• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Steam often take a little longer to put the patches out than those who are using hardcopy/gamersgate download versions of the game. Since you can only (directly) patch Steam copies through their downloader, it follows that if they haven't put the patch out, taking it up with Paradox won't help. You would need to speak to Steam.

There does seem to be a perpetual issue with this, and it (possibly) resulting in a different checksum.

The Paradox connect issue is, I would imagine partially due to it being the weekend. I would expect it to come up as ready during the coming week.

Also, it's two different teams altogether, and I seriously doubt the EU3 team has much of a focus on achievements rather than the core game itself. Makes sense, but can be frustrating.

That's a completely unfair assumption, I paid for the game just like everyone else. Only problem is I can't find the box for my EU3 disks, and it appears registering those disks is what is needed to access that forum that you linked to.

Well, there is no way to prove this, so you will have to wait for the fix. Just buy the core EU3, online it's cheap. If you did not purchase it, I think it's fair to have to wait a few days or a week.
Also, the game and it's DLC are only available online, so there wouldn't be "disks", and you'd have infinite access to the cd key. And I doubt you would have imported Chronicles, as you said you have updated the game before (Chronicles is already at v5.0). So, there is really no excuse.

Last edited:
well it looked like you were really ripping on the paradox team in your original post and you should not do that. With the time and effort they put into there games they deserve a medal.

sooooo yeaaaaaaa......

I don't know.. I think it is more like us, the consumers who have paid money for this game and all of the patches and half a year after release would expect to have a playable game with all of the features advertised by Paradox to work. It gets tiring when the superfans hold Paradox to a lower expectation than they would another company and attempt to silence those who expect to get what they actually paid for.

I have no "addons" or anything, just regular Divine Wind 5.0.
DW is only an expansion, you should have buy a version of the base EUIII game + the expansions (or Chronicles, it contains the game with each expansion). You can access the Tech Support (and other specific subforums) only if you (buy and) register one of the base EUIII game.

Vernier, he probably downloaded Chronicles "through certain means" and didn't realize what it was, as he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Had previous updates when, if he had "no "addons" or anything, just regular Divine Wind 5.0", there were none (and if he had updates, he would have had to have had all previous DLC leading up to Divine Wind, which is only available online and therefore registrable), and he has disks to non-existent things, etc..

Can someone please confirm that they have connected to Paradox Connect with checksum BJLT?

I still can't, so I assume the personnel responsible for this are enjoying the weekend and will update Paradox Connect on Monday.

So did they fix it since I see some threads talking about to get "certain achievements" and so on.. Meanwhile it is not working for me, sadly .. I even did a clean reinstall and one with beta patches nothing works.. any clues?

Language issue

Hi everybody,

I'm playing the German version of the game. After downloading the patch 5.1 via the launcher and installing it, I started a test game.
I noticed that the language is messed up. Now I got a half german half french game :-/
Can anybody help?

Hi everybody,

I'm playing the German version of the game. After downloading the patch 5.1 via the launcher and installing it, I started a test game.
I noticed that the language is messed up. Now I got a half german half french game :-/
Can anybody help?

It's been noted that this has happened, and a bug report is open. Basically some lines of text seem to have become transposed in the localisation file.
If you go to the Deutsches Forum they may have advice on how to fix it.

So, I've noticed the issue with being unable to connect to the paradox forum. I've got the mac version, downloaded through gamersgate. I've never figured out if there is a way to manually check for updates, although on one occasion the game did so itself. Currently the title screen still just have 5.1 (OJDM). So, my question is twofold: (1) is the patch ready for mac yet? If so (2) will it just download itself, or is there a way to manually get it/check of updates within the game itself (note: I've downloaded the patch from the tech forums, but I've just left in on my desktop as I wasn't sure about mac compatibility)?

I'm just a gamer, not a tech wizard. And I love this game and the achievements.

Just downloaded the DW 5.1 patch with no problem, then when I get into my game and select a place to move my troops, this shows up this

25p6dlu.jpg

It does it for ships as well, it doesn't affect the time it takes to get to places but it's just bothering me aesthetically. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Did you try to delete your mapcache?