• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting. I presume landing craft will be short-range transports that are neccessary for amphibious assaults? (which would make the Carnage group happy I guess :p)

So for the british will there be a Commando unit and/or Long range desert group unit? That would be awesome!!!!

And the battle plan thing is EPIC, but will the expansion require FtM and Semper Fi? and how much will it cost?

thanks!

I must confess, that I didn't play HOI 3 for a while. But if not allready removed, please make it so that naval leaders don't automatically die if their fleet is destroyed. That is especially true for leaders of subs. It allways bothered me that, if I didn't check on the sub fleet each day the next a leader like Dönitz was removed from the scenario. Again a ranking admiral would maybe be stationed on a huge battleship but never a small little sub. This would also make it possible to send out single subs without getting half my naval officer corp whiped out in one year.
Then again if this issue is allready resolved disregard everything I just said ;).

Nevertheless I will give this game another try with the new features.

yeah its on the todo list. As we usually do the last couple of dev diaries will be dedicated to small stuff like this. Also all features in the expansion arent on the announcement so there will be more stuff revealed in dev diaries

Thanks! Very glad to hear about the sortable leader search :)

*sigh*

You know what Paradox? Just shut up and take my life's savings...

I own this game, and all the expansions. But every time I attempt to play it, I get completely, and utterly overwhelmed. And I thought the learning curve for Victoria II was bad. Hopefully this expansion will encourage me to give it one more shot.

I own this game, and all the expansions. But every time I attempt to play it, I get completely, and utterly overwhelmed. And I thought the learning curve for Victoria II was bad. Hopefully this expansion will encourage me to give it one more shot.

Use the AI to control some things for you to start with... like trade, and control of the armies (below theatre level... you just set the objectives)

+ 100 I know know when I will be taking my vacation.
But pleeeeeeeeeeease make the AI smarter

First things first, thanks Paradox!

Whats new in the first two screen-shots?

I LOVE the Intel screen with selectable mission priority given to all missions, now I'm not stuck doing one mission or another!

Who will be project lead and who will be working on it? I assume you will be Podcat?

On the SC showing the ITA's diplomacy tab, I see several strange buttons at the top of the SC, some sort of slider and mysterious "Deployment". Does anybody have an idea what function does these things may serve?

I always dreamed of having a operational planning mode like this for giving your AI commands orders, really disappointed that this only serves a function in MP.

Except for the 'Leaders gain trait' feature, I'm a bit mixed about this expansion. Will the AI get improved? Will objectives work better? Will divisions now stay within radio-range of their corp=> army=> armygroup headquarter?

You should rebalance attachment brigades and their techs. I'm tired of just using Art and sometimes Eng all day long, while vastly ignoring others due to their relative lack of power.

I'd like to know if they will allow players to truly play beyond 1948 and into the Cold war period (say until the 1964 or so) and allow technologies and units to improve as well. I miss HOI2 Armageddons "Abyss" and "armageddon" scenarios as well, wil they ever bring these back?

Oh, and when will they add more nations that can be liberated/puppet ed to the game? it's only been what 3 years almost since HOI3 release?

Don't mis understand, I love HOI3 as a whole but I keep on hoping that the next expansion will ad the things I've just mentioned and then some, so far all expansions seem like massive bug fixes for the original game.

You should rebalance attachment brigades and their techs. I'm tired of just using Art and sometimes Eng all day long, while vastly ignoring others due to their relative lack of power.
+1.

I'd like to know if they will allow players to truly play beyond 1948 and into the Cold war period (say until the 1964 or so) and allow technologies and units to improve as well. I miss HOI2 Armageddons "Abyss" and "armageddon" scenarios as well, wil they ever bring these back?
Doubtful. HOI3 doesn't handle post-war years very well.

On the SC showing the ITA's diplomacy tab, I see several strange buttons at the top of the SC, some sort of slider and mysterious "Deployment". Does anybody have an idea what function does these things may serve?

This probably has something to do with the "custom game" tab and feature.