• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A lot of people may say it's not worth it as it has little to change into afterwards. But, I hate having the nation decision button there looking all shiny and declaring an empire is always fun :rofl:

The first, PSKOVIAN EMPIREEE

Is it really useful to adopt imperial admin (when having 30 provinces)? I can't see any longtime benefit in adopting imperial admin?
Are there any Long-term disadvantages? ;)

Your King becomes Emperor and that's cool. If you have a German nation your Emperor is called Kaiser and if you have a Russian nation your Emperor is called Tsar.
You also get casus belli on all infidels.

An Empire within another Empire (HRE)? That's kind of weird. Even weirder if your are the Emp of the HRE.

Does adopting an imperial admin have any effect on later governmental changes/decisions?

An Empire within another Empire (HRE)? That's kind of weird. Even weirder if your are the Emp of the HRE.

Does adopting an imperial admin have any effect on later governmental changes/decisions?
The Austrian Empire was created in 1804 and the Holy Roman Empire wasn't disbanded until 1806... so at that time, the Austrian Empire were within the boundaries of the Holy Roman Empire, and the Holy Roman Emperor was the same person as the Austrian Emperor.

Last edited:
I find it normaler than being a 30 province giant but remaining a kingdom.
France, coughcough. :p

In the 1700s they owned half of the Americas but were still ruled by a King.
Though it was the French Empire... :confused:

Nope. It's strange though.

Not that strange actually. Imperialism and Imperial administration are two quite different things. Imperial administration represents Byzantine tradition rather than enlightened West European/Russian imperialism.

well i just read that absolute monarchy gets it, and somehow i remembered empire gets it too. are you sure? starting in 1800 with russia youre an empire and get the imp cb right? or am i totally wrong:confused:

well i just read that absolute monarchy gets it, and somehow i remembered empire gets it too. are you sure? starting in 1800 with russia youre an empire and get the imp cb right? or am i totally wrong:confused:

I don't remember which gets what, but EU3 wiki lists following government forms which get Imperialism casus belli:

Revolutionary Empire, Revolutionary Republic, Enlightened Despotism, Republican Dictatorship, Absolute Monarchy

I think it only says Empire, but if you hover over it, it's some other form of government (absolute monarchy?). Same if you check out Ming (Administrative Monarchy), Japan (Feudal Monarchy), etc.

France, coughcough. :p

In the 1700s they owned half of the Americas but were still ruled by a King.
Though it was the French Empire... :confused:

The colonies are a different thing. Many colonial empires were ruled by a King.(e.g.Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, France.)

Last edited:
Centralisation can go to -3 without any aditional RR, the morale bonus is also nice and you get the holy war CB on all infidels and 0.90 magistrates aren't bad either

The magistrates are pretty useful, and the title is always cool!

And you can't get the peasant unrest series of events. And you can change into admin monarchy at gov 18, same as a feudal monarchy.

Basically if you want to be a monarchy, and you're big enough, there is no reason not to at the begining of the game.