• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThreeHead

Recruit
101 Badges
Jun 11, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
[size=+2]I thought it might be a good idea to start a suggestions thread.
Feel free to add anything.

For more details check this STEAM forum thread
http://steamcommunity.com/app/200370/discussions/0/864949483127486117/
[/size]​

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Things that have been suggested multiple times
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• Refillable Tiles(so you can fill up those nasty dungeons and mistakes)

• Smithing

• Ability to rename dwarves

• Warning messages when a dwarf goes too long without food

• Warning messages when your stockpile is full

• Warning messages when there is a fight occurring

• The ability to move / buy fertile soil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Squirt185
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mouse-over grave stones for with the name, rank and role of the dead dwarf.

• Ability to bind accelerate time to a key

deadmeat1471

• An interface with all the dwarfs and a way to upgrade them from there

Zerverus

• "Something to have dwarves age, like adding grey beards to high level dwarfs or something like that.
I feel like every dwarf civilization needs long beards around to help guide them through dark times!"

dhB.Jademalo

• "The ability to fertilize ground (Not cheap, but it's horrible having to have a section of farm in my dining hall) Would work well with being able to refill blocks."

• "An explanation with regards to "x1 electricity = 50 electricity."
It makes little sense because; why shouldn't it just say 50 electricity? Why is it x1? Another example is that an x8 chest gives 100 storage space. What on earth does the x8 mean then?"

• An option on custom game to start with just the king, the throne, and the well.

• The ability to move the well

Ser Tristan

• Respawning enemies (for long skirmishes)(maybe a gamemode?)

Xanem

• The ability to place decorative floors on the bridges

• The ability to sell/move read tablets

• A key-binding to reset the view-rotation

• The ability to place floors the same way you place dig orders (drag and drop to form a square/rectangle)

• A text pop-up clarifying what resource you are missing when you try to build something you don't have the resources for

t0x

• More expert professions (like with the warrior dwarfs)

• Female dwarfs

• More interaction with objects beside eating

• I would have liked to have seen events with A, B, C that come up.
As in, "Arvin, would like to become a researcher, but he's been a warrior for quite a while.."
and I can pick what I want to do, different morality choices, or choosing guns even better.

"We've found some stout elven wine, shall we sell it, or pass it amongst the clan?"

• The ability to give your dwarves nicknames beside their official name

• Temples

• Marketplaces

• Guilds ( Smithing guilds, trapmaking guilds etc etc)

City Builder

• The ability to not let the intro movie display altogether instead of having to skip it every time

• Would be nice that if I have an object (like a bed) on the end of my cursor and I hold down the left mouse button to spin the item that then the item is not automatically stuck to the floor when I release the left mouse button, instead it should rotate to the position that I desire but NOT stick to the floor, instead it should simply be rotated to the position that I rotated it to and still attached to the end of my cursor so that I can then change where I might want to place the object. I know of quite a few games that do this and it's very much more convenient than sticking it to the floor and then having to pick it up again to move it over one block or 10 blocks.

• A sensitivity adjustment for the camera

• aps: Would like to see an assortment of maps of varying sizes, for example a grass Large map instead of only the snow large map, and a snow small map instead of just the small map that is available now, I guess what I'm asking for / suggesting is that one of each type of map should be in the game or each size that is available to offer maximum playability for those that want to play on a specific type of map.

• More information (cold hard numbers if at all possible) that tells me how much my population is eating compared to how much food I am producing in my kingdom. There have already been times that I'm watching my food stocks dwindle down and am left wondering how in the world my small population of only 9 to 10 dwarves could possibly be eating the masses of food plants that I've got in my kingdom.

• A hotkey & mouse scroll wheel that will let me scroll down or up a level, for example holding down Ctrl while scrolling my mouse wheel will scroll up or down a level in the game instead of zooming in and out, and when using the mouse wheel without a hot key held down the zoom would act as it does currently.

• !!! Lock the mouse to the game screen when in full screen mode. It's really annoying to have the mouse slide off the right side of my screen when I want to scroll in that direction because I have 2 monitors. Most games either lock the mouse to the full screen game screen or they at least have an option that the user can check that will lock the mouse to the screen that the game is playing full screen on. !!!

Grimlar

• The option to turn of the dwarven prince conversations

• Adding the ability to change the angle in free look mode so you can see the ceiling

DaHumieGotmag

• An option to resize the letter size

Sir Alestair Oakheart

• The Dwarves could have unique character traits.
Like for example one is very lazy, so he works less than other or an other one eat more than others ( so he uses more food ).
Random things like that ! :D

Screwdriver

• Last names for dwarves

Last edited:
A interface with all the dorfs on it and + signs to upgrade them would be nice, though not necessary. Purely an optional bonus tool!

A interface with all the dorfs on it and + signs to upgrade them would be nice, though not necessary. Purely an optional bonus tool!

In the top interface you can click the dwarf icons (like the crown for the prince etc), and the camera will move to that dwarf. I realize it's not exactly what you suggested, but it saves time. There is also keyboard shortcuts for that maneuver.

1. More overall stats in the tool tips please.
Please use the tool tips and give us the information on each item that we mouse over so that we know how much happiness points it produces, or in the case of food, how much it costs to maintain that plant etc. Do this for each object like beds, in the tool tip it should tell me the at the very minimum, the stats that are shown when we go to build the items. If food plants produce differing amounts of food depending on the plant then the game should tell us that too in the tool tip.

2. Hot key + mouse scroll wheel to move up or down a layer.
Allow us to hold down Shift and scroll our mouse wheel to move up or down a layer in the game.

Last edited:
1. More overall stats in the tool tips please.
Please use the tool tips and give us the information on each item that we mouse over so that we know how much happiness points it produces, or in the case of food, how much it costs to maintain that plant etc.

When a plant runs out it cost the same amount as it would to plant a new one. So maintainance is the cost of the plant.

Yes, but I'd like to see that in the tool tip when I mouse over the plant, I would rather not have to go and pause the game by opening the menu to see how much that plant cost to maintain when it runs out.

A lot of people are asking for a lot of things in the tool-tips. . . . All of them good stuff too. They will soon take up half the screen when you mouse over something.
:laugh:

1. Automate the trade system:
Allow us to set a maximum amount for each resource to keep in stock. Then every time that resources goes over that limit by the minimum number of that resource that can be sold, have the game automatically trade it to Helmsfort for the gold. So for example, I set my maximum stock number for wood to be that I keep 500 wood in stock. When my wood reaches 510 then the game would automatically sell those 10 wood to Helmsfort for the gold.

This would be an optional use sort of thing. If the player left the setting for each resource to 0 or none then none would be traded and they would need to continue trading manually as we do now.

Reason for this: Simple, I'd rather be out exploring and creating and killing rather than have to keep going back to the trade window to make sure that I have enough gold to build what I want to build in the game and quite honestly, I don't want to have 10,000 wood stockpiled and have to click the sell button 100 times to get rid of it. If it were automated it would never get over 500 or 1000 or whatever I set it to.

This would allow the player to concentrate on the fun bits in the game and have a constant income coming in from Helmsfort by selling off the surplus resources automatically for them.

1. Automate the trade system:
Allow us to set a maximum amount for each resource to keep in stock. Then every time that resources goes over that limit by the minimum number of that resource that can be sold, have the game automatically trade it to Helmsfort for the gold. So for example, I set my maximum stock number for wood to be that I keep 500 wood in stock. When my wood reaches 510 then the game would automatically sell those 10 wood to Helmsfort for the gold.

This would be an optional use sort of thing. If the player left the setting for each resource to 0 or none then none would be traded and they would need to continue trading manually as we do now.

Reason for this: Simple, I'd rather be out exploring and creating and killing rather than have to keep going back to the trade window to make sure that I have enough gold to build what I want to build in the game and quite honestly, I don't want to have 10,000 wood stockpiled and have to click the sell button 100 times to get rid of it. If it were automated it would never get over 500 or 1000 or whatever I set it to.

This would allow the player to concentrate on the fun bits in the game and have a constant income coming in from Helmsfort by selling off the surplus resources automatically for them.
Love this idea. Awesome!

I mentioned this in another thread, but I better put it here too.

A level editor to seed and create our own maps, scenarios.

And Steam Workshop integration so we can share these maps and challenges with a community of players.

Perhaps a mode with waves of spawning enemies so you have more use for traps. Maybe you could activate the waves when your ready. The waves get tougher each time maybe.

Perhaps a mode with waves of spawning enemies so you have more use for traps. Maybe you could activate the waves when your ready. The waves get tougher each time maybe.

Something like that would be great. In some caves there could be mob spawners where enemies respawn from time to time or in "easy mode" when you tell them to. :)

I just posted almost the exact same thing in another topic that was discussing replay value. For me being able to unleash a wave of enemies when I feel like it to test out my defenses and see how my troops hold up would add a lot of replay value to the game. With each wave getting stronger and stronger and between waves I could bolster up the weak spots in my defenses to see if I could do any better.

Wow, most of these suggestions if not all sound really great and remind me of some other games like 'Cultures'.

From what I've currently experienced so far I find the rotating of objects to often be quite annoying. Something that could easily be resolved with a key binding for rotating objects. This adds to a suggestion that has already been mentioned:

• Would be nice that if I have an object (like a bed) on the end of my cursor and I hold down the left mouse button to spin the item that then the item is not automatically stuck to the floor when I release the left mouse button, instead it should rotate to the position that I desire but NOT stick to the floor, instead it should simply be rotated to the position that I rotated it to and still attached to the end of my cursor so that I can then change where I might want to place the object. I know of quite a few games that do this and it's very much more convenient than sticking it to the floor and then having to pick it up again to move it over one block or 10 blocks.

So instead of holding down the left mouse button to initiate rotation, you could just press a key to rotate without placing the object yet.

As it is now, it's sometimes really hard to get that ladder in the right position especially with the bug going around that your camera can get locked. Even if that bug does get resolved I think a key binding would still be faster than dragging your mouse around, misplacing the object and having to move it and/or re-position it again.

This isn't really a feature suggestion but Id appreciate if you could patch a vertical synch option into the options menu.

Yes, this would be nice. In the meantime you can activate it by editing the user_settings.config file in the Appdata/Roaming/Zeal Game Studio/A Game of Dwarves folder. Just set the appropriate setting to "true". Don't know why they haven't included an option for this as it seems to run without problems...

1. Enemy Spawning.

The way that I think that enemy spawning should be done is the following. Any place underground where the player has dug out the ground, and NOT covered it with one of the wood floorings and not covered the walls with one of the wall coverings would have a small chance that an enemy might spawn there as long as it's dark. If however, the player has covered all of the floor in the tunnels and rooms with flooring and covered all of the walls in the tunnels and rooms with wall coverings then there is no chance that an enemy would spawn in that area.

This would have to be an option so that people that don't want spawning enemy would not have it, it would have to be turned on in the options panel to get it to work. The enemies in the rooms as it is now would remain the same although they'll still need to adjust the spawning so that level 50 boss mobs don't spawn in a room only 6 levels below the level that the game starts the player on.

Also, the enemy will not spawn on the same level that the player is on when the player digs out the ground unless it's a room on the same level, I'm talking about "spawning enemy" like what I mentioned above, that would only occur when the player has dug out ground and not covered the walls or floors on levels other than the level where the player starts out, this would be done so that the player is not immediately bombarded with enemies spawning inside of his own kingdom rooms when he has had no possible way to cover the floors and walls at the very start of the game.

I will copy here one of my posts, just for the records:

<<Yes, there's the happiness side effect, and about happiness i would like to spend some words:
i guess the happiness factor is "too easy to obtain".
From what i saw in my game, i just need to decorate a little the first level of my base, and, even if i dig to level 20, without a single decoration in alla the 19 floors, my happiness stays at maximum.

My suggestion here:
make the happiness factor based on the levels you discover, so that, ok, you want to dig deeper, but you need to decorate and create more living space, if you don't want your hapiness to drop!!
Also, make happiness low levels give much more malus.>>

Thinking about this, i guess that walls/floor sections (stone or wood), give too much happiness factor, i would try to experiment starting from 1/10 of the actual 1* happiness.

Last edited: