some things will be limited, so how much would it cost theoretically to make a model for the trafalgar class- i am aware it will be decommissioned in 2022 and thanks for the reply can't wait for this fantastic game to come out!!!

There may well be special editions, pre-order bonuses and all that. We talk to Paradox about these things as we are getting nearer to launch. Sorry, can't say really exactly the cost of a new model. Our bottleneck is essentially our time. We're a small team.

Thanks again for your interest!

Thanks for the briefing. Can't promise your entire wish list, but pretty darned close :)

The game actually stores its data in XML: scenarios, units, weapons, sensors, everything. So it will be useful if you want to modify those specs we get wrong.

And we can add in all the extra knots of speed and range that Jane's likes to leave out :)

will there be satelites in the game and if so will there be any ASAT missiles and if so will they be launched from fighters or by ship and will the ships have individual names e.g. HMS astute , agamemnon , ajax etc. or will it display as "astute class submarine"
thanks in advance and thanks for developing such a brilliant game!

As far as i know the developers have already stated that they will not have different models for the different ships in a class i.e. they won't have different nams on the ships, but the ships will have seperate names in the UI.