• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
** The Republic of Chile, from the Office of the Chief of Staff **

Declaration of the Republican Cause
General Gonzales and Senator Bevan have been revealed to be infiltrators - collaborators working for the usurper government in Panama! This of course invalidates them from participating in any future elections or participation in the Republic of Chile, and they will eventually face trial, along with de Conti.

Speaking of which, the de Conti government, regardless of fighting against the Chilean State now, recognized it and its aims of a authoritarian society purged of the Left in the Accession declaration of De Conti - regardless of his actions hereforward, that is enough basis for his trial for treason, espionage, and providing aid and comfort to the enemy in the future.

And make no mistake, de Conti was illegitimate long before this. When he refused the checks and balances placed on the office of President, causing a constitutional crisis with the current Chief of Staff General Rios, and attempted to blatantly stack the army with generals of a single ideology - conservatism - and all part of the Patriota-Republicano coalition - he should have been, by law and by the precedent established in the Broken Promises situation - where unfortunately the heroes lost and the villains one - arrested and tried by the Congreso.

The resistance holds true to the ideals stated by Gonzales even though he does not: we want to restore the Republic of Chile, a multiparty Republican Democracy, but to structure the Fourth Republic in such a way that the President does not have so much power, so the legislature has more of an ability to check the actions of the executive branch that has been so riotous in Chilean history - the president, the ministries, and the military.

We are fighting for this goal. Not the monarchists in Santiago, nor the Zepeda style dictatorship in Panama. Only the mainland resistance, with autonomy from outside forces, will be able to legitimately elect the Acting President that will guide Chile through Chile through the struggle for Liberation and oversee IMMEDIATE ELECTIONS following the fall of the mainland Junta.

And then, after we reestablish the Republic, we will go after the Panama Junta, which wishes to enslave Chile all over again.

Viva republica!
- Dio Guerrero, the Chief of Staff, Republic of Chile.​

Last edited:
*Memorandum from the Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs*​

Though today I speak before the whole of the Congreso, I wish to address this manuscript to the citizens of Nationalist Chile who currently reside in exodus within the confines of the Nationalist province of Panama. The recent pamphlet of sin and debauchery released by one Dio Guerrero clearly and succinctly highlights the differences that we all have with him. Guerrero holds the support of no one, and he agitates against our established Government and your provisional organization.

It is clear that he is an enemy to all of us, and he must be pursued as such. Perhaps with a common cause, we can begin down the path of re-unification.

Minister Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

de Conti has far more legitimacy than a man who did try to overthrow the Republic, and still claims to be the rightful Chief of Staff. I will not run away to Panama, I will stay in Chile and fight for the Republic. But to put it bluntly, I will not fight for Dio Guerrero.

Last edited:
General Guerrero is exaggerating. We were discussing a possible alliance with de Conti. de Conti is still the last elected president, but neither me nor Bevan have any ties to the Panama government. In the matter of fact I turned down an offer from them. If general Guerrero want to leave the Resistance he can do so, in the meantime we will discuss throughly what our relation with the Panama government is, and what kind of alliance possibilities there are. The Resistance will continue to hold true the principles I laid forward, and as Guerrero said our goal is immediate elections. That is something we will never nudge on. I would prefer if general Guerrero don't spread false information about his brothers-in-arms. Both me and senator Bevan are still members of the Resistance and we have no relation to the Panama government. All we have done is discussed the possibility of allying with them. Hes says he wants democracy, well dialog about our policies instead of his dictatorial decrees are democratic.

How many Chilean Chiefs of Staff does it take to change one of those new fangled lightbulbs?

General Rios
Also Chief of Staff

You accuse me of being a coward, and then state that it is I who damages your public image?

I cannot negotiate with a man who will not even afford me the dignity deserved to my office and my career.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

Then I ask for your forgiveness for my insult. But dont come in here telling everyone that I cut off peacetalks when its clearly yourself who did so.. I had accepted your peace deal. It is only yourself dividing the republic now. For everyone's sake cut the acting and accept the damned deal.

It is Gonzales and Bevan who have left the resistance. I was among the first to resist, I've built this organization from the ground up with Pablo Garcia. You two hanger oners have not even been in our camp for a year and you have now been ejected, free to do what it is you want - build an organization dedicated to yourselves, built around your own egos.

I on the other hand will still be searching for free men and women out to restore the Republic. As always I fight for democracy - I fought against the unconstitutiona purges of Rivera, the unconstitutional centralization of power in the executive of de Conti, and fought against the Fernandez-de Conti plot alongside Haakalein.

Which brings me to the subject of you, Rios.

You are no legitimate chief of Staff. The legitimate government of Chile ended when President Rivera committed the Great Purge. I was Chief of Staff at the time meaning until the legislature appoints a new one I am still Chief of Staff. And even if you had ever been Chief of Staff, you are no longer - I was in personal conference with Haakalein, he was a good man and a patriot of Chilean democracy who fully intended to have no "transitional period" or "temporary dictatorship" - as soon as we won the country we were going to establish universal suffrage, secret ballot voting, everything.

But you, I fully believe that you made a bad situation worst by responding to de Conti's attempts to stack the military to stage a coup with your own attempts to stage a coup. I believe it when the nacionalists of the Patriotas and Republicanos before the civil war said that you had tried to entice them into a coup. I refuse to surrender my Constitutional authority to an opportunist and war-profiteer.

- Guerrero, Chief of Staff, Republic of Chile

But you did not answer my question about lightbulbs Senor.

I don't believe reshuffling troops without the Chief of Staff's permissions constitiutes either a Great purge or the end of legitimate government. No one else does either.

Can anyone provide illumination on my question?

General Rios

The 1901 Candidates​

John-michel-by-william-notman.jpg

Fernandez ((thekinguter))

Jingoism/Moralism/State Capitalism/Free Trade/Limited Citizenship [0+0+0+1+1=2]

Karl_Schroeder.png

Mateo Sáez ((Seek75))

Jingoism/Atheism/State Capitalism/Protectionism/Residency [0+3+0+0+0=3]​

State Capitalism: The state must intervene in the economy in order to make sure no one class is oppressing another, so as to promote complete and total unity within the Fatherland, as well as to make sure every Chilean is doing the most he possibly can to benefit the Fatherland. I also advocate as low taxes as possible without running a deficit.

Protectionism: Chilean products and industry must be protected at all costs, so as to make sure the Chilean economy is as strong as can be.

Jingoism: Our military must be dominate. The military is the lifeblood of the Fatherland, what keeps it protected and free from the foreign hordes. The military, first and foremost, must be prioritized above all else.

Residency: We must keep the foreign hordes OUT! The Fatherland belongs to the Chileans, and NO ONE ELSE!

Atheism: We rule not by the will of God, but by the will of the Chilean people. National policies under me will therefore reflect this.

Also, if I am to become El Caudillo, I will make sure that the Restoration Act is vetoed. The Fatherland does not want nor need a monarch, and putting one on the throne is to betray the National Revolution and betray the legacy of brave men such as Sebastian Carrow or Sebastian Roseno.

Pes_18339.jpg

Severiano Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins))

Pro-Military/Moralism/State Capitalism/Protectionism/Full Citizenship [1+0+0+0+2=3]​

"I have not stated this before, but these are my policies:

"Protectionism; we must continue our support for Chilean industry, and eventually become self-sufficient.

"State Capitalism; the government has to have the right of intervention in the economy to assist growth or prevent contraction.

"Pro-Military; as strong military will be necessary, not only to remain hegemon of South America, but also to combat any potential insurgencies.

"Full Citizenship; immigration must continue to be encouraged, in order that we might have a constant influx of new ideas and new talents.

"Moralism; we must return to our heritage as a Catholic nation, one where the primacy of the Church in religious matters is respected.

"Furthermore, my other aims are as follows: South American Unity, to be achieved without the UPCA and Mexico if not possible; Safety Regulations Reform, to ensure that workers are able to work with minimal risk of harm; and Overseas Influence, the gaining of satellites elsewhere in the world to provide markets for Chilean goods.

"I exhort you to vote not only with your brain, but also with your heart and your soul. Make the right choice this election."

general-custer.jpg

Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117))

Jingoism/Moralism/Laissez-Faire/Protectionism/Limited Citizenship [0+0+2+0+1=3]

Greetings, proud people of Chile!:

I stand before you among a number of great men of our nation as a candidate for becoming Caudillo. The policies that shall be instituted in my Presidency are below.

Jingoism: The Army of Chile is the strongest on the continent, and one of the greatest in the world. We must keep it this way, not only for national prestige, but to strike fear into the hearts that plan our destruction either from across the borders or in our very homeland.

Moralism: Chile is, by right and by creation, a nation of Christian Catholics; I plan to keep it this way.

Laissez-Faire: Our industry has been growing exponentially for many years now, without much assistance by the government. Government intervention in the economy could bring about a recession and even an economic depression that could destroy our vaunted prestige and our economy, both of which dominate South America.

Protectionism: Though trade with other nations is good, we must keep our economy on top. A small protective tariff should protect companies here in Chile from foreign competition.

Limited Citizenship: The rapid influx of immigrants from around the world is flooding into Chile. Though we are known for our rights and democratic ideas, the rights and thoughts of the Chilean people should be forefront on the minds of all instead of the immigrants arriving daily.

Luis_emilio_recabarren.jpg

Caitan Crazzio ((Cavebear3000))

Jingoism/Moralism/Laissez-Faire/Free Trade/Full Citizenship[0+0+2+1+2=5]​

Free Market- I believe that an open economy leads to greater international control of the markets. As a veteran of international business affairs, I can conclusively state that a free market leads to a more economically progressive Chile.

Laizzes Faire- After you're through moan about sleazy capitalists whose only goal is to bring down the nation and further their own goals. The economy needs no "guiding hand of the government" in order to prosper. We need only let the industrious have free reign over our economy in order to exponentially grow our wealth and employ millions (more)!

Full Citizenship- CHILE FOR THE CHILEANS... has many downsides, you racists. Immigrants have proven to be the lifeblood of our economy and if we don't let them in they will instead saturate the markets of Brazilians and the Yankees.

Moralism- Chile for the devout! Chile for the Upright! That shall be our motto while I am Caudillo. With a moralistic society comes social order and stability. I am sure all of my fellow nationalists agree on this issue so I need say little more (as it truly is not the most important thing to focus on as of now)

Jingoism- This policy absolutely speaks for itself. Down with transgressors, down with traitors, long live the nationalistas, etc. If I don't make myself clear please talk to a soldier, as military matters bore me to no end.

could I make this my picture?

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Okay, listen up for the new voting system.

1) If you're not a member of government, you get 1 vote
2) The military divides 10 votes between its duly appointed members - this practically means most generals have 2 votes
3) The government (party establishment) divides 10 votes between its members, expecting El Caudillo - this means most ministers have 2 votes
4) El Caudillo can't vote in his own election, but has 4 votes in other matters, such as bills
5) El Caudillo has the power of complete veto but cannot unilaterally pass legislation (yet)
6) There are no term limits anymore.

This comes into effect this presidential ballot. Since I told you we'd use old-fashioned voting for the votes on the Absolution and Restoration bills, we will. Both have passed.

I decided not to implement a structural incumbency advantage.

VOTE! I need your vote for Fernandez, Sáez, Miramontes, Hidalgo, or Crazzio.

As always, remember to bold your votes or they might not be counted. You still can't vote for yourself.

I don't have platforms from basically anyone. You ought to send them - remember, we don't have primaries any more. Also, you might want to choose new pictures. I'm picking yours basically at random.

A sample ballot would look like:
President: Fernandez/Sáez/Miramontes/Hidalgo/Crazzio

This poll will end at 10:00 AM PST on the 3rd (two days) or if 25 votes are reached before that - as unlikely as that now is.

Last edited:
I will be registering my vote for Fernandez. As he will tell you, I am Minister for Foreign Affairs at this time. Thus, I believe my vote would count for two, unless some technicality forbids this.

Minister Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

I
The legitimate government of Chile ended when President Rivera committed the Great Purge.

- Guerrero, Chief of Staff, Republic of Chile

And this is where we disagree most. The Republic fell when Rios and Fernandez both betrayed it. While the Great Purge was a disastrous policy, and something we remedied with the Right to Serve Act, it was not the end of democracy. Elections happened, governments were appointed, and you Guerrero does not have any legitimate claims on the title Chief of Staff, neither does Rios, since he too betrayed the Republic. Neither does the Rosenoist traitors nor the Panama government. There simply doesn't exist a legitimate Chief of Staff, and there won't be one until Chile is liberated.

As of now the National Front junta that styles itself as the Chilean State has transformed into the Second Empire, with the passage of a bill "restoring" the Roseno heir to the tyrant's thrown.

This was allowed to happen by the Panama Junta, which has been providing recognition and stolen legitimacy to the Frente Nacionale.

As such, let it be known that all who associate with the Panama Junta are associating with the Second Empire and are enemies of the Republic!

- The Chief of Staff

I demand that whoever is elected as Caudillo immediately veto or revoke this Restoration Act!

"I have not stated this before, but these are my policies:

"Protectionism; we must continue our support for Chilean industry, and eventually become self-sufficient.

"State Capitalism; the government has to have the right of intervention in the economy to assist growth or prevent contraction.

"Pro-Military; as strong military will be necessary, not only to remain hegemon of South America, but also to combat any potential insurgencies.

"Full Citizenship; immigration must continue to be encouraged, in order that we might have a constant influx of new ideas and new talents.

"Moralism; we must return to our heritage as a Catholic nation, one where the primacy of the Church in religious matters is respected.

"Furthermore, my other aims are as follows: South American Unity, to be achieved without the UPCA and Mexico if not possible; Safety Regulations Reform, to ensure that workers are able to work with minimal risk of harm; and Overseas Influence, the gaining of satellites elsewhere in the world to provide markets for Chilean goods.

"I exhort you to vote not only with your brain, but also with your heart and your soul. Make the right choice this election."

General Severiano Miramontes
Minister for Reconstruction

President: Saez

I agree with señor Rosa, the restoration bill is a diabolical piece of legislation, and I shall not stand for it to pass.
I also call upon Fernandez to come forth and say if Escavado is infact our minister. I say nay and will not stand for him to be appointed as such. He is not loyal to Chile, and is untrustworthy.

-General Christiano Ferarri

Forgive me, I am late in officially stating my platform.

State Capitalism: The state must intervene in the economy in order to make sure no one class is oppressing another, so as to promote complete and total unity within the Fatherland, as well as to make sure every Chilean is doing the most he possibly can to benefit the Fatherland. I also advocate as low taxes as possible without running a deficit.

Protectionism: Chilean products and industry must be protected at all costs, so as to make sure the Chilean economy is as strong as can be.

Jingoism: Our military must be dominate. The military is the lifeblood of the Fatherland, what keeps it protected and free from the foreign hordes. The military, first and foremost, must be prioritized above all else.

Residency: We must keep the foreign hordes OUT! The Fatherland belongs to the Chileans, and NO ONE ELSE!

Atheism: We rule not by the will of God, but by the will of the Chilean people. National policies under me will therefore reflect this.

Also, if I am to become El Caudillo, I will make sure that the Restoration Act is vetoed. The Fatherland does not want nor need a monarch, and putting one on the throne is to betray the National Revolution and betray the legacy of brave men such as Sebastian Carrow or Sebastian Roseno.