• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could someone please confirm, can I or can I not use PI patch 3.05 installer for FTM Steam version? Can't wait the official release from Steam. :(

so this one defines the amount of supplies through a port...ie when set at 6, each level of port can ship in 6 supplies, so a level 10 can bring in 60 (was 40 previously), and a level 1 can do 6 (was 4).

this means we've got a 50% efficiency increase from the last patch?

Exactly.

This is absolutely totally freakin awesome. I love it... thank you.

hoi34.jpg

Top speed = as fast as your PC can run it. Podcat might have optimised stuff further though, that's the kinda thing he does.

yeah there was an optimization graphics wise (but that uses cpu also) in mapmodes without trees, also convoy raiding code was pretty slow if there were many convoys and is faster now. probably other things as well

Bah no content, no new features only bugfixes. Whole FTM is patch.

you realize you posted this in a patch thread right? this patch doesnt have many features like the last one but focuses more on balance and fixing annoying problems, but imo highlighting selected air units/base range in air mapmode is pretty neat and the selection improvement. there are also a couple of new decisions and events which imo are at least small features in my book..

Could someone please confirm, can I or can I not use PI patch 3.05 installer for FTM Steam version? Can't wait the official release from Steam. :(

no, but someone mentioned on page one (I think) that there was some temporary solution zip file on the steam forums. I havent had a look so I cant confirm.

Last edited:
no, but someone mentioned on page one (I think) that there was some temporary solution zip file on the steam forums. I havent had a look so I cant confirm.

Yes, I noticed. I think I'll wait for the official release after all. Thank you for the patch & keep up the good work!

Bah no content, no new features only bugfixes. Whole FTM is patch.

Fewer annoying bugs = MORE PLEASURE PLAYING NOW. That is a HUGE feature!

I have already played for over a year game time, and it is the absolute best EXPERIENCE yet for me...

I can't thank you guys enough!

Any thought on 3.04 savegames running in 3.05? Restart or keep going?

You will have to restart withought a doubt to many changes!

I am glad to receive that which I paid $20 for at day 1. I won't thank you in any special way, because you don't deserve it.

Code:
- added possibility to select multiple units by holding SHIFT and pressing SELECT at the "selected units list" panel.

Best change ever? I think so.

Couldn't agree more - micro-managers rejoice!

And, if you don't mind me asking, what's next Paradox? The patches have come with far greater regularity than I can remember in other games. Are you still working with the community (ie. maps) and with Lothos on the Lua for future patches or is the core game about where you imagined it? Just curious, always like having something to look forward to. Anticipation if half the pleasure imo.

I am glad to receive that which I paid $20 for at day 1. I won't thank you in any special way, because you don't deserve it.

Does the fact I am doing this for free to make your game a happy experience mean anything hehe?

no I don't work for PI but I been working on this game since SF because I like it :)

Not wanting to be a party pooper but I don't know whether to be ecstatic at such a long list of bug fixes, or disappointed that there were (still) so many problems with the game...

Still, thanks for putting in some effort - even at this late stage. While no program is ever perfect and finally we have a reasonable platform for playing WW2 grand strategy, you have to admit that you might have fumbled a little bit with the HOI franchise this time around. Next time take smaller bites and chew your food properly before trying to swallow...

- ships take more strength damage from combat

Does this include damage from CAGs etc, or just ship-to-ship damage?

Edit: rather than wait for a reply, I went ahead and loaded the "Day of Infamy" starting point and tried carrier combat out myself. And the verdict is... damage to ships from CAGs is way up, carriers are extremely dangerous even to battleships, and port strikes are actually somewhat effective. That's with 1941 tech, of course.

Last edited:
Not wanting to be a party pooper but I don't know whether to be ecstatic at such a long list of bug fixes, or disappointed that there were (still) so many problems with the game...

Still, thanks for putting in some effort - even at this late stage. While no program is ever perfect and finally we have a reasonable platform for playing WW2 grand strategy, you have to admit that you might have fumbled a little bit with the HOI franchise this time around. Next time take smaller bites and chew your food properly before trying to swallow...

I usually play games with little or no support, as that is the prime and superior evidence of the game being flawless at release.