• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only main problem with this game is that due to the historical setting, it's a little too linear in its outcome. There is replay, but there are only a few nations that can challange Rome, and not as many worth playing. I think the game, if it were to be expanded, should focus on internal factors such as a far more detailed economic system, and the game would be more concernced with micromanaging. Perhaps only to play as Rome, but to make that challange more deep, difficult and realistic.

My only main problem with this game is that due to the historical setting, it's a little too linear in its outcome. There is replay, but there are only a few nations that can challange Rome, and not as many worth playing. I think the game, if it were to be expanded, should focus on internal factors such as a far more detailed economic system, and the game would be more concernced with micromanaging. Perhaps only to play as Rome, but to make that challange more deep, difficult and realistic.

Or, that the game would actually have some depth, thus making the game more difficult. The problem with most Paradox games is difficulty and the lack of depth.

Well, actually they are quite deep?

And difficulty really depends on your choice of country, and the geopolitical situation of the time. Or you could just screw yourself and play Very Hard with an OPM.

That is to say, unless you're really, really intelligent.

I would much rather have a deep politcal system that roman republic did have with all back stabbing fun.

In terms of timeframe, I think that it should go up to the founding of Constantinople at least. Rome1 ended with Augustus really, but I want to play as the Ostrogoths! The late Germanic migrations need to be part of it.

Nice spam.

I think that any new Rome game should factor in the late empire. What would be really cool is if there was a new game made by PI covering the parts in between Rome and CK, so that someone could play a megacampaign from 300 BC or there about to 1948 AD.

What would be really cool is if there was a new game made by PI covering the parts in between Rome and CK, so that someone could play a megacampaign from 300 BC or there about to 1948 AD.
Not until Paradox creates at least a universal map/culture/religion system to make the save transfer simpler because every next game in the sequence won't have to replant countries, replace miraculously preserved ancient cultures and do other world-wrecking things.

Rome was a great idea marred by a not stellar execution. A rough gem so to speak. With another expansion I think it could have become a classic. Alas.

Still, a follow up? Oh yes, signed.

Yes please, signed.

Not until Paradox creates at least a universal map/culture/religion system to make the save transfer simpler because every next game in the sequence won't have to replant countries, replace miraculously preserved ancient cultures and do other world-wrecking things.

I know, that's where the idea all falls down... but still, to be able to conquer the Third Reich as Sparta...

Status
Not open for further replies.