• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador and Belize offers to sign a trade agreement with Belgium to export exotic Central American goods.

OOC: Like fruit. :D

The Kingdom of Belgium accepts the offer of Guatamala to trade.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: I'm feeling hungry :p

His Majesty's Government is please to announce the following Treaty has been signed with the Heavenly Kingdom.

The Treaty of Shanghai

The signatories agree to uphold the terms of this Treaty, on their honour as Gentlemen and civilised leaders of nations. Furthermore, it is to be made clear to all who look upon this Treaty, that the parties enter into it regarding each other as equals, and that we regard a long, profitable and happy friendship as the goal. The parties therefore agree to the following articles:

1. The parties hereby enter into a military alliance, for the protection and good of both nations.

2. The Heavenly Kingdom recognises all Imperial possessions in China, namely, Tibet, Hong Kong, Weihai, Yantai, Qingdao, Macao and any others as the rightful property of the British Empire, and shall respect their borders, people and rights as such.

3. His Majesty's Government shall encourage investment in Chinese industry, railroads and other areas.

4. The Heavenly Kingdom shall open up China for trade, allowing Market Freedom in China.

5. His Majesty's Government shall build an Ironclad as a gift to the Taiping Emperor, to serve as his flagship.

6. The Heavenly Kingdom and British Empire shall begin to encourage trade between the two nations.

7. His Majesty's Government shall loan the Heavenly Kingdom 582 Gold Units at 5% Annual interest rate.

[X] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of His Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India
[] - Representative of the Emperor of the Heavenly Kingdom

OOC: That seems like a poor deal for china....

OOC: That seems like a poor deal for china....

OOC: Well, he gets protection (not necessarily like he needs it) from the UK, a free ironclad (which I and Japan lack), and a heap of gold (though a loan with interest) to spend his wildest dreams on.

OOC: Considering that another term has already been fulfilled, and that term was getting him into power in the first place, I think I've been very generous. All I asked was that I get to keep what was already mine...

OOC: I don't think it's a very good treaty for China

OOC: I'm pretty sure you have to have to have naval tech 7 to build an Ironclad

Time to make a chart of Navy Levels.

The Kingdom of Belgium offers to sign a trade agreement with the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.

Leopold I,King of the Belgiums

Colombia
colombia+grenadine+federation.png

We send the following message out to every citizen of every nation. You are welcome in Colombia!

No matter whether you be Chinese or Irish, rich or poor, male or female, all are welcome upon our shores, where a home, a job, food, stability and a better life awaits. No other nation can offer these things!

Leave War torn Europe! Leave Famine struck Asia! Come to Colombia! The land of Prosperity!

OOC: Colombia and some other south American nations don't have push/pull factor on the stats. And shouldn't war affect the push/pull factor? *looks at argentina and Brazil* :)

Last edited:
View attachment 51569

True Americans! Our nation is at peace, but its soul is fractured. In the following years I aim to put our nation on a new course, a better course, one without those that would hold us back, which will strengthen and bind our nation together.

I am in the process of bringing to Congress several amendments which, is successful, will ensure every citizen of our nation will share the same rights and have the same privileges as the rest, turning our nation into a true land of Liberty and Equality.

Under my careful guidance our industry has grown, and will boom now war is behind us. This has been paralleled by advances in the development of railroads and telegraph lines, connecting and uniting our nation more than ever before.

With our new army and navy, our nation is a force to be reckoned with, and can no longer be ignored in the international theatre; I thereby re-declare the Monroe Doctrine. For too long have Europeans treated the Americas, North and South, as their play thing. The French intervention in Mexico and Spanish intervention against Brazil shows that imperialism is yet to leave our lands. The peaceful transition in Belize between the local government and the British should be seen as a template for a mutually beneficial, post-imperial world.

To the Copperheads: I am pleased that you saw sense. Our nation is taking steps to recover from a vicious war, one which we shall need time to recover. The British are not our enemies; blood was split needlessly, but this was accidental, and apologies have been shared. We should not end one war only to begin one which is unjustified.

To people wishing to leave wartorn lands; our nation is building, we have land not only recovering from war, but that which is virgin, untouched and ripe for settlement. I personally promise every new citizen a home and land to live upon, as long as they respect the American way of life and give that which is their due.

I have hope for the future, a united future where America shall be whole again. Until then, we will bide our time, and the American Eagle shall spread its wings. This I promise all Americans.

OOC: Someone will have to create me a flag if you want me to use one.

My stance, on basically but maybe not but probably everything, is the same as it ever might have been. I don't really care what the Copperheads think. They're undeniably idiots though there's a minor chance that they are of course inbred and thereby worthy of being shot at birth. There'll certainly, possibly, could be, not sure, the opposite of a negative from me if a nation decides not to recognise the South.

Also, I'm genuinely unclear what the South has done that the Union hasn't towards slavery. Unless you just mean freeing those that fought for the South? I'm sure the White Southerners will continue to support that policy.

Last edited:
OOC: Yes, we've freed the blacks that fought for us, which is more than you can say. As Missouri and Kentucky are still slave states, meaning you still had a couple hundred slaves in your nation.

And I'm taking that we are allowed to sign permanent alliances with each other now? As I thought the "No alliances" rule was still in effect.

OOC: I guess it's fine as long as we don't trigger another world war..., at least not for the next 5 years or so

OOC: BREAKING NEWS
MANCHU EMPEROR DECLARES WAR ON USA
79 MANCHU IRONCLADS ATTACK PEARL HARBOR, KILLING SEVERAL MILLION
AUSTRIA MOVES TO SUPPORT MANCHU OFFENSIVE
ENGLAND FINALLY INVADES ANTARCTICA, LOOKING FOR SECRET DICTATOR BRANDED AS "ILLUMINATI"

more information on page A9

Last edited:
OOC : Wasn't page A8 about how 500 brazilian conscripts invaded Manchu, beat 500.000 Manchu regulars and annexed the country? :p
So how the Manchurians are on page A9, that comes after A8?

Also, USA, how many states do you have atm? Might try to help you with the flag, tough i don't believe i can do a good one >.>

Last edited: