• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dannie,

is this game expected to be on Steam?

Dannie,

is this game expected to be on Steam?

It should be available on Steam during the end of next week as far as I know. And I must say that it reflects good on this game that you chose this question as your first post on the forum after being a member for nine years (!) :)

It should be available on Steam during the end of next week as far as I know. And I must say that it reflects good on this game that you chose this question as your first post on the forum after being a member for nine years (!) :)

Haha! He actually posted nine years ago in the Spanish forum. So apparently that doesn't count.

I think it is brilliant that you have got the demo out for us all - three cheers for Paradox!

Is there any chance of downloading the manual? I'm just right and left clicking everything in the hope it does something. A demo without the instructions might provide a frustrating experience - it is for me, anyway! The pop-up 'hints' are a help, but they are no substitute for the proper manual.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of downloading the manual? I'm just right and left clicking everything in the hope it does something. A demo without the instructions might provide a frustrating experience - it is for me, anyway! The pop-up 'hints' are a help, but they are no substitute for the proper manual.

Odd, they released the manuel briefly and someone started a thread linking it, but it seems to have been deleted, and now I cant find the link on the paradox site. Although luckily I still have it open in a tab and can still read it :D

I'm guessing they took it down because theres some errors it, for example it says your rulers intrigue effects how many kuni you can own, which is wrong. And 1 of the pages starts mid sentence and doesn't make sense, and when it references you to another page to see more detail about something the page number is wrong. I guess no one bothered updating it properly, whilst some pages were removed, so its a bit of a mess at the moment.

hello!

Just wanted to say that while I contemplated not buying this game due to the preorder fiasco, the existence of a demo- that long lost art- has brought me to reconsider

Edit: There. Money where my mouth is

Last edited:
Looks good. I played around the character screens, but my PC is being repaired, so I could not see the map with my integrated graphics hardware on my laptop. Anyway, plot screen looks interesting, ledger looks good, effective use of space for showing vassals, courtiers, etc.

Can I ask what the demo is missing compared to the full game (which I will be getting anyway)?

You can choose only two clan leaders (Ouchi and Shoni) and play ca. 15 years in game.

man, that first runthrough way awesome, i stayed up to 1 am playing the game xD

i played Ouchi [ofcourse xD ] first year i was rather peaceful, content with getting used to the game and improving my castles and villages. but then i wet on taking over kyogoku the yamana was helping with that.

and a few provinces from the hosokawa, by the end of say, year 8, hosokawa were reduced to a mere 4-6 provinces mainly in shikoku.

in the 9th year, they got split apart between me, kono, yamana, takeda hatakeyama and isshiki. akamatsu ate a few provinces from yamana.

what i found interesting though, oda revolted in owari! and nagao as well, taking a nicely sized two blobs from the uesugi and from a time, the uesugi actually fell from the top 5 clan leaders rank! satake grew in size too, same with osaki.

i'm going on my 2nd run now, expecting chaos!

though, i found some things to be somewhat confusing, originally, my character didn't have a son, so his heir was another ouchi clan member, when i did have a son, i ofcourse made my son my heir, he got pissed, i tried to send my master of ceremonies over to him to increase relations, but i didn't notice anything, so i pulled him back. tried to sow dissent too, but didn't notice anything, was i just impatient or is there something wrong with these two actions?

also, i think we need an alliance system, like, if i get in war, i can call for help from my allies? just a thought.

EDIT: also, it was rather hard trying to convince anyone to join my plots, what exactly do i need for them to join? a good relations with the character i'm trying to convince? or what?