• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So who should be next on the hit list? Italy, the British Empire or finish off Russia? I'm Germany and my vassals are Belarus and the Ukraine.

V2_MAP_GER_188511_1.jpg

This is a mod, btw.

what's the countries populating the Canada?

Everyone's favourite entrée strikes back:

johore_small.jpg

Full size picture

*100% of Muraleve and 75 % of Jambi & Brunei pops (Malay) are accepted culture to Johore. Javanese would've been total strangers.
Acquisition of Jambi tripled Johore's primary culture population. All of them boosted average literacy.
Atjeh, Siamese Singapore & Pattani regions, British Singapore region and island of Bali (+upper Muraleve colonisation) would be left if I were to continue uniting Malayans.

Last edited:
Everyone's favourite entrée strikes back:

johore_small.jpg

Full size picture

*100% of Muraleve and 75 % of Jambi & Brunei pops (Malay) are accepted culture to Johore. Javanese would've been total strangers.
Acquisition of Jambi tripled Johore's primary culture population. All of them boosted average literacy.
Atjeh, Siamese Singapore & Pattani regions, British Singapore region and island of Bali (+upper Muraleve colonisation) would be left if I were to continue uniting Malayans.

Futile unless you conquer Guangdong and the other Yue (accepted) chinese provinces. Guangdong has 4m. The british (who must've sphered you by now) will crush the chinese and give you what you want.

Did you make yugoslavia in the end? Was that what you were aiming for?

No Serbia doesnt need Yugoslavia!

by 1922, the game wouldnt continue. I was in a great war against France and her allied with my fascist allies, UK and Germany. I think the game couldn't handle the troop movement or something.

RG6CG.jpg

There were a lot of fascism in this game, and almost no communists. The fascist states: Serbia, Germany, Austria (for 30 years, then went democracy, but fascists still in power), Turkey, Greece, Russia, Italy, Spain, Britain.

No Serbia doesnt need Yugoslavia!

by 1922, the game wouldnt continue. I was in a great war against France and her allied with my fascist allies, UK and Germany. I think the game couldn't handle the troop movement or something.

RG6CG.jpg

There were a lot of fascism in this game, and almost no communists. The fascist states: Serbia, Germany, Austria (for 30 years, then went democracy, but fascists still in power), Turkey, Greece, Russia, Italy, Spain, Britain.

Is that you in Greenland?

That map is very familiar, did you take Croatia's coast from Italy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed where it was from. Krakow, really? Zululand would have been more interesting..

Last edited:
1. Why didn't you take Java from the Dutch?
2. Why are you at war with Transvaal?

1. I did later, when Netherlands decided to DoW me with hopes of getting Jambi back.
Quite uneventful. Just had to occupy everything and lure their stack to Madura. Then blockade it. If I hadn't built 5 Men of war (with 0 upkeep even in war - Jambi wasn't profitable like Java) I would've lost - still Netherland's naval action with only 2 steamers was pathetic.
2. Only possible civilised target within reach (meaning not more than one or two regular brigades to fight against - i had only 5 or 6 irregulars at the time of that picture). I wanted another state so I could have more by the time I civilized. Atjeh could always be taken and converted later due to favourable population. Gold province states are nice for industrialising because they have such small RGOs. Also low value goods states (like Two Sicilies has), hence Christmas islands colonisation (it might not grow, but at least there's plenty of opportunity for some of the unemployed colonial javans).
johore_java1856.jpg

johore_1879.jpg

Dutch Asia, now with a bittersweet taste :D

Last edited:
Below is the first 'serious' game I've played in Vic 2. It's not a particularly impressive attempt, but I am still learning the mechanics. At least I managed to industrialize without causing my economy to crash & burn, though those idiot capitalists certainly made a valiant effort to do so, what with their... artillery factory spam.

v2_1.png

My only other possessions are Johore (first conquest, purely for the precious metals) and Brunei. The latter was the result of me prowling around for oil in the early-mid aughts, and Brunei was the only unsphered, unallied unciv w/ oil that I could find. Later, an oil event did fire for Nejd's northern state a few years ago, and I quickly snatched it up.

I westernized around, oh... 1873 or 1874. Could've done it around the turn of the decade, but I had somehow avoided getting sphered by that point, so I waited a few years in the vain hope that someone would sphere me. Half the GPs tried, but... well, they somehow got themselves into an influence stalemate, so I just went ahead and westernized anyway.

v2_1a.jpg

Ranks higher because I saved, exited out, then realized I'd forgotten to take the above pic. When I loaded up said save, my rank had gone up. Guess I was tied with someone? Meh.

Highest Rank I achieved was #9 in the 1910s, though only for a few months. At the time, a good chunk of my industry was based on automobiles and, to a lesser extent, aeroplanes. Then, my supply of rubber more or less stopped, causing a 1/3rd drop in my industrial score, as well as massive amounts of unemployment among craftsmen and clerks.

V2_MAP_PER_1926114_1.png
World Map. Nothing weird, 'cept for the "Swedish Russian Empire" in northern Siberia.

Last edited: