• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dutchemperor

General
36 Badges
Jul 7, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
I as the USA conquered Texas, new mexico and chihuahua from mexico. I had an event where Texas entered as a slave state. How can i make the other 2 also a slave state? With an event or do i have to edit the save file?

if i have to edit the save file please tell me what i have to edit and how i can find it.

i am now in 1840, so most of the times i have only 8 years to the acw but i want a big war. that is why i want those as slave state.

I as the USA conquered Texas, new mexico and chihuahua from mexico. I had an event where Texas entered as a slave state. How can i make the other 2 also a slave state? With an event or do i have to edit the save file?

if i have to edit the save file please tell me what i have to edit and how i can find it.

i am now in 1840, so most of the times i have only 8 years to the acw but i want a big war. that is why i want those as slave state.

They have to be states first. Encourage bureaucrats, but ONLY if the ones already there are not an unaccespted culture.

They have to be states first. Encourage bureaucrats, but ONLY if the ones already there are not an unaccespted culture.

i got the states from mexico so they are already a normal state. there is no colonial house. and also not a slave, but i want a slave there, so that is a slave ste. how can i change that?

I think you get to make one a slave state per peace treaty, but if you get more than one state you can only make one of them a slave state. The same coding problem occurs in EU3 with HRE provinces.

So the answer is, as they are already full states, you can't.

I think you get to make one a slave state per peace treaty, but if you get more than one state you can only make one of them a slave state. The same coding problem occurs in EU3 with HRE provinces.

So the answer is, as they are already full states, you can't.

can i edit it in the save file? i think so but i dont know where. the states are in the save file but i dont know wich number the states have, so that i can search them.

to win the war against mexico: i occupied the whole country and added the wargoals i wanted.

Last edited:
Did you try looking for slave_state: yes or anything like this?

Yes, but it says that it cant find it. so it is not there. and if it was even there how do i know if i am at the stae i want to edit?

They do. I've seen Vietnamese slaves in Tunisia.

well, something different.

Slavery was one of the reasons for Texas' seccession from Mexico. Not the only one of course, but it was one of them.

In the save file under your country there are entries that denote your states and what is in them. There is a place where you can change the tag on a state to make it a slave state. Search for "human=yes" to find your country entry and then a 2nd search for "is_slave=yes" and you'll be directed to one of your states that is tagged a slave state. Simply cut and paste the is_clave=yes line into the appropriate place to make non-slave states, slave states.

• 1Like
Reactions: