• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What makes you say that?

In a 2-pack game there will be roughly 14 baddies at the start of the game.
The chance that they hunt (randomly) both a baddie in the first 2 turns is roughly 4%.
Of course that can happen, but IMO it's quite unlikely.

In a 3-pack game with 21 baddies at the start, the chance that 2 baddies are killed in the first 2 hunts is much higher.
Therefore I consider a 3-pack game way much more likely.

@ AVN

21 baddies? It's a 42 player game, I think the normal amount of wolves is usually ~1/4 not 1/2. A pack, in my experience at least, is usually 3 or 4 players. For a 42 player game this would result in 10 baddies (rounding down from 10.5 and thinking that Johho probably did this and balanced it by loading them up with traits) so that's 2 packs + cultists. In Big games I've played one 3 wolf 1 cultist game and one 4 wolf 0 cultist game, 3 wolves 2 cultists isn't out of the question here, nor 4 wolves 1 cultist. Given the sequence of no hunt, jonti-h, sbr (we think formerly blessed) it makes sense to conclude that there are two packs of ~5 each rather than 3 packs of 3-4.

If there were exactly 21 baddies, we'd hit parity night 0. Oops.

:rofl:

You can't hit parity when more than one pack is alive.

As amusing as that scenario sounds, starting at parity, the wolves would be virtually guaranteed a win, short of lynching the last two wolves from either pack on the same day.

It also gives me the feeling that the three packs are in contact with each other now, and are cooperating ...
And to be honest, that doesn't bode well for the village ...

Baddie tell.

How would you know there are 3 packs? Until now we've only seen Red and Yellow wolves. What are you trying to tell us?

Is that some gloating post, that you'll be able to say "haha guise I told you about the 3 packs 158 pages ago, but no one listeneed!11!!! I pwzor you!!" when the game is over?!?

WHAT IS THIS! We demand answers.

Official vote count, 22h 59min to deadline

Slinky - 2 - TheExecuter2, AVN
EUROO7 - 1 - Najs

not voted - lots - Slinky, joebethegreat, Rysz, Rendap, Rockingluke, drxav, Boris ze Spider, Davisx3m, Cakravati, OrangeYoshi, snoopdogg2, randakar, Sedracus, Athalcor, theFreeman, Vainglory, Kaetje, EUROO7, Paendrag, XenomorphII, humancalculator, Trinitrotoluen, Kingepyon, walrus, trespoe, tamius23, jacob-Lundgren

Missed one vote - 2 - Boris ze Spider, Slinky

I've heard of some insane GMs, like that game in which there were no wolves, but that would be excessive.

It's pretty common in games with this many people. I believe Johho has had one game with a setup like that previously. It's balanced because there are so many packs. They're fighting amongst themselves as much as they are fighting against the village.