• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(255172)

Turbo Tape Games Dev
1 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
turbotapegames.com
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
The Udaloy model we have in the game has certainly received its fair share of attention, but attentive fans here quickly pointed out that the model was a mix of Udaloy I and Udaloy II (really the Admiral Chabanenko) features.

Thus Udaloy 1.5 was born.

No more.

udaloy2_maya_RED.jpg

Øyvind has now scrutinized photos and drawings of Admiral Chabanenko, and the render above shows what a butch and manly ship this really is (check dev diary 2 if that makes no sense) :)

That is sweet looking! :cool:

We'll make a mission where you are up against ten Udaloyz. And then it's you, in a dinghy :D

I hope you give the player and oar at least. :D

I also don't mind only one Udaloy, as long as it doesn't SHOW up! LoL, can't have confident sub-sea ops with the likes of those running around. Might get a little dangerous. I am pretty embarrassed by the fact that in all the time I've been around this game I have never visited this forum in particular. Sad.

BTW - nimitz98, love the new location. Jan is really getting to you will all this talk of dinghy rowing in the middle of ten Udaloyz. :D

Will there be Shkval, RBU-6000, ASROC of any kind?
here is what the udolday 2 has in real
Displacement: 6,200 tons standard, 7,900 tons full load
Length: 163 m
Beam: 19.3 m
Draught: 6.2 m
Propulsion: 2 shaft COGAG, 4 gas turbines, 120,000 hp
Speed: 35 kt
Range: 10500 nm at 14 kt
Complement: 300
Sensors and
processing systems: Radar:MR-760MA Fregat-MA/Top Plate 3-D air search radar and MR-320M Topaz-V/Strut Pair air/surface search radar
Sonar: Horse Tail LF VDS sonar and Horse Jaw bow mounted LF sonar
Fire Control: 2 MR-360 Podkat/Cross Sword SA-N-9 SAM control, 2 3P37/Hot Flash SA-N-11 SAM control, Garpun-BAL SSM targeting
Electronic warfare
and decoys: Bell Squat jammer
Bell Shroud intercept
Bell Crown intercept
2 x PK-2 decoy RL
10 x PK-10 decoy RL in later ships
Armament: Missiles:
• 8 (2 x 4) SS-N-14 Silex anti submarine missiles (2x4 SS-N-22 Sunburn ASCM in Udaloy II),
• 64 (8 x 8 vertical launchers) SA-N-9 Gauntlet surface to air missiles
• 2 x Kortik SAM (SA-N-11)
Guns:
• 2 x 1 100mm/70cal DP guns( 2 x 1 AK-130 130mm guns on Udaloy II)
• 4 x 30mm AA guns (4 x6 AK-630 CIWS 30mm gattling guns in Udaloy II)
Torpedoes and thers:
• 2 x 4 553mm Torpedo tubes ( RPK-2 Viyuga/ SS-N-15)
• 2 xRBU-6000 anti submarine rocket launchers (2 x 10 RBU-Udav ASW RL in UdaloyII)
Aircraft carried: helicopter deck and hangar, 2 Ka-27 'Helix' series helicopters